58 Assisted Living Facilities near Haverford, PA
Also serving communities of Bryn Mawr, Rosemont, Gladwyne.
There are 58 Assisted Living Facilities in the Haverford area, with 3 in Haverford and 55 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Haverford is $5,586 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 250 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Haverford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Haverford 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bala Cynwyd with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Haverford, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Haverford, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Haverford
The township of Haverford is located in Delaware County along the Delaware River in southeastern Pennsylvania. This community is home to over 49,000 people, with roughly 16 percent being older adults over the age of 65. The township has three assisted living facilities for seniors and their families to choose from, and those looking for more options will find another 52 communities in the surrounding region.
The official licensure terms for assisted living facilities in Haverford are "assisted living residences" or "personal care homes," depending on whether they are licensed to care for residents who need assistance with the activities of daily living. Assisted living residences, which provide care for seniors who need assistance with ADLs, are licensed through the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Haverford
- Summers in Haverford are hot, with July highs near 90 degrees Fahrenheit, and winters are chilly, with January lows in the mid-20s. The area receives just 16 inches of snow annually, making it suitable for seniors who enjoy being out and about even during the colder months.
- The air quality in Delaware County is subpar, receiving an F for ozone pollution and a B for short-term particle pollution from the American Lung Association. This may affect seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular conditions.
- The cost of living in Haverford is quite high, coming in roughly 94 percent higher than the nationwide average. Seniors can expect to spend about 15 percent more on healthcare and nearly 40 percent more on transportation here than they would elsewhere in the country.
- Haverford seniors are not taxed either on their Social Security benefits or income they draw from retirement accounts. Additionally, pension income is tax-exempt for seniors over the age of 60.
- Public transit in Haverford is provided courtesy of Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority. Seniors over the age of 65 can show their ID to ride all transit routes for free.
- The Haverford area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Havertown.
Paying for Assisted Living in Haverford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Haverford start around $3,791 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Haverford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Haverford
While low-income Haverford seniors cannot use Medicaid or any Medicaid waiver programs to pay for assisted living, those who qualify for Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit to pay for their room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Haverford
Haverford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Haverford, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Haverford
Haverford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Haverford, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Haverford
Review of The Quadrangle
The professional care staff lacked interpersonal skills and medical knowledge on how to care for our uncle who was there to recover from a fall. Read more
Review of Sunrise of Haverford
The person who showed me around Sunrise of Haverford was very knowledgeable, friendly, answered all my questions, and was very helpful. The place seemed very homey and social. Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Haverford Estates
Brandywine Living at Haverford Estates is the best kept secret. It is like a boutique facility. It is bright and cheery when you walk in and the staff is amazing. There are plenty of activiti... Read more