29 Assisted Living Facilities near Pennsburg, PA
There are 29 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pennsburg area, with 2 in Pennsburg and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pennsburg is $1,500 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 190 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pennsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pennsburg 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boyertown with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pennsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Pennsburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pennsburg
Pennsburg is a very small borough in Pennsylvania, which covers less than one square mile of space. However, there are almost 4,000 residents within this area, some of which are seniors aged 65 years or older living in the borough's two assisted living facilities.
Assisted living facilities in Pennsylvania are classified as either adult care homes or assisted living residences, depending on what services and care the staff provides. The Department of Public Welfare oversees adult care homes, and the Department of Aging covers assisted living residences.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pennsburg
- Pennsburg and the rest of Montgomery County gets an F rating for its ozone levels from the American Lung Association. This could make it more difficult for seniors with breathing issues to stay comfortable.
- Most forms of retirement income, including IRAs, Social Security, pensions and 401(k)s are not taxed in the state of Pennsylvania. Sales tax rates are also low compared to the rest of the country, which makes the Pennsburg area a good choice for retirees concerned about living on a fixed income.
- Pennsburg has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Sellersville.
- Pennsburg has an array of community resources for seniors, including the The Open Link, an organization that helps connect residents with beneficial services and supports community outreach, as well as one senior center.
- The Pennsburg area has a cost of living that's just a bit (2 percent) above the national and state averages. Healthcare and housing come in 1 and 4 percent above the state average, respectively, but utilities are 2 percent lower. This means that seniors won't have to worry about a high cost of living taking more money out of their budgets.
- Overall crime rates in the Pennsburg area are 67 percent lower than the U.S. average, and this borough is safer than a full 74 percent of cities across the country. The low crime may help seniors feel safer in assisted living facilities.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pennsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Pennsburg start around $1,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pennsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pennsburg
For those in Pennsburg who need help paying for assisted living care, Supplemental Social Security Income may be an option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pennsburg
Pennsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pennsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pennsburg
Pennsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pennsburg
Review of Penn Assisted Care
The staff are kind and patient and I have been very impressed so far. The building is kept very clean. I’ve read some reviews and feel they are unfair. The place is not fancy but the price is very ... Read more
Review of Penn Assisted Care
Penn Assisted Care is not the fanciest place. It has a lot of psychiatric patients. My brother-in-law does not like the food because it's very redundant to him. I think he's having a hard time adju... Read more
Review of Penn Assisted Care
Penn Assisted Care's staff was very good and friendly, but I wasnt crazy about the facility. It just looked old and outdated. It was more of like a frat house kind of atmosphere than an assisted l... Read more