Amity Place

Amity Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Amity Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Amity Place

July 06, 2014

Hearthstone at Amity was a new community that was probably built five years ago, and it was all on one floor. When I went into it, it was very nice, but they had a few drawbacks. The rooms were nice. My mother-in-law had a private room there, which was adequate, and the only thing I didn't like about it was the way they do the refrigerators. They had dark refrigerators. The other thing was they turned staff a lot. They don't keep the people, and I don't know the reason why, but I thought that some of the people they got rid of should be there and some of the people that were there should go. They consider themselves only assisted living, and they do have the steps 1 to 5 or something, but the levels of those steps that they give is not much care. They had gotten a new head nurse, and then she went above the owner and said that I couldn't have those things that I had already been paying for a whole year before she came. There were a lot of discrepancies. When I first walked into it, I loved it. I don't think the staff was as good as they should be, because the nurses or the nursing staff was, most of the time, in the nursing station instead out on the floor with the people. I think that they should be out more, walking around the people than they were socializing, so that was one of my drawbacks for that place. The food was excellent. I've tasted some of their stuff, and what I've had was good; it was good food. The dining room was very nice. I just knew some of the people who lived there, and I feel that some of the men would like to have more for dinner sometimes than what they get, and some of them are able to ask for whatever, but they are hungry yet, because they complain that they don't get enough to eat. I think that they should come around and ask them if they are still hungry or whatever, but they don't do that. They have basically the normal activities. They do Bingo, outside entertainment comes in, and they have an activities director who is in there, and she does activities and different things. They are allowed to sit and put puzzles together. They have a little area where you can sit in the back that is enclosed, they have a front porch that, if you don't walk off, you can go out there and sit too. But they don't have people that sit out there with you to keep an eye on you. And, they were off of a major highway, so that is not too good because I know one of the ladies walked off and walked out on the major highway. So they should have somebody going out there and sitting with the people when they are outside. I feel that they were understaffed. If your family member doesn?t have dementia or can do things by themselves, that place would be OK. But if they need a little more assistance, I don't think so, because my mother-in-law fell twice there within one week; it wasn't even one week.

February 24, 2014

By Deborah27

My mom has been living in Hearthstone for a year. It is affordable, clean and has no odors. She has a private room with a bathroom and bedroom with a sink. They have a common room where they can relax and watch TV. She is involved in activities like Bingo and Scrabble. She went to the theatre last Christmas. The care is excellent and they treat her very well. She is very happy there.

June 22, 2013

By Deborah11

I chose Hearthstone because it was the nicest facility I've visited for my mom. The facility is clean. It doesn't have any odors. The staff are very good and very caring. She seems not to complain about the food. My mom is very happy being there.

Costs for Amity Place

• Features Extra: 55

• Home Sale Assistance
  • Financial Aid
  • Financial Guidance Extra: Unkown

• Range Of Services Extra: Wellness Program.

Types of care

• Check
  • Payment Options Extra: Unkown

About Amity Place

Welcome to Hearthstone At Amity

Hearthstone at Amity is much more than just a personal care community located near Pottstown, Pa. Our state of the art facility and dedicated staff are here for just one reason, to provide our residents the most comfortable and enjoyable lifestyle possible. Conveniently located between Pottstown and Exeter Township, our senior community has easy access to rt 422 and Montgomery County. Set back with nature surrounding the building, you have a terrific combination of a town and country atmosphere. Shopping and restaurants are right across the street!

Whether you’re looking to simplify your life, eliminate the daily hassles of home ownership, or just need a little help with day-to-day activities, Hearthstone is the perfect solution for you. Locally owned and operated means one very important and unique feature: Direct access to the owners and their personalized service! You will feel this difference when you walk through our doors. Our community has a terrific balance of independence, companionship and privacy. Please view our accommodation pages for a detailed description of the Greth Home Custom built one floor layout.

Services And Amenities

• Choice of suite with a beautiful view including utilities
  • Daily assistance bathing, grooming, and dressing
  • Medication management including pharmacy services
  • 24 hour trained and dedicated care staff
  • Emergency call system with optional personal pendant which directly alerts staff
  • Three delicious and nutritious meals (will accommodate for certain special diets)
  • Housekeeping including linens and daily towel service
  • State of the art Central Exhaust System for entire community
  • Free transportation to medical appointments if needed
  • Full calendar of activities, events, shopping and trips
  • Beauty Salon
  • Laundry facilities
  • One story living
  • Pet friendly
  • Onsite Gerontologist visits
  • Onsite Therapy Services
  • Podiatry and Audiology Services
  • Portable x ray and testing services
  • Large outdoor areas including gazebo and courtyard
  • Enhanced security systems both inside and outside of community
  • All staff have successfully passed a criminal background check and drug screening

When you can no longer stay in your own home…"We welcome you to ours!" Please give us a call to schedule a free tour.

Map of Amity Place