37 Assisted Living Facilities near Cherry Hill, NJ
Also serving communities of Haddonfield.
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cherry Hill area, with 3 in Cherry Hill and 34 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cherry Hill is $4,553 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Voorhees with an average starting cost of $3,919.
To help you with your search, browse the 357 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cherry Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cherry Hill 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Moorestown with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Cherry Hill find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cherry Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cherry Hill, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, is located just south of Philadelphia, a thriving bedroom community focused on keeping the town a safe, close-knit community. Out of the population of 71,000, over 18 percent are seniors over 65, making it a good place to retire. There are 33 assisted living facilities in the Cherry Hill area, allowing plenty of options for those who need a little extra help with daily living tasks. Assisted living facilities in Cherry Hill, and the entire state, are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health. Regulations stipulate that staff be on hand 24 hours a day, and the campus must be designed to allow aging in place.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cherry Hill
- Cherry Hill residents experience all four seasons, including snowy winters and warm, humid summers. July high temperatures average 86 degrees, while January lows are around 23. Winter blizzards and occasional summer hurricanes are possible. Seniors sensitive to cold weather may not enjoy living here.
Cost of living in Cherry Hill is 114.7, compared to the U.S. average of 100. Housing costs are about 15 percent higher than the average, while grocery costs and healthcare are both slightly higher. Seniors with chronic health conditions should bear this in mind.
- Cherry Hill violent crime rates are less than half the national average, while property crimes are slightly higher. Seniors are advised to secure their belongings, although most of the petty theft and auto break-ins shouldn't affect those in assisted living.
- Cherry Hill is serviced by the New Jersey Transit Authority, which provides both rail lines and buses. Paratranspotation is also available for those who qualify. Seniors may travel around the city as well as into nearby Philadelphia via train. Those 62 and older, or with a qualifying disability, are eligible for reduced fares.
- The Newark area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Jefferson Cherry Hill Hospital and Cooper University Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Newark has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Cherry Hill Senior Services Department, an organization that provides door-to-door transportation, discounts at area businesses, and programs for physical fitness, education, and enrichment as well as several clubs for different interests through the Carman Tilelli Community Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cherry Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Cherry Hill start around $4,553 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cherry Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cherry Hill
New Jersey offers Medicaid waivers as part of the federal government's Comprehensive Medicaid Waiver. For those that qualify, the 2017 Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) program may offset costs of assisted living. New Jersey's system has no enrollment caps, meaning that all those who are eligible to receive services will receive them.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cherry Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cherry Hill
Cherry Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Cherry Hill, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cherry Hill
Review of Spring Hills Cherry Hill
My mother moved into the resident care on Dec 2020. Covid 19 hit in March of 2020 and this facility went on lock down like most. Fast forward to current day 4/10/2021 and they are still on lock dow... Read more
Review of Spring Hills Cherry Hill
My tour at Spring Hills Cherry Hill was great. It's a beautiful community, a very big place, and the people are very nice. It's clean, lively, but very expensive which is a huge drawback. It used t... Read more
Review of The Residence at Cherry Hill
I went but it was just too small for my parents, and I wanted a larger community for them. The staff was wonderful, lovely, the residents were very active, and engaging in conversation as we toured... Read more