56 Assisted Living Facilities near Paoli, PA
Also serving communities of Malvern.
There are 56 Assisted Living Facilities in the Paoli area, with 2 in Paoli and 54 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Paoli is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Newtown Square with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 374 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paoli. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paoli 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Newtown Square with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paoli, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Paoli, PA
54 Assisted Living Facilities near Paoli, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paoli
Paoli is a town located in Chester County, Pennsylvania, not far from Philadelphia. The town is famous for its role in the American Revolutionary War when it was the site of the Battle of Paoli. The town is home to an estimated 5,575 people, and seniors make up nearly one-quarter of the population. Within Paoli town limits, there are two assisted living facilities, and another 52 are located in the surrounding area.
Pennsylvania’s Department of Human Services licenses these facilities as assisted living residences or personal care homes in Paoli and throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paoli
- In 2018, Kiplinger ranked Pennsylvania as one of the 10 most tax-friendly states for retirees. Most retirement income, including withdrawals from 401(k) plans, is exempt from state tax, allowing seniors to keep more of their money.
- Paoli’s cost of living is 29.5% higher than the nationwide average. The biggest factor influencing Paoli’s high cost of living is housing, which is a whopping 75.4% more expensive than the U.S. norm. Seniors in this town also pay more for other necessities, such as healthcare and transportation.
- Every year, Paoli receives an average of 203 sunny days and 120 days of precipitation. The town receives less snow than the national average, which may appeal to seniors who dislike winter weather. However, the tradeoff is that the town receives an above average amount of rain per year.
- Seniors can use the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority’s (SERTA) Regional Rail Service to travel to Philadelphia and other nearby communities. All SERTA routes within the state are free for seniors, though they need to apply for a senior ID card first.
- The Paoli area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Paoli Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who are interested in Paoli’s revolutionary history can visit the Museum of the American Revolution in nearby Philadelphia. Other nearby attractions include the Wharton Esherick Museum and the Waynesborough Historic House.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paoli
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Paoli start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paoli and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paoli
While the state of Pennsylvania does not pay for assisted living services through its Medicaid plan, Paoli seniors may have access to other sources of funding. Low-income seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) may be eligible for Pennsylvania’s optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paoli
Paoli and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paoli, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paoli
Paoli-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paoli
Review of Highgate at Paoli Pointe
Not enough nursing staff on the second and third shift. The most deplorable is the facility is not locked!!!!! The terrace level is free for anyone to walk in! It's not safe for residents or staff!!! Read more
Review of Highgate at Paoli Pointe
Highgate at Paoli Pointe is a typical nursing home. It's satisfactory, clean, and the price is right. I have a friend who is a resident there, and the management is pretty good. The food is good an... Read more
Review of Daylesford Crossing
Daylesford Crossing seemed new and clean. The rooms were nice. They had an activity room and a library. The dining area was very nice and looked like a restaurant. I did not have a meal, but they s... Read more