The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Avon, IN for 2023
There are 16 Assisted Living Facilities in the Avon area, with 4 in Avon and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Avon is $3,381 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Plainfield with an average starting cost of $3,087.
To help you with your search, browse the 103 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Avon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Avon 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Brownsburg with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Avon, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Avon, IN
Independence Village of Avon (Prestwick)
Traditions at Reagan Park
Harmony at Avon
Avon Health & Rehabilitation Center
Sugar Grove Senior Living
Brownsburg Meadows Assisted Living
Glasswater Creek of Plainfield
Westside Garden Plaza
Summit Place West
Wellbrooke of Avon
Woodland Terrace of Danville
Brownsburg Health Care Center
Rehabilitation Hospital of Indiana
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Avon
Avon, Indiana, is a professionally managed community that was incorporated in 1995 and was the first Tree City USA Community in Hendricks County. Seniors can enjoy the town’s natural environment from one of the city’s three assisted living facilities, and those who are willing to look out a little farther will find an additional nine communities nearby.
In Avon, as in the rest of Indiana, assisted living facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities. These facilities are monitored and licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging and house at least five residents. Each community is required to provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Avon
- Avon has hot, humid summers with highs in the mid-80s, which may be a consideration with seniors with health conditions that are worsened in a humid climate. Winters are chilly, with lows in the 20s.
- Air quality can have a significant impact on seniors' health, particularly for those with respiratory illnesses. Hendricks County was given an "A" for ozone pollution by the American Lung Association, which may be an attractive benefit for individuals with asthma or cardiovascular disease.
- The overall cost of living in Avon is slightly higher than the U.S. average. However, seniors can expect to pay about 9 percent less on grocery expenses and 13 percent less on healthcare here than they would in other U.S. cities. Transportation costs are roughly 13 percent higher than average, largely due to the town's lack of a public transportation system.
- Avon seniors do not pay taxes on their Social Security benefits, although any income received from retirement accounts or pension plans is taxed.
- The overall crime rates in Avon are 45 percent higher than the Indiana mean and 53 percent higher than the national average. Compared to the state average, Avon's rate of violent crime is 6 percent higher, and the rate of property crime is 52 percent higher. Assisted living communities are generally outfitted with security equipment and personnel, although seniors may want to take extra safety precautions when they're out and about.
- The Avon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including IU Health West Hospital and St. Vincent Neighborhood Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Avon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Avon start around $3,381 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Avon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Avon
Low-income seniors in Avon may be eligible for financial assistance from several programs to help pay for their assisted living expenses, including Indiana Medicaid, the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Avon
Avon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Avon, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Avon
Avon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Avon, IN
Other Options in Avon, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Avon
Review of Harmony at Avon
I visited Harmony at Avon. I just signed a lease there for my father. It's very clean because it's new. The staff here seems very friendly and most importantly, when I walked in, I interacted with ... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Avon (Prestwick)
The tour I had at Independence Village of Avon (Prestwick) was very professional. The problem is they're under remodeling right now, so it's difficult to get a real assessment. There were residents... Read more
Review of Independence Village of Avon (Prestwick)
Employees are very courteous, friendly and helpful. Everyone is very welcoming. My mom loves this place and is very happy here which makes me very happy. They plan trips for the residents throughou... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living