The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Dresher, PA for 2023
Also serving communities of New Tripoli.
There are 112 Assisted Living Facilities in the Dresher area, with 3 in Dresher and 109 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Dresher is $3,867 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875. Cheaper nearby regions include Quakertown with an average starting cost of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 679 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Dresher. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Dresher 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Harleysville with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Dresher find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Dresher, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Dresher, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Dresher
Senior nature lovers have many opportunities to enjoy the outdoors in Dresher, with Aidenn Lair Park and Burn Brae Park in the neighborhood and Fort Washington State Park nearby. The community is home to just over 5,000 people, around 16% of whom are aged 65 and over.
Seniors in Dresher can find accommodation in one of the area's 108 assisted living facilities, which are formally known as Assisted Living Residences in Pennsylvania. In Dresher, and all of the state, they are licensed by the Department of Human Services' Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Dresher
- The Dresher area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Abington Hospital - Jefferson Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority provides public transportation to the Dresher area and riders aged 65 and over travel for free. SEPTA also has paratransit and shared-ride programs for people unable to use the regular service, which some seniors may wish to use.
- Dresher's overall crime rate is lower than 71% of other communities in America. The violent crime rate is 0.33 crimes per 1,000 residents, almost three points lower than the Pennsylvania rate. Property crime occurs at a rate of 8.58 crimes per 1,000 residents, significantly lower than the state rate of 16.49. Seniors may feel more comfortable in this safe community.
- Income from Social Security and retirement accounts are exempt from state income tax in Pennsylvania. Pensions are also exempt for people aged 59.5 or older. This may mean a lower tax bill for seniors in Dresher, allowing them to put more money towards assisted living.
- Dresher has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Montgomery County Office of Aging and Adult Services, an organization that assists older adults to age successfully, as well as more than one senior centers.
- Art and culture lovers in Dresher are close to the wide range of museums, galleries and theaters of Philadelphia and assisted living facilities may arrange group visits to the Philadelphia Museum of Art or the Merriam Theater. Closer to home, Alpern Art offers creative seniors the opportunity to take art classes and also hosts workshops and events.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Dresher
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Dresher start around $3,867 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Dresher and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Dresher
Financial assistance is available to eligible seniors in Dresher through the SSI benefits, which ensure seniors pay a fixed amount for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Dresher
Dresher and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Dresher, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Dresher
Dresher-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Dresher
Review of Sunrise of Dresher
Sunrise of Dresher was very nice. It had a nice greeting room and a large piano that the residents could play. They had a nice enclosed sunroom where you could meet with family members and be outsi... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Dresher
My tour at Sunrise of Dresher was useful. It was nice and clean. The staff was wonderful and they gave me a good tour. I think it was cost-effective so I'm on the right track. I wasn't able to try ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Dresher
My mom moved into Sunrise of Dresher. It's very clean, and very well staffed; that's important. They have plenty of activities, and it seems like it's an open and welcoming place. When she needs he... Read more