12 Assisted Living Facilities near Brownsburg, IN
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Brownsburg area, with 2 in Brownsburg and 10 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Brownsburg is $3,175 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Avon with an average starting cost of $3,025.
To help you with your search, browse the 80 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Brownsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Brownsburg 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lebanon with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Brownsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Brownsburg, IN
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Brownsburg, IN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Brownsburg
In Brownsburg, Ind., there are over 25,00 people — 12 percent aged 65 and over. The Brownsburg area is home to 14 assisted living communities, with two located in the city and an additional 12 facilities nearby. In Indiana, these facilities are designated Residential Care Facilities (RCFs) and must house at least five seniors and provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services. They are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency (FSSA) Division of Aging.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Brownsburg
- Brownsburg experiences hot, humid summers, with July highs in the mid-80s, and frigid winters with lows in the teens. On average, the city receives 41 inches of rain and 20 inches of snow annually and has approximately 190 sunny days each year.
- The overall cost of living for Brownsburg is roughly 6 percent below the national average. Seniors can expect to pay about 6 percent less on groceries and 3 percent less on transportation. Health care expenses are higher in this city, coming in at about 14 percent above the national average.
- Brownsburg has a low overall crime rate that is nearly half both the state and national averages. The rate of violent crime is over 70 percent lower than state and national averages, and the rate of property crime is 48 percent lower than the state average and 45 percent lower than the U.S. average.
- While Brownsburg does not have a public transportation system, seniors can contact Hendricks County Senior Services to schedule transportation for medical appointments, grocery shopping and other life-essential service destinations.
- Brownsburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including Meals on Wheels of Hendricks County, an organization that provides nutritious, home-delivered meals for homebound seniors who are unable to prepare their own food, as well as one senior center.
- The Brownsburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Brownsburg Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Brownsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Brownsburg start around $3,175 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Brownsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Brownsburg
Brownsburg seniors may be eligible to receive financial assistance from several programs that could help pay for assisted living. Currently, there are four programs available to Brownsburg residents: Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Brownsburg
Brownsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Brownsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Brownsburg
Brownsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Brownsburg, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Brownsburg
Review of Brownsburg Meadows
Brownsburg Meadows Assisted Living is a very nice facility. It is located off of 267 in Brownsburg, IN. The staff is friendly and helpful with any questions asked. Many fun activities are planned t... Read more
Review of Brownsburg Meadows
The individual who helped me at Brownsburg Meadows was very helpful. They had a very nice facility, library, laundry room, and dining room. When we arrived, the receptionist greeted us as she was e... Read more
Review of Brownsburg Meadows
The staff at Brownsburg Meadows was nice and accommodating, and the place was clean. It looked busy since there were a lot of activities going on, but the people were nice and seemed content. Read more