Altenheim Senior Living

Altenheim Senior Living (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Altenheim Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Altenheim Senior Living

July 18, 2014

Altenheim was our second choice. The facility seemed friendly and homey. The rooms were OK. The staff also seemed friendly. We were only there for an hour, but my mom felt good about the place.

March 29, 2014

By Beverly33

Altenheim is very nice, and my in-laws are living there. They have a one-bedroom apartment that’s quite roomy and very nice. It was bigger than in a lot of other facilities. The staff is wonderful. They have different levels of care. They have dance every day, exercise class, and they do outings. The food is pretty nice; they have their basic full menu, but they also offer a separate menu as an alternative. They have four or five dining facilities, and you can go whichever one you want. They have about 32 acres of land area, including a walking path and a pond you can fish in. My in-laws feel very welcome and well cared for.

November 28, 2013

By Beverly25

I had mom at Altenheim and she has been in there for a month and a half. I really like the facility. I was checking other places, but I really felt that this facility would be able to meet her needs the best. They had more levels of assisted living care than most of the other places. They had pretty much lift up everything they said that they would do and be able to do for my mother and so I've been really pleased with the whole experience. They have different size rooms. They have small, medium, and large and they were all very nice. They have a lot of activities. Everything was very clean and well kept. It's a good place and my mom has adjusted and she likes it.

Independent Living Reviews for Altenheim Senior Living

January 24, 2016

By David117830050

I have a big home at Altenheim as when I moved here my wife was with me but she passed away a couple of years ago. I have a 2-bedroom house. The place is very clean and I joined groups here.

November 23, 2013

By Caring72030850

Altenheim was where I had my rehab. That's probably one of the best places I've been to. They also have a separate section where you can either have assisted or independent living. Everything was spotless. The living environment was great. They have a section for picnics and a pond, which was so big that you can actually fish in it. They have benches and walkways all over the place. It was pretty easy to get around there. They have bingo in the afternoons. They have a snack bar for the residents and you can eat at three different spots. They have a dining room setting where you can get waited on and another area where you can wait on yourself. The staff was great and my rehab was good. They seemed to really care about their patients. Their rooms were great. From what I've seen they were like apartments where you have a double room there and you all have shower facilities. They also have laundry service available if you want. I just found everything great there.

March 13, 2013

By BROKENPROMISES

Other

YOU NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO YOUR FOLKS THAT STAY THERE AND WHEN THEY CALL FOR HELP DO NOT DISREGUARD THEM THEY ARE PAYING YOU TO CARE FOR THEM. U DO GET A CHECK RIGHT. THEY NEED LOVE AND HAVE FEELINGS AS U AND I DO. YOU HAVE LET MY FAMILY DOWN.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Altenheim Senior Living

Costs for Altenheim Senior Living

Photos of Altenheim Senior Living

Services and Amenities of Altenheim Senior Living

• State Licenses: 15-000103-1

• About Altenheim Senior Living

Altenheim Senior Living’s park-like campus in Indianapolis invites residents and guests to stroll the grounds and enjoy 32 beautiful acres of gardens, expansive lawns, paved walking paths, and a stocked fishing pond. The community’s location combines convenient access to I-465 and all parts of the city including the charming attractions of Beech Grove, Indiana. Greenwood Park Mall and other local amenities offer entertainment, shopping, and restaurants. Plus, with nearby physician’s offices, specialized medical services, and the major medical centers of south-central Indianapolis, Altenheim’s setting is the perfect complement to the community’s exceptional reputation and progressive approach to senior living and care.

For over 100 years, generations of area residents have chosen Altenheim for our tradition of gracious living, comprehensive continuum of care, and specialized rehabilitation services. Garden homes and apartments are available for maintenance-free independent living, with access to onsite health care services if ever needed. These services include assisted living and long-term skilled nursing care, as well as short-term rehabilitation with a full range of rehabilitative therapies.

Assisted Living Features and Services Included in Monthly Fee:

• Individualized assessment and development of personalized care plan
    • Nursing services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergencies
    • Emergency response system
    • Wall-to-wall carpeting
    • Complimentary laundry facilities

Maintenance-free independent living

Garden home living offers maximum independence and the feel of a private residence in a traditional neighborhood, while apartment home living offers immediate access to community amenities, programs and activities.

Apartment Homes Features and Services Included in Month-to-Month Rental:

• Smoke detectors, sprinklers and alarm system
    • Emergency response system
    • Wall-to-wall carpeting
    • Complimentary laundry facilities

Altenheim is part of the CarDon family of care. Based in Bloomington, Indiana, CarDon & Associates’ 35-plus years of management expertise and uniquely family-centered approach form the foundation of inspired senior living and compassionate care giving at our communities located throughout south-central Indiana. Thank you for your interest at Altenheim Senior Living please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Altenheim Senior Living