80 Assisted Living Facilities near Lafayette Hill, PA
Also serving communities of Plymouth Meeting.
There are 80 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lafayette Hill area, with 3 in Lafayette Hill and 77 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lafayette Hill is $4,189 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 389 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lafayette Hill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lafayette Hill 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Blue Bell with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lafayette Hill, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lafayette Hill, PA
77 Assisted Living Facilities near Lafayette Hill, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lafayette Hill
Named after a French General who played a key role in the Revolutionary War, Lafayette Hill is an unincorporated area in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. Most of Lafayette lies in Whitemarsh Township, which has just under 18,000 people,18.7 percent of whom are 65 or older.
To accommodate those in this demographic looking for assistance with the tasks of daily living, Lafayette Hill has three assisted living residences, with 76 more in nearby communities, such as Blue Bell and Abington. These facilities are overseen by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, as are assisted living residences (ALRs) throughout the commonwealth.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lafayette Hill
- The cost of living in Lafayette Hill is 140.3, much higher than both the state and national averages of 100, driven by housing costs that are double the national average. However, average transportation, utilities and other costs are also very high in Lafayette Hills. This may make it harder for seniors on a budget to afford monthly ALR fees.
- At 13.1, Lafayette Hills' violent crime rate is much lower than the U.S. average of 22.7. The unincorporated area has a property crime rate of 19.2, which is far lower than the national average of 35.4. Despite Lafayette Hills' great crime stats, seniors may want to ask what precautions are taken to ensure the safety and security of residents in ALRs they tour.
- With an average January low of 22 and average July high of 88, Lafayette Hills experiences hot and cold temperature extremes and four seasons. Seniors who enjoy the change of scenery can take day trips with family members to view autumn foliage and summer mountain greenery.
- Lafayette Hills' air quality of 56 is slightly below the national median of 58, according to the National Air Toxics Assessment used by the EPA. This may help ALR residents breath easier on typical days.
- Seniors in Lafayette Hills and the rest of Pennsylvania receive a tax exemption of Social Security income and retirement accounts. Seniors age 60 or older also get a tax exemption for pensions.
- Lafayette Hills has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Philadelphia, 40 minutes away.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lafayette Hill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Lafayette Hill start around $4,189 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lafayette Hill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lafayette Hill
Seniors in Lafayette Hill, as is the rest of Pennsylvania don't receive additional assistance for services provided by assisted living residences from a Medicaid State Plan or any related waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lafayette Hill
Lafayette Hill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lafayette Hill, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lafayette Hill
Lafayette Hill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lafayette Hill, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lafayette Hill
Review of Sunrise of Lafayette Hill
First impressions are lasting. Walking in to some of these assisted living facilities can be somewhat depressing. When I entered Sunrise in Lafayette Hill there was a flurry of activity and smile... Read more
Review of The Hill at Whitemarsh
The Hill has gone down hill big time! Years past this was a destination of choice. I just had to remove my mother from rehab at the Hill on 1/7/2018 due to the grossly lacking care she received.... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Lafayette Hill
I loved Sunrise of Lafayette Hill. The sales director was very informative and appeared to be committed to the residents and to the community. The place was clean and smelled like chocolate chip co... Read more