Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

Reviews of Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

Assisted Living Reviews for Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

November 01, 2015

By susannewyork

My aunt lived here two years ago before she went over to long term. For four years they adjusted her medicines properly, helped her when she didn't want to take a bath, and treated her well with all her eccentricities. Assisted living is expensive but Staples was inexpensive while still providing good care. They are very honest about the finances. She even was able to receive a grant on the fourth year. I would highly recommend it.

By ninnaz

My 92 year-old father arrived at Stapeley in need of physical therapy and skilled nursing care, which he received for a period of 7 months. He had been in a short-term rehab facility after a short hospital stay resulting from a fall into his tub. I visited a couple of other facilities, and spent a lot of time researching online (looking at sites like this, U.S. News & World Report, etc.). I also spoke with family friends in their late 80s. My goal was to find a facility that could meet his need for medical attention short-term and also be a great place for him to live in a personal care apartment, after his health improved. Stapeley was, and is, the place. There is a feeling of real community among the residents and staff. The staff are very hands on, very can-do. They are always professional, clearly knowledgeable and capable, but also low-key--very personable and friendly. The facility is very well maintained, both inside and out. The grounds are gorgeous. There classes and other activities, including field trips. Students from local art and music schools come in to work with the residents and perform. I highly recommend Stapeley.

By Ann Ricksecker

My mother lives in the independent living section of Stapeley for over a year. It is a very good place for her and she has found activities and friends that are wonderful. The staff are friendly, attentive, and effective. The dining room is quite the gathering place! And every month there is a detailed and comprehensive calendar of events circulated to all that displays activities ranging from shopping trips to on-site movies; from day trips to local attractions to live afternoon music in the parlor; from manicure days to lectures on history, art, and world culture. Her apartment is large and light, and the services are very good (such as weekly cleaning service, and quick repairs when reported.) I highly recommend Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley!

By BB California

My sister has been a resident at Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley for about 3 years; she started in independent living and last year moved to assisted living. Prior to making the decision we checked out 7 other facilities and finally decided on Stapeley, a decision we never regretted . My family and I couldn't be happier, mostly because my sister is happy, with the services she receives and her new life! I have relatives in the Philadelphia area who visit her, but because I live in California there are times when I feel the need to check with staff to learn what they are seeing on a daily basis. Each time I've called I get a thorough report which is reassuring. I've also spent time visiting Stapeley on a more extended, daily basis when I travel to Philadelphia. The staff are very caring and friendly and make the residents their priority, this is most important to me. The food is good and I'm amazed at all the activities and services available to residents. While I was there I attended a cooking demo, listened to lecture on art and scheduled my sister to get her hair and nails done:-) On a final note, the marketing person was fabulous and went out or her way to answer all our questions and make helpful suggestions. We were so fortunate to find Stapeley. Knowing my sister continues to receive good care brings me great peace of mind. I highly recommend Stapeley if you are looking for care for a loved one.

By Dr. Debbie

Stapeley is a comfortable, friendly senior living setting where the staff share not only their skills and expertise, but themselves, as well. The atmosphere in the halls and common rooms is positive and welcoming. New people (visitors and residents alike) are approached and engaged by veteran residents, who are happy to meet new people, to answer any questions, and to share their own experience of Stapeley. Quality music, lecture, and other educational/social opportunities are on offer. I have found the staff responsive whenever I have had a question or need. There is a friendly Chaplain on staff, so residents and staff alike have access to a spiritual resource person on site. Oh, and the food is good! There is a reasonable choice at meals, and the dining room is very pleasant, surrounded on three sides by lovely views of the property. To sum it up: well-maintained, spacious living quarters, friendly neighbors, competent & caring staff, good food, and a nice array of things to do - Stapeley is a good place if these matter to you!

June 03, 2015

By Careforthelderly

I witnessed as my mother tried to get services for her mother in law. Due to their income the representative at Wesley Enhanced Living told my mom not to waste her time looking at Wesley. The representative took it upon herself to cancel the appointment to tour the facility and rejected any further inquiries due to money. I was not pleased to hear about this.

March 27, 2014

It was felt that the surroundings at Wesley were much more conducive, much homier. It has a much nicer feel to it. We felt that the people who were working there, both administratively and nurses and attendants on the floor, were much more attentive and respectful of the residents. Financially, it worked. It has a nursing home attached to it, so my parents can just easily move in to the nursing home. The building itself was an older building, but I think it was restored. They kept a lot of the nice parts about it - the wood, the big windows that they have, the big doors, the moldings. The room itself also has a bathroom attached to it, which was something that we liked about it. It's big enough to have their bed, a couple of small dressers, a TV, a couple of chairs, wall to wall carpeting, stand-up shower and high ceilings, which was nice. The staff is very attentive and that was one of the things that we like. They were very willing to work with our parents and do little things that other places might not have been willing to do in order to make them feel at home. The more that I personally go there to visit my parents, the more I get to notice that and it's always the same every time I go, which is also nice and consistent. So I'm very pleased with it. They had music. They had a woman come in and play the piano and sing. They had another musical thing where they had piano and flute with a little bit more of a band type situation. Every Sunday, they have a non-secular religious hour that we usually attend. The other activities I know of is current events, but my parents haven't really been involved in because they didn't have much interest. I feel good about the care and the people that are there. I feel like my parents will be taken care of when I, my sisters and brothers aren't there. They have been there for two and a half weeks, but I already feel like they're doing better.

January 31, 2014

By Sharon40

The staff at Wesley was great. They're very nice and very engaging. Their studio was very nice for a studio. We've come for a couple of special events and 2 dinners. The dining room was nice. I'm sure they have plenty of activities but mom hasn't done anything else. The only thing I know that mom did was bingo. I guess they could improve on a more affordable buy-in rate.

May 08, 2012

By stargirl316

Other

I am a musician who enterains at this facility. I have found the caregivers to be consciounce and caring to the residents. They truly care about them. The facility is clean and pleasant. I am impressed with the way the staff is truly concerned about the residents' welfare. I would recommend this facility for a loved one.

Independent Living Reviews for Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

November 20, 2017

By Carthelia

We looked at Wesley Enhanced Living. The apartments were beautiful, the furnishings and accommodations were nice, and they had planned trips and scheduled activities. The dining area was nice, with big windows.
Thank you for your feedback, we're glad you enjoyed your visit to Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley! Please don't hesitate to contact our Sales staff if we can answer additional questions. We hope to see you back soon!

March 29, 2017

By SH604473

Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley was very nice. They had a very nice staff, room apartments, and kitchens. The community itself wasn't as nice as the other one I visited, but it still had a community feel. They had beautiful trees but needed to do some upgrades, if you ask me. It was an older place, but it had some character. The staff was very thorough and very nice.

September 16, 2016

By Alzwife2

Stapeley is a very warm and nurturing environment for my loved one, who lives in personal care. She has memory issues and enjoys her freedom, the comaraderie of the other residents and the activities. She also loves hanging out on the porch.

February 24, 2014

By Caring78204950

Overall, I think Wesley Enhanced Living Stapeley is pretty good. They had a sale where half of the entrance fee was taken off and four months free of rent, so that was really helpful. I talked to the sale person and she is very nice and I think she really wants things to work. She also seemed very friendly to all of the residents and I like her a lot. I actually had a setup so that my friend would spend a week just to have the chance to see what it was like, but she knew she wanted to move in there. She really likes her little room. She has a studio apartment and she is in an independent living right now. They have two dining rooms, one is for personal care and the other one is the main dining room for the independent living residents and they all looked very nice.

October 11, 2013

By Melva1

I had lunch at Stapeley in Germantown. The food was very nice. They were very accommodating. I could make a request and they cook it. The rooms were very nice, too. They were like small apartments with an outside balcony. If I have to choose one tomorrow for the cost and the location, I would choose Stapeley.

Nursing Home Reviews for Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

• Renal

• French

• Pets: Small Pets

About Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley

Affordable living options. A tradition of outstanding care and services for older adults.

Stapeley offers the best of urban living with easy access to Center City, the Main Line, and Chestnut Hill. There is a full range of senior living options, including residential living, personal care, rehabilitation and skilled nursing care, and alzheimer’s and dementia care in a special unit called Bridges.

Honesty, integrity and the worth of every human being - values instilled by the Quakers who founded Stapeley in 1904 - are still very much a part of the community today. What’s more, Stapeley gracefully reflects its historic roots with beautifully preserved architecture and antiques in a quaint, welcoming setting. Located less than 10 miles from Center City Philadelphia, the community provides ready access to the city’s wide range of cultural and entertainment offerings.

Natural beauty lies just outside the door - our grounds are uniquely surrounded by a small hardwood forest inhabited by birds and wildlife. Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley is truly a community that must be seen to be appreciated.

Our building was renovated last year and has a fresh new look throughout. The look and feel of our community is similar to a “bed and breakfast” with warm colors, inviting rooms and makes people feel comfortable and at home.

Map of Wesley Enhanced Living at Stapeley