Sunrise of Newtown Square

Sunrise of Newtown Square (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Sunrise of Newtown Square

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Newtown Square

June 20, 2015

We placed my uncle in a community. He is at Sunrise of Newtown Square. The staff is attentive. The room is clean. We're very happy with it. They have bingo and church. They have different things. Security and safety management are fine too.

April 17, 2015

By Francy2

I liked Sunrise. It was very nice. The person who accommodated me was very friendly and open. The rooms were very well designed. They had activities each day, and they had trips for those patients that were willing to go. I tasted some of the snacks they had out. It was good and fresh. They were fresh fruits and pastries. It was very clean, more so than some of the others that I had seen. I liked the community and the living environment. In fact, we were going to choose it for my mom, but she wanted to stay at home.

May 20, 2014

Sunrise was very nice. The facility was excellent. People were very friendly and very thorough. The rooms were beautiful, and the dining area was excellent. If I had the money, I would go there.

October 16, 2013

By Al8

My friend has stayed at Sunrise Senior Living for a month. That was excellent. I've eaten there a few times and the food was very good. The overall pleasantness of the staff, the building itself, and the rooms were pretty upscale.

January 20, 2012

By JanetMc

My grandmother is currently a resident of Sunrise Assisted Living in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, and we could not be happier with the care she receives there. My grandfather was also a resident before he passed away last year. Prior to his death, he suffered from dementia and was extremely mentally and physically ill. It was a difficult experience for my entire family and we would not have gotten through it without the wonderful staff at Sunrise, who became like family to us. They are so kind and patient, and each one of them has taken a personal interest in my grandparents. When my grandfather passed, many of his caretakers from Sunrise attended the funeral, which exemplifies their dedication and love for their patients. As far as the facilities go, my grandmother's room is very comfortable and extremely clean. The dining room looks like an upscale restaurant and the entire place is decorated very nicely, especially for the holidays! Since my grandmother cannot leave the facility, Sunrise always accommodates our large family for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We are so grateful for the care that my grandmother receives at Sunrise. The beautiful facility and amazing staff help put both the residents and their families at ease. It's a wonderful place!

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Newtown Square

Questions about Sunrise of Newtown Square

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Sunrise of Newtown Square. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Residents at Newtown Square range from late 60's to 100 years old with a current average age of 83. Residents enjoy vibrant activities through our Live with Purpose Program which is designed to support physical, mental, and spiritual wellness.

What programs or activities does Sunrise of Newtown Square offer to enrich residents' well-being?

There are 8 focus areas of activities: exercise, excursions, art, music, education, intergenerational mentoring, community service, and spirituality.

What places are near Sunrise of Newtown Square or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

none

What transportation services does Sunrise of Newtown Square offer to assisted living residents?

There are weekly resident outings that transportation is provided for.

What makes the chef or dining program at Sunrise of Newtown Square exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

All meals are prepared in house by our team using fresh seasonal ingredients based on resident's nutritional needs. Residents are also invited to give input on the menu and make requests.

What safety features or security measures does Sunrise of Newtown Square offer to assisted living residents?

Our personal care residents are provided pendants that they can use to receive care or attention when they need it.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Sunrise of Newtown Square during daytime and nighttime hours?

The community is not staffed per a ratio, it is staffed per resident needs, which means there is generally more staff versus our competitors

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Is Sunrise of Newtown Square affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Sunrise of Newtown Square

• Pets: All Pets

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Sunrise of Newtown Square

For more than 35 years, Sunrise Senior Living has been committed to providing seniors the best possible support, rooted in the latest research, and theories of aging. We take a holistic approach to senior care, where everything we do has our residents' specific wants and needs at its core. From support and peace of mind to personalized programming, we focus on your individual wellness and well-being so you can live life exactly how you please.

At Sunrise of Newtown Square, championing quality of life for all seniors is our mission and is the responsibility of every Sunrise team member. Based on residents surveys, consumer insights, and industry metrics, national programs have recognized Sunrise's efforts and our commitment to quality care. Sunrise communities have earned more than 280 National Quality Awards - more than any other assisted living provider.

Map of Sunrise of Newtown Square