33 Assisted Living Facilities near Douglassville, PA
Also serving communities of Birdsboro.
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Douglassville area, with 2 in Douglassville and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Douglassville is $4,120 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420. Cheaper nearby regions include Boyertown with an average starting cost of $3,760.
To help you with your search, browse the 136 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Douglassville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Douglassville 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pottstown with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Douglassville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Douglassville, PA
31 Assisted Living Facilities near Douglassville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Douglassville
Douglassville is a small, unincorporated community in the western reaches of Montgomery County. Over 829,000 people live in Montgomery County, approximately 17% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. Seniors in and around the Douglassville area can find safe and comfortable senior living at the county's 14 assisted living facilities. These properties, like all residential care communities in the state, are inspected and licensed by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Douglassville
- The weather in Douglassville is highly seasonal, with warm summers and cold winters. August high temperatures in Douglassville average 85 degrees, while December lows dip to just 22 degrees overnight. Montgomery County gets over 47 inches of rain in a typical year, mainly in spring and fall. Seniors with asthma or COPD may have difficulty with the high pollen count from Douglassville's surrounding green spaces during these seasons.
- The cost of living in Douglassville is close to the national average in most categories. Overall, costs in Douglassville hover around 1% less than the national median, though seniors may pay up to 18% more for healthcare than the average nationwide.
- Crime rates in Douglassville are 30% higher than the national average across all reported crime categories. Much of the elevated crime rate is property crime, though violent crimes remain closer to the national rate, so seniors in Douglassville may not face a higher risk of violent crime.
- Public transportation in Douglassville is provided by the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit Authority. All of the vehicles on PART's regularly scheduled routes are ADA-compliant and drivers are able to assist riders with limited mobility onto and off the bus. Seniors ride PART routes for free with a valid transit ID or Medicare card presented at boarding.
- The Douglassville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Reading Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Douglassville has an array of community resources for seniors, including the TriCounty Active Adult Center, an organization that helps seniors over 50 understand their care options, enjoy social outings together and find needed services in the community for independent living, as well as over half a dozen senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Douglassville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Douglassville start around $4,120 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Douglassville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Douglassville
Seniors in Douglassville who receive a monthly payment from the federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program may be able to find assisted living at a discounted rate. State law limits the monthly cost assisted living communities can charge seniors on SSI.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Douglassville
Douglassville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Douglassville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Douglassville
Douglassville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Douglassville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Douglassville
Review of Keystone Villa at Douglassville
My parents are in Keystone Villa. It is a very nice establishment and a very caring community. My mother has memory issues and my father is on hospice. Their room is kept clean. The staff seems con... Read more
Review of Amity Place
I called to get some over the phone information. I assume it was the receptionist with whom I spoke to, she became frustrated when I would not divulge more information stated "goodbye" and hung up... Read more
Review of Keystone Villa at Douglassville
Keystone Villa at Douglassville was very nice, but it was too large. They have a lot of activities like van trips, crafts, and mental activities. It was clean, didnt smell, and had a very nice fee... Read more