15 Assisted Living Facilities near Honey Brook, PA
Also serving communities of Narvon, Morgantown.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Honey Brook area, with 3 in Honey Brook and 12 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 40 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Honey Brook. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Honey Brook 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coatesville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Honey Brook, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Honey Brook, PA
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Honey Brook, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Honey Brook
In 1682, Pennsylvania’s second county Chester was formed for Welsh-speaking settlers. Honey Brook and other places in the county exhibit the influence of its early residents. Today, over 1,700 people call this town home, and 10% of them are aged 65 and over. To accommodate those that find they need assistance with daily tasks, such as grooming and hygiene, three assisted living facilities are in Honey Brook with 12 more in Reading and other nearby communities.
In Honey Brook and the rest of PA, the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing governs assisted living residences (ALRs), as assisted living facilities are known in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Honey Brook
- As part of the greater Philadelphia area, Honey Brook has a relatively high cost of living at 111. This is 11 points higher than state and national averages of 100. Seniors may find they pay more for housing, groceries and healthcare here than in other towns in Pennsylvania.
- Honey Brook has July highs around 85 degrees and January lows near 21 degrees. It receives nine more inches of rain than the U.S. annual average of 38. However, it matches the national average of 28 inches of snow per year. Seniors accustomed to plenty of rain and snow may feel at home here.
- Air quality in Honey Brook is 65, seven points higher than the national average, based on measures of hazardous air pollutants known as the National Air Toxics Assessment. Seniors with COPD and asthma may find the better air quality a welcome relief.
- Seniors and their families may be happy to read that Honey Brook's violent and property crime is a fraction of the national averages. The town's violent crime rate is 10.7, less than half the U.S. average, while its property crime of 19.4 is 16 points lower than the national figure.
- Honey Brook has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Coatesville.
- Honey Brook seniors, as well as those throughout the state, enjoy a somewhat tax-friendly status, as retirement income is exempt from taxes . This includes IRAs, Social Security or 401(k)s.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Honey Brook
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Honey Brook start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Honey Brook and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Honey Brook
In Pennsylvania, including Honey Brook, aging citizens already on SSI may be eligible for help paying assisted living costs. According to PA Code 2800.27, seniors cannot be charged more than their monthly income for such services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Honey Brook
Honey Brook and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Honey Brook, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Honey Brook
Honey Brook-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Honey Brook, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Honey Brook
Review of Tel Hai
I was very impressed with Tel Hai Retirement Community. I have friends there who are very happy. I was very impressed with the staff. Dinner was home-style cooking with not a lot of sauces and seas... Read more
Review of Tel Hai
My mother has already been placed in Tel Hai. It's excellent. The rooms are very nice. So far, so good. The dining room is alright, and the food is very good. They go on trips, they have groups tha... Read more
Review of Heatherwood Retirement Community
Heatherwood Retirement Community is a very small facility, and it is a very nice place. They have cottages, and they have a little garden. It is very country-like. The working ethics of the staff i... Read more