Sugar Grove Senior Living Plainfield, IN

Reviews of Sugar Grove Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Sugar Grove Senior Living

October 02, 2020

By ReviewerRD092020

I was able to tour Sugar Grove but they had no knowledge that I was even coming. I kinda threw the poor lady into a little bit of a panic when we showed up. We took the tour, and we talked to them, and we're gonna get back to them as soon as we know what's going on. This one was recommended to us by our advocate, and that's why we went to this particular place. We kinda have already checked a lot of places, I think this is one of the places that we are looking at. More than likely, it looks like it was one of the better places. I want my dad to explore it, and see if he likes it. He is on Medicaid, and we have to make sure that they take that waiver because we can't afford it to put him in some place. Our tour was great. I just kinda felt bad for the staff because she didn't know we were coming. It was great, it was wonderful. She was very, very attentive to us. She took care of it. She showed us all around. She explained as much as she possibly could because she just works on the weekend. It was great; It was fine. I had no problem with it. They were very, very good about it. The rooms that we saw were very clean, and very adequate for what we were looking for. We didn't try any food. The facility seemed like it was in a very good condition. It felt very homey, it felt very cozy and warm. It smelled very good when we walked in. The staff did a great job. The ones that we interacted with, they were very good, very attentive to us, and answered our questions. The facility is clean but it's a little dated.

October 01, 2020

By LK

Everything about Sugar Grove appeared to be excellent. It's well cared for on the outside and inside. I think my friend is pretty pleased. They had a birthday party there for her. I had lunch with her and it was fine. It's very nice and even newer than the other community my relative was in.

December 11, 2019

By lauralynn123

Rooms are well maintained. My mother enjoyed her stay there. The staff was very kind and courteous. She enjoyed the beauty salon and the opportunity to interact with other residents.

March 06, 2019

By Piewacket

Because we only visited the facility I was not quite sure what rating should be assigned. So I decided to split my review. We were greeted immediately by the Weekemd Manager. She was very friendly, well groomed and knowledgeable;. She took us on a tour of the facility which included opening the doors to apartments. So for this part of our tour I would give an Excellent rating. as she made us feel welcome.and not rushed. Although it was not lunch time. residents were in the dining hall visiting and looked happy and comfortable.. However because we only visited,and did not experience the day to day activities I rated the facility as average. Before I sign out I would like to share a "Moment" that convinced me this was a good place to be,... There was a gentleman in his electric cart headed to the dining room and about 2-3 feet behinf him was his dog! It was a good way to end the tour!

September 29, 2018

By John

My friend liked Sugar Grove. The staff seemed very nice, very informative, and very hospitable. He liked the proximity to where he lives now, the cost, and the type of suites that they have. It was a better fit for him. They had activities, library, and outings to the mall.

August 15, 2018

By Tina

Sugar Grove was very beautiful and took pets. The staff who assisted us was very helpful and nice. The dining area was very nice, and we talked to several ladies who said the food was very good. They were playing bingo that day. They had a physical therapist on-site. I was very impressed with the place.

March 28, 2017

By Howard703123

Sugar Grove is very nice. The staff appeared to be friendly, and smiled and greeted the residents like they knew everybody there. We looked at their assisted living and the two-bedrooms were just too small to get our furniture in. It didn't really fit our needs. There wasn't any trash around, but we were concerned that they didn't have much parking for handicapped people. They also didn't have any garages for the cars, but there was a small shuttle bus. They showed us a list of their activities.

June 23, 2016

By Happy Visitor121736050

Sugar Grove was a nice, clean community. The rooms weren't too big. The rooms were very clean and nice but smaller than what my mother wanted.

June 30, 2014

My mother lives here at Sugar Grove Senior Living. I am visiting here now and I have been dealing with this facility close to two years. I am pretty much pleased with what they have. My in-laws come down and visit this place also and we have them on the waiting list. When an opening comes up, we are going to move them from where they live now. It is a ranch and it is one level. It is not huge but it is pretty large. The assisted living side has three large hallways and a dining hall. They have another wing that is memory/additional medical need and there is cap on that side per room. They have LPN, RN and CAN 24/7. They have an ala carte service depending on what they need. They have a recreational lady that is here Monday through Friday. They have games and activities pretty much every day. There are church services on Sundays. Women can get their hair done here on Wednesdays. They have a bus and they take them on field trips on different places. They also take people to appointments and restaurants.

August 15, 2012

By Pooka

My mother has been a resident of this facility for almost a month now. We placed her here because it's near my brother's home. Also, my mother-in-law stayed in here. This place has a garden for walking and a large restaurant area for dining. The accommodations are just wonderful and really nice. The staff seems really attentive and caring. They provide a calendar for their activities. I think my mom will rate it really good. I even joked that I want to reside here as well. I will recommend this place to others. However, there's still room for improvement especially in the tap water quality. I noticed that it was rusty.

Independent Living Reviews for Sugar Grove Senior Living

June 15, 2019

By Charles

Sugar Grove was excellent. They showed us a two-bedroom condominium place, and it was perfect. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They had card games, arts and crafts, a dining area, and a sitting area to play the games and crafts in.

November 27, 2018

By Robin

Sugar Grove is very nice and the dining area was very clean. The few staff members that I met were all very friendly. Their activities include different games, movies, crafts, and things like that. They have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. It's very clean and everything looks presentable. It's well-laid out. I like how they have different types of living. The memory care impressed me more. It was bright and the staff was happy, and it was just like a happy place. They're really trying to maintain that for the memory care people. They decorated it with bright colors.

October 03, 2017

By Karen

Sugar Grove is slightly smaller than the other community we saw. We chose the independent living facility because it had a garage. We wanted to still have our car for awhile. The other two we looked at did not have garages. The staff members are all friendly. They offer physical fitness. They have a library, a beauty shop, and two dining areas. You can use a sort of meal ticket and eat there, or you can go back to your apartment and do your own cooking. They have 4:00 happy hour everyday where you can meet everyone before dinner and have some drinks. They offer a bus to take you to different things, and you can sign up for it. Overall, they are very friendly and they allow pets. We have our cat that we are going to keep for awhile in the independent area.

November 24, 2016

By Nellie504758

I thought the one-bedroom, one-bath at Sugar Grove was pretty small and didn't like that there wasn't room for a dining table. I have yet to see the two-bedroom, one-bath, which is a little bit bigger. The staff member was very pleasant and knew what she was doing. It's the best one that I've seen so far.

January 25, 2016

By Elisha1

We love Sugar Grove. The rooms are wonderful. It has everything that she needs and it is very comfortable. The staff is great. I cannot say enough about them. They are very nice and very helpful in her transition. Everything is clean and very nice. They are very accommodating.

November 30, 2015

By Lois S.

We had found Sugar Grove, but we had not moved in yet. It was very nice. It was clean. It had well landscaping. The person in charge was friendly and outgoing. The rooms were well done, and they were immaculate. They told us about the activities, and we saw the exercise room. They had a library, a movie room, a restaurant, a beauty shop, and a barbershop.

September 26, 2013

By Anna10

Sugar Grove is a brand new facility and it's a very nice place. The rooms are of good size. The staff seemed to be very pleasant and happy.

Memory Care Reviews for Sugar Grove Senior Living

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About Sugar Grove Senior Living

Sugar Grove features studio, one and two-bedroom apartments as well as garden homes. Our apartments offer neutral color schemes which are convenient when it comes to decorating. Assist rails are located in our bathrooms, emergency call buttons in every apartment, smoke alarms and sprinkler systems provide peace of mind to residents and their loved ones. All bills including basic cable, telephone and wireless internet, are all included in each month's rent. We offer courtesy transportation, on-site beauty salon/barber, fitness center, available daily newspaper delivery and personal laundry and linen services are among other features and services residents appreciate at our Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Plainfield, IN.

We provide restaurant style dining, social, educational and recreational programming. Housekeeping and laundry services, 24 hour staffing, library, computer area, walking path, fitness center, and allow small pets.

Map of Sugar Grove Senior Living