Oakwood Residence

Reviews of Oakwood Residence

Assisted Living Reviews for Oakwood Residence

November 24, 2016

By Tracy515163

The food at Oakwood Residence is standard for an assisted living place. It is like catering-style food. I like the size of his room and of the bathroom, and it is very clean. I like the size of it because it is best for my dad; it is just a great fit for him. The hallways are very wide. They will have no problems getting into their rooms. They may have a little trouble getting into the bathroom because if they needed assistance, the person who’s assisting them would have to be already in the bathroom because the wheelchair would be blocking the doorway too much to allow another person to get in there. I feel that if the wheelchair was just outside the door, it would be better. But they try to put the wheelchair all the way into the bathroom where you wouldn’t be able to fit all the way in there. They have a calendar, and they have several activities throughout the day, so I feel like they try to keep them active. You are not being billed separately like a lacarte. It is not based on their level of care, which I like. I am very happy.

October 20, 2016

By Mildred547107

I visited Oakwood Residence. My problem with that one was that I had macular degeneration, and they had an awful lot of wood paneling; that was not good for my eyes. The person who toured me around was the one in-charge of Oakwood, and he was very informative. They served us lunch. I had tour of the room, and the hallways had paneling. When I walked in, it was dark, and with my eyesight, I need more light. However, the people were wonderful. They were friendly. The food was good. They did everything they could to make us feel welcome.

October 27, 2015

By Sharman1

I visited Oakwood Residence for my sister. It was very nice and clean. The people were nice. I like the area; it was clean and nice. However, my sister was not qualified. The rooms were beautiful. They were remodeled. It was a beautiful place. Their dining room was very nice. They had nice table clothes. It looked like a restaurant. I would recommend Oakwood. The people seemed happy, and the facility was very nice.

June 15, 2012

By eddoc

I find Oakwood to be a usually positive experience. The people seem to be content, the meals are good they check in on you multiple times a day and make sure you get help with what you need including meds, change of clothes, and showers. I feel they engage the patients in getting them to attend the variety of activities they host. The people that work there are positive and helpful. Sometime there are incidents with residents walking into the wrong rooms or shouting or in dementia. Some of that is to be expected. Overall a good standard of care and my mother in law is happy and taken care of and close enough where we see her regularly.

Nursing Home Reviews for Oakwood Residence

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About Oakwood Residence

Oakwood Residence in Northeast Philadelphia is the area’s affordable choice for Senior Living and Personal Care. Oakwood Residence offers gracious living accommodations for seniors that require assistance with their activities of daily living. The compassionate staff at Oakwood offers companionship and support to residents of the Oakwood Residence family. A full activity calendar and well balanced meals will ensure that each day is filled with meaning and comfort. Support services, medication and assistance are provided 24 hours a day by Oakwood Residence staff.

At Oakwood Residence you can be assured that you or your loved one will reside in a clean and comfortable community with all your daily chores tended to in a personalized manner.

Map of Oakwood Residence