The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Mooresville, IN for 2023
Also serving communities of Martinsville.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Mooresville area, with 2 in Mooresville and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Mooresville is $2,758 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 245 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Mooresville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Mooresville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Greencastle with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Mooresville, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Mooresville, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Mooresville
Mooresville, Indiana, which has been dubbed the “Home of the State Flag” and the “Crossroads of Progress,” is a quiet Midwestern town in Morgan County. Seniors, who comprise nearly 17 percent of the 9,600-person population, have access to two assisted living facilities in the city proper and an additional 21 facilities located nearby. In Mooresville, assisted living facilities are officially called Residential Care Facilities and provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services to at least five individuals. These facilities are licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Mooresville
- Indiana is a moderately tax-friendly state for seniors. Social Security benefits are tax exempt, but Mooresville seniors pay taxes on income from pensions and retirement accounts.
- Mooresville experiences four distinct seasons, with hot summers when highs reach the mid-80s and chilly winters with lows around 20 degrees. This may be a consideration for seniors who prefer milder temperatures.
- Mooreville is an affordable place to live, with a cost of living that is nearly 8 percent below the national average. Seniors pay about 16 percent less on health care here than in the average U.S. city, as well as about 9 percent less on groceries and 7 percent less on other goods and services. However, public transportation options are limited, which slightly drives up the cost of transportation to about 2 percent more than the countrywide average.
- Mooresville’s violent crime rate is 62 percent below Indiana’s average and 60 percent below the national average. The property crime rate is 18 percent higher than the state average and 24 percent higher than the national average. Assisted living facilities typically have security systems to prevent property crimes, though seniors may want to take extra precautions by ensuring that their vehicles are locked and possessions secured.
- The Mooresville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Franciscan Health Mooresville, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Mooresville residents age 60 and over can access CONNECT transportation for daily necessities such as social services, medical appointments, grocery trips, nutrition sites and other life-essential service destinations. This service operates Monday through Friday and is available on a first come/first served basis.
Paying for Assisted Living in Mooresville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Mooresville start around $2,758 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Mooresville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Mooresville
Mooresville seniors who meet income guidelines can receive financial assistance from several programs to help pay for assisted living, including Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program and the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Mooresville
Mooresville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Mooresville, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Mooresville
Mooresville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Mooresville
Review of Meadow Lakes
We have chosen Meadow Lakes for my father. His room will be ready in two weeks. It's a very family-friendly and clean community, and it's close to home. The layout of the room is for one person; it... Read more
Review of The Springs of Mooresville
My mom has moved into The Springs of Mooresville. It is close to home, and it has the physical therapy that she was looking for. It's excellent, clean, and is a beautiful place. They have a lot of ... Read more
Review of The Springs of Mooresville
It was super nice and the staff was great. the therapy staff were the staff I had, they work with you to achieve your goals. Read more