30 Assisted Living Facilities near Phoenixville, PA
Also serving communities of Audubon.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Phoenixville area, with 5 in Phoenixville and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Phoenixville is $3,880 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 181 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Phoenixville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Phoenixville 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include East Norriton with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Phoenixville find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Phoenixville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Phoenixville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Phoenixville
Phoenixville has a long history that stretches back to 1732, when early settlers first called this beautiful region home. Today, the borough has a population of nearly 17,000, roughly 15 percent of which is over the age of 60. In spite of its relatively small senior population, the borough offers four assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from. Those who are willing to look a little farther out will find an additional 21 facilities in nearby cities.
Pennsylvania assisted living facilities are classified by the level of care they provide. Assisted living residences, which provide supplemental health services in addition to assisted living services, are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing. Personal care homes for seniors who do not require supplemental health services are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Phoenixville
- Seniors living in Phoenixville do not have to pay taxes on retirement income, including their Social Security benefits or pension income. This may make it easier to afford the cost of assisted living.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Phoenixville's overall cost of living is nearly 10 percent higher than the U.S. average. Seniors can expect to pay about 9 percent more for groceries, 4 percent more for health care services, 6 percent more for transportation and 9 percent more for miscellaneous goods and services.
- Phoenixville's summer and winter temperatures are on par with national averages; however, because of the high levels of humidity in this region, the city scores 11 points lower than the average U.S. city on Sperling's Comfort Index. This may be a concern for seniors who have health issues which are made worse by humidity.
- With property crime rates and violent crime rates that are significantly below state and national averages, Phoenixville is a safe city for seniors. The city continues to become safer as the number of total yearly crimes has been dropping by 33 percent.
- The Phoenixville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Phoenixville Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Phoenixville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Adult Activity Center of the Phoenixville Area, an organization that provides health and wellness programs, socialization programs, information services and educational workshops for seniors, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Phoenixville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Phoenixville start around $3,880 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Phoenixville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Phoenixville
Currently, Pennsylvania does not cover services in assisted living facilities through either Medicaid or Medicaid waivers. However, the state does add money to the federal Supplemental Security Income benefit, and eligible seniors may use these funds toward the cost of their care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Phoenixville
Phoenixville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Phoenixville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Phoenixville
Phoenixville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Phoenixville
Review of Woodbridge Place
We liked Woodbridge Place a lot. Everybody was very friendly and caring. The facility was very nice. The apartments were home-like. It didn't feel like you were sitting in a room. We looked at the ... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Upper Providence
Brandywine Living at Upper Providence was very nice and beautiful inside. It's just a little stuffier. When you walk in, it reminds you of a hotel lobby in New York, and my mother wasn't that high ... Read more
Review of Woodbridge Place
My mother-in-law is in Woodbridge Place. There's always people available and they're treating her very well. There's a wide variety of activities and there's something to do every day. They're not ... Read more