30 Assisted Living Facilities near Voorhees, NJ
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Voorhees area, with 8 in Voorhees and 22 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Voorhees is $4,094 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 322 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Voorhees. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Voorhees 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cherry Hill with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 13 families in Voorhees find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Voorhees, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Voorhees, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Voorhees
Voorhees, New Jersey is a large township located in the greater Philadelphia metro area with nearly 14 percent of its residents over age 65. The area accommodates its older population by offering eight assisted living facilities in town, another 41 nearby and providing free rides for seniors to several locations, such as the Senior Club and Target.
In New Jersey, the Department of Health and Human Resources licenses and regulates assisted living facilities, which are facilities that create a home-like setting and offer personal and health services to four or more adults. Services may include assistance with daily living, medication management and prepared meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Voorhees
- The Voorhees area is home to world-class medical facilities, including The Virtua Voorhees Hospital in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who love the outdoors can breathe in the fresh air and enjoy outdoor activities in the warm summers that hit highs of 86 in July. The winters have lows of 22 degrees in January, but with less than two feet of snow, seniors may only have slight difficulty being active in this season.
- While the particle count in Voorhees, Camden County received an excellent A rating from the American Lung Association, seniors with respiratory conditions could be adversely affected due to the area’s poor ozone grade of F.
- The New Jersey Transit public bus system is accessible to seniors with mobility devices and offers discounted fare. Seniors in Voorhees can ride the bus to get around easily within the Camden County area.
- Seniors and their loved ones may not feel secure in Voorhees, due to the high violent and property crime rates. Their respective scores of 58.3 and 51.6 out of 100 (one being the safest) are quite a bit higher than the national averages of 31.1 and 38.1.
- The national average cost of living score is 100, compared to Voorhees, whose score is 132. This means that seniors living in Voorhees have a 32 percent higher cost of living than in the rest of the country, which could make affording quality care difficult.
Paying for Assisted Living in Voorhees
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Voorhees start around $3,969 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Voorhees and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Voorhees
There are no state-funded programs available for seniors in Voorhees who are seeking aid for assisted living costs. The state’s Medicaid waiver, the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) has no enrollment cap, so any senior that is eligible or has Medicaid can access these benefits, which help cover costs for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Voorhees
Voorhees and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Voorhees, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Voorhees
Voorhees-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Voorhees, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Voorhees
Review of Brookdale Evesham
It was a difficult decision for us to move our Mom into an assisted living facility, but we are extremely glad we choose Brookdale Evesham. Recently it has been difficult for all or us to be with ... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Voorhees
I moved my parents to Brandywine Voorhees during the Covid pandemic. It was a tough decision that was made easier by the caring and professional staff at Brandywine. Bridget started by giving us a ... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Voorhees
My father was placed in the facility just over a week ago during the covid-1 crisis. We were not able to enter the facility but was given a virtual tour from Bridget Carroll. Bridget has been awe... Read more