21 Assisted Living Facilities near Pottstown, PA
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pottstown area, with 2 in Pottstown and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pottstown is $4,030 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Boyertown with an average starting cost of $3,999.
To help you with your search, browse the 116 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pottstown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pottstown 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boyertown with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pottstown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pottstown, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pottstown
Pottstown, Pennsylvania, is situated alongside the Schuylkill River approximately 40 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Pottstown's 13.1 percent senior population is served by two assisted living facilities directly within the city and an additional 25 facilities nearby.
Throughout Pottstown and the rest of the state of Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are known as Personal Care Homes (PCHs) and are licensed and monitored by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. PCHs in Pottstown are designated by the state as residences that provide shelter, meals, supervision and assistance with personal care tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pottstown
- The climate in Pottstown is distinguished by mild to cool winters that average 30 degrees Fahrenheit and hot and humid summers that average 75 degrees. The city gets 10 fewer inches of snow than the annual national average snowfall, so seniors who are looking for a temperate climate with all four seasons might consider Pottstown.
- The Pottstown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tower Health Pottstown Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The state of Pennsylvania is considered retirement tax-friendly because it doesn't tax social security income. Cities such as Pottstown offer seniors the opportunity to enjoy tax cuts and save money.
- Pottstown has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Tri-County Active Adult Center, an organization that offers a variety of programs that address issues such as health and wellness, adult education and socialization.
- More than 99 percent of cities and towns within Pennsylvania have a lower crime rate than in Pottstown, and seniors have a 1 in 21 chance of becoming a victim of violent or property crime in the area. Because of the high crime rates in Pottstown, it might be unsafe for seniors to travel alone after dark or to carry valuables with them.
- In Pottstown, public transportation is offered by the Pottstown Area Rapid Transit (PART) system. Seniors qualify for free public transit with a valid Transit I.D. or Medicare Card. The nearest major airport is located in Allentown (Lehigh Valley International Airport), approximately 44 miles from Pottstown.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pottstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Pottstown start around $4,030 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pottstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pottstown
Because the state of Pennsylvania does not offer any specific resources for financial assistance for assisted living (PCH), the state's official website offers suggestions for paying for long-term care in Pottstown, including enrolling in long-term insurance or paying through private savings.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pottstown
Pottstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pottstown, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pottstown
Pottstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Pottstown, PA
Other Options in Pottstown, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pottstown
Review of Manatawny Manor
It seemed like a caring place with plenty of activities. The staff was very nice. We toured the entire facility and saw more than one room. Read more
Review of Manatawny Manor
It seemed very nice. Actually, I liked that one better than the other place we visited. They did show us the rooms, and it was very clean. I didn’t deal with too many of the staff people. They all ... Read more