The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Greenwood, IN for 2023
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Greenwood area, with 7 in Greenwood and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Greenwood is $3,906 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,860. Cheaper nearby regions include Beech Grove with an average starting cost of $3,625.
To help you with your search, browse the 216 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Greenwood. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Greenwood 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Mooresville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 20 families in Greenwood find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Greenwood, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Greenwood, IN
Greenwood Village South
Independence Village of Greenwood
Bickford of Greenwood
Rosegate Assisted Living and Garden H...
The Wellington at Southport
Magnolia Springs SouthPointe
Altenheim Senior Living
Astral at Franklin
Five Star Residences of Banta Pointe
Otterbein SeniorLife Franklin
Beech Grove Meadows
Morning Pointe of Franklin
Hellenic Senior Living Of Indianapolis
Envive Healthcare of Beech Grove
The Waters of Indianapolis
Bethany Village Assisted Living
Dillman Law Group
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Greenwood
Greenwood a populous suburb in the Indianapolis metropolitan area with almost 14 percent of residents age 65 and over. The city is home to six assisted living facilities, officially known as Residential Care Facilities (RCFs), with another 20 located nearby. Facilities are licensed and monitored by the Family and Social Services Agency (FSSA) Division of Aging, and if a facility will provide nursing care and medication administration, it must be licensed as a health facility by the Indiana Department of Health. Assisted living facilities are required to accommodate at least five seniors and provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Greenwood
- Greenwood ranks low on Sperling’s Comfort Index, coming in at 41 out of 100. This is due to an excessive number of days outside of the 70- to 80-degree range as well as high levels of humidity. The July high is 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January low is 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Greenwood’s overall cost of living is nearly 7 percent lower than the national average. While this is primarily due to the affordable housing costs, seniors can expect to spend about 6 percent less on groceries and about 3 percent less on transportation expenses. Health care is relatively expensive here, costing about 14 percent more than the national average.
- Greenwood’s overall crime rate is 29 percent higher than the state average and 36 percent higher than the national average. The rate of violent crime is 14 percent higher than Indiana’s average and 20 percent higher than the national average, and the rate of property crime is 31 percent higher than the state average and 39 percent higher than the national average.
- Public transportation in Greenwood is provided courtesy of IndyGo, which has local routes in Greenwood and downtown Indianapolis. Seniors can show their Medicare card to receive half-fare pricing.
- The Greenwood area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Community Hospital South, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Greenwood has an array of community resources for seniors, including Meals on Wheels, an organization that provides home-delivered meals for home-bound seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Greenwood
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Greenwood start around $3,906 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Greenwood and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Greenwood
Greenwood seniors have access to several programs that can help them pay for assisted living, including Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program (RCAP) and Supplemental Security Income – Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Greenwood
Greenwood and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Greenwood, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Greenwood
Greenwood-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Greenwood, IN
Other Options in Greenwood, IN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Greenwood
Review of Independence Village of Greenwood
My mom was a resident of Independence Village. Her apartment was lovely and became her home. The staff was outstanding...attentive, kind, professional, friendly and pleasant. Some of Mom's most app... Read more
Review of Greenwood Village South
Our experience with placing our mom in this assisted living facility has been wonderful! During the stressful time of indecision and inquiry when we knew a change was imperative to ensure Mom's s... Read more
Review of Greenwood Village South
Great communication between nursing and administrators and family. The assisted living staff allowed our family to get her apartment ready with all of her personal things. This made my aunt feel so... Read more
11 Signs It Might Be Time for Assisted Living
The decision to help an aging adult move out of a current home is a complex one -- both emotionally and practically. Above all, you want the person to be safe and well. How can you all feel more co...
Nursing Home, Assisted Living, or Independent Living?
The first step to finding the best senior housing for your loved one is to understand what type of care facility is the best fit. There are six main types of residential elder care options: _[Inde...
- Assisted Living or In-Home Care?
- Assisted Living Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
- Cost of Assisted Living
How to Pay for Assisted Living
As you're weighing senior care options for your loved one, cost is likely a top factor. The good news? Depending on what care your loved one needs, assisted living can be much more affordable than ...
How Levels of Care Affect Assisted Living Cost
If you're shopping for assisted living, you'll need to familiarize yourself with the levels of care, as the monthly rate for assisted living will depend on the level of care that the resident requi...
- Tips on Moving to Assisted Living