Amity Place

Reviews of Amity Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Amity Place

November 14, 2014

By john2139

My mother moved to Hearthstone in September after we toured several other facilities. I was immediately impressed with the warm welcome we received from Tori who went out of her way to accomodate our needs. The building itself is beautiful, all on one floor, with bright windows and a large multipurpose room. They have a lot of activities for the residents and keep them very involved. Everyone there is exceptional from the receptionist, to the nurses and aides, the activity directors, chef and cleaning ladies. After touring several other facilities, I am so happy we found this GEM for mom! They are truly caring and obviously love their jobs, couldn't ask for a better place.

Thank you for taking the time to review our community! Hearthstone was built on the premise to provide the highest comfort and support for both the resident and their families. Nothing makes us happier than to hear from our residents and their loved ones and see them happy and healthy. With much appreciation, The Hearthstone Staff.

July 06, 2014

Hearthstone at Amity was a new community that was probably built five years ago, and it was all on one floor. When I went into it, it was very nice, but they had a few drawbacks. The rooms were nice. My mother-in-law had a private room there, which was adequate, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the way they do the refrigerators. They had dark refrigerators. The other thing was they turned staff a lot. They don't keep the people, and I don't know the reason why, but I thought that some of the people they got rid of should be there and some of the people that were there should go. They consider themselves only assisted living, and they do have the steps 1 to 5 or something, but the levels of those steps that they give is not much care. They had gotten a new head nurse, and then she went above the owner and said that I couldn't have those things that I had already been paying for a whole year before she came. There were a lot of discrepancies. When I first walked into it, I loved it. I don't think the staff was as good as they should be, because the nurses or the nursing staff was, most of the time, in the nursing station instead out on the floor with the people. I think that they should be out more, walking around the people than they were socializing, so that was one of my drawbacks for that place. The food was excellent. I've tasted some of their stuff, and what I've had was good; it was good food. The dining room was very nice. I just knew some of the people who lived there, and I feel that some of the men would like to have more for dinner sometimes than what they get, and some of them are able to ask for whatever, but they are hungry yet, because they complain that they don't get enough to eat. I think that they should come around and ask them if they are still hungry or whatever, but they don't do that. They have basically the normal activities. They do Bingo, outside entertainment comes in, and they have an activities director who is in there, and she does activities and different things. They are allowed to sit and put puzzles together. They have a little area where you can sit in the back that is enclosed, they have a front porch that, if you don't walk off, you can go out there and sit too. But they don't have people that sit out there with you to keep an eye on you. And, they were off of a major highway, so that is not too good because I know one of the ladies walked off and walked out on the major highway. So they should have somebody going out there and sitting with the people when they are outside. I feel that they were understaffed. If your family member doesn?t have dementia or can do things by themselves, that place would be OK. But if they need a little more assistance, I don't think so, because my mother-in-law fell twice there within one week; it wasn't even one week.

February 24, 2014

By Deborah27

My mom has been living in Hearthstone for a year. It is affordable, clean and has no odors. She has a private room with a bathroom and bedroom with a sink. They have a common room where they can relax and watch TV. She is involved in activities like Bingo and Scrabble. She went to the theatre last Christmas. The care is excellent and they treat her very well. She is very happy there.

June 22, 2013

By Deborah11

I chose Hearthstone because it was the nicest facility I've visited for my mom. The facility is clean. It doesn't have any odors. The staff are very good and very caring. She seems not to complain about the food. My mom is very happy being there.

Costs for Amity Place

• Features Extra: 55

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Unkown

• Range Of Services Extra: Wellness Program.

Types of care

• Credit Card
  • Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Unkown

About Amity Place

Amity Place is a pet friendly senior living community in Douglasville, PA, where our staff provides high quality support in aiding our residents in their daily routine. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Our community strives to maintain each resident's independence by offering engaging activities, such as Pokeno, arts & crafts, Wii Bowling, church services, bible study and movies to provide interaction in a lively atmosphere. We are proud of the comforts and amenities that make our community unique. When not participating in an activity, enjoy a thought provoking conversation with friends by the fireside or outside on the gazebo. Once here, you will see the quality touches that make our community feel like home. Schedule a visit to explore our Douglasville senior living community's services for yourself today.

Amity Place was founded on a simple premise; to give seniors an extraordinary value in retirement living serving Berks and Montgomery County, Pa. Designed and constructed to the highest comfort and safety standards, our Personal Care Communities provide the convenience and freedom you deserve.

Map of Amity Place