12 Assisted Living Facilities near Plainfield, IN
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Plainfield area, with 2 in Plainfield and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Plainfield is $2,550 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Franklin with an average starting cost of $2,460.
To help you with your search, browse the 80 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Plainfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Plainfield 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Avon with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Plainfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Plainfield, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Plainfield
Plainfield, which is a small town in central Indiana, has a population of nearly 33,000 residents. The 13 percent of residents that are over the age of 65 have just two assisted living facilities to choose from. Those who don't mind looking outside of Plainfield will find an additional 27 facilities in surrounding communities. In Indiana, assisted living facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities and provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services to at least five individuals. Facilities are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Plainfield
- Plainfield experiences four distinct seasons, with January lows around 20 degrees and July highs in the 80s. The summer months tend to have high humidity levels.
- The cost of living in Plainfield is a few percentage points lower than the national average which may appeal to seniors who have a tighter monthly budget.
- Indiana’s sales tax rate is 7 percent which is one of the highest state sales tax rates in the country. However, this is offset by the fact that Plainfield residents don't pay additional county or city sales taxes. While Social Security retirement benefits are not taxed in Indiana, income from pensions and retirement savings accounts are. Seniors who are planning to live in an assisted living facility in Indiana should account for these taxes in their monthly budget.
- While the property crime rate in Plainfield is 14 percent higher than the state average and 20 percent higher than the national average, its violent crime rate is relatively low at 30 percent below the Indiana average and 26 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- Plainfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hendricks Regional Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Plainfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Plainfield Senior Citizens Service Program, an organization that provides medical screenings, transportation services and educational and social programs for seniors as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Plainfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Plainfield start around $2,550 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Plainfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Plainfield
Low-income seniors in Plainfield can receive financial assistance from several programs to help pay for assisted living: Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Plainfield
Plainfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Plainfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Plainfield
Plainfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Plainfield, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Plainfield
Review of Sugar Grove
I've been to Sugar Grove, and it was nice. It was a good experience. I was just going to check it out, and they seem to have everything I need, if that's what we had decided. I didn't have a lot of... Read more
Review of Cumberland Trace
We visited Cumberland Trace. It was very nice. It was a newer facility. The furnishings were nice. The people were nice. We went up to a room and saw a room and the staff took us on a really short ... Read more
Review of Sugar Grove
I was able to tour Sugar Grove but they had no knowledge that I was even coming. I kinda threw the poor lady into a little bit of a panic when we showed up. We took the tour, and we talked to them,... Read more