Atria Bethlehem

Reviews of Atria Bethlehem

Assisted Living Reviews for Atria Bethlehem

October 06, 2021

By Ann

Atria Bethlehem is fantastic. I would live there myself. When we drove up, I noticed that the residents were milling around outside in their little walkers and visiting with each other. The place was immaculate. We got to see them during their lunch hour and saw their interaction with all the caregivers. The place was positively beautiful. The woman that gave us our interview was wonderful. I can't say anything bad about the place. I wish my husband would have been up to being able to have that sort of surroundings, but unfortunately, he needs to have skilled nursing. They were excellent. I saw the people in the lunchroom, and everything looked good. They were enjoying each other, the food and the help, so I was very impressed with that place. I was more impressed than I thought I could be. They had everything you could possibly need there. The staff was lovely enough to give you a nice binder with all the information in, and they were totally outgoing and very nice.

August 22, 2021

By Kelly

Atria Bethlehem is very beautiful, just a little too fancy and too high end. I didn't feel like it had a hominess to it. It was more like a hotel. They've got friendly staff, but it's not what we were looking for. We were just looking at the basic level assisted living. They're for a little more active senior. They had a movie theater and things like that. That's just not at all what we needed. The dining area was like a high-end restaurant. The rooms looked like fancy lofts. It was very beautiful. The staff was rattling off all kinds of activities, but I wasn't listening to them all. I'd already kind of decided this wasn't really my grandmother's personality. I was there later in the day, so there wasn't a whole lot. People kind of walking around. I don't know what was specifically going on, but I'm sure there was plenty to do. They had all kinds of reading rooms and things for them. It was very park-like outside. Even when you pulled up, it looked like some kind of resort. The staff was sweet and really nice. The facilities were great. They didn't meet the level of care we needed. For someone who needs less assistance, they're probably really good. For us, it was just too much to get lost.

Kelly, We value your feedback. Thank you for sharing your family's experience.

August 20, 2021

By Frank

We went to Atria Bethlehem. It was a fine facility. The only issue I had was that it was two levels, and my mother would have to use the elevator, and I just thought that would add complications to her. Other than that, everything else seemed perfect. The rooms seemed nice, up to date, and comfortable. The staff was fine. They had a library, a meeting room, and I think they had trips for people who were capable of it. Everything was clean, any part of it that we walked through was excellent.

August 10, 2021

By David

Our experience visiting Atria Bethlehem was really good. They're a personal care facility. They had a lot of activities going on. They showed us the calendar and it looks like it's a lively place. There are lots of things to do, see and go. They provide busses and transportation to the doctors, shopping, and activities. I just met the salesperson and one or two staff members, as we went by. The salesperson was very knowledgeable and good. The facility looks clean as a whistle.

June 21, 2021

By Stephen

My dad is currently in assisted living at Atria Bethlehem. It's an outstanding community, I have nothing but praise for it. The staff is professional, courteous, and very responsive. The facilities are excellent. They have good amenities. They have a good dining facility. They really care for the residents. They have an activity room, a movie room, and a country store. They used to have visits to external shopping and to churches. They provide transportation for doctor or medical visit. There is laundry onsite. The rooms are very clean, well-kept, and well appointed. They excelled with their COVID response. They are one of the only ones that I know of in Pennsylvania that has vaccinated every resident and now allows visitation again.

June 03, 2021

By D.S.

Atria Bethlehem is a beautiful place, but I'm concerned about the price. My mother-in-law can only read a few words at a time so she needs help with her medicine, and that's an extra charge of several hundred dollars a month. For bathing, she could bathe herself, but it's best if somebody's with her. She walks with a cane, and that's another extra. So those two together are $900 extra a month, and I just thought that was a ridiculous charge. They also told me that on May 1, the prices might go up. The place itself is beautiful though, everything was nice. I especially liked the bedroom, because they have a little a half piece of a wall between the bedroom and the living room, which I thought was a really great idea for an apartment. When we were walking down the hall, someone stopped us and told us she liked it there. Noreen accommodated us and was great, she helped me a lot. In fact, we were trying to get some VA benefits, and she provided us the paperwork and the contact person. She also said that by May 1, all of the employees have to be vaccinated. I looked around and I didn't see any dirt. It's just a shame that with the virus, the dining room was not open.

February 06, 2019

By Marlon0128

My dad has been in Atria Bethlehem for about a month now. The general appearance is very nice. The small apartment that he is in is very nice and very well kept. However, we had a couple of incidents where they weren't clear about what was going on. There was some communication issue. There was one incident where I was trying to find out what what happened with the doctor coming there, and they told me that doctor came and that my dad was doing well, but the doctor never came. They were telling me things to make me go away that I didn’t really appreciate. They do have tons of activities, but unfortunately, my dad is not the most sociable person. They have bus trips everywhere to different stores, casinos, and mall. Lots of times that I have been over there, there are guys that are playing piano. It is almost every day that they have something. Every day they have multiple activities scheduled.

Marlon, Thank you for bringing your family's experience to our attention, and thank you for choosing Atria Bethlehem. We have shared your feedback with our team, and if you have any future concerns, please feel free to contact me at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

April 30, 2018

By Colleen

My father is at Atria Bethlehem, and it's been good. It's clean, the staff is really caring, and really dedicated to their residents. The food is decent. They had a high turnover rate over the last year, but things have settled down now that they have a new culinary director. They're working really hard to make sure the residents are happy with the menu. They take them on outings, on scenic drives, they go shopping, they have exercise programs, and they have arts and crafts.

April 18, 2017

By Francis122003

Atria Bethlehem was nice, clean, and OK. The rooms were spacious and nice. The dining area was very nice and clean.

September 09, 2016

I liked Atria Bethlehem. It was very clean, and people were very friendly. They interacted with the residents, and that was something we really enjoyed. There was a salon and a work area, I believe.

September 02, 2016

By Dave766312

Atria Bethlehem was top-notch, but it was too expensive for us. We ate there, and the food was good. It was served at our table with linens and everything. We couldn't find anything wrong with the place except that it was too expensive. We liked the architecture, the staff was really good, and there were a lot of things to do. They had a game room, woodshop, library, and billiards table. It was a pretty nice place. It was about six grand a month.

May 10, 2016

By AnonymousRLKUH

Atria is very nice. The rooms were nice. It’s like a studio apartment. The problem was the cost. The cost was quite a bit more than where we have my uncle, it’s $1000 a month more. It’s a very high end type place. I only met one person who took me on a tour, she was really nice. I know they have activities too.

March 15, 2016

By Caring Daughter121993550

We saw Atria Bethlehem and had lunch there. It couldn’t have been nicer. We were given the full tour and talked with them. My mother really didn’t want to go to Bethlehem because it’s far away from where she lives. The dining room was elegant. We saw a lot of people around involved in activities, so I felt that there were a lot of activities that my mother could join. Most of the people were using walkers, and my mother is more independent than that. She loved it. The food was delicious, and the people were very nice, but she’s not ready for assisted living at this point. The staff was so warm and welcoming. Everyone talked and had conversations with us, and they were impressed with my mom. They made her feel good and really welcome.

July 28, 2015

We chose Atria because of the location and price. It is like a glorified hotel, it is very nice, and the staff is very friendly. They made it seem like it would be my mom's home, not just a place to go to. It is very homey. They have tons of activities -- shopping, Bingo, crafts, therapy dogs, musicians coming in, and happy hours. They offer a lot.

April 02, 2015

By Richard83977250

Atria is a little bit tight or confined. It has a small apartment with a bedroom of 360 sq ft, and I did not feel comfortable there. It seemed older.

March 24, 2015

We went to Atria, and we enjoyed this one too. The main reason why we chose the other place is because we live less than a mile away so we could be over there every single day. This one was a little farther, and their apartments were a bit smaller. The staff was nice. It was a nice facility, and it was also a place that he could have his dog, so he liked that. There were nice, safe grounds off of a main road if you need to get outside and walk around.

March 07, 2015

By Debra15

I did visit Atria, and it is very expensive. It looked nice, but it was very expensive. I did check the rooms, and they were fairly nice. I don't think they have a pool, but they have various activities.

February 19, 2015

By Kathy102281650

Atria in Bethlehem was very pretty and seemed like a very nice facility. It was very clean. It looked like the food was very good and they had different food selections. The staff seemed nice. They had somebody painting nails there, and they seemed to have activities for the people. The rooms were very nice, but the bedrooms were very small and would not fit a king size bed. It was out by itself; it wasn't really in a neighborhood. It was more on like a farm area, but it was in the middle of nowhere, and it was quiet. I would highly recommend the place.

December 22, 2014

The rooms at Atria Bethlehem were small. I felt the place smelled like a nursing home, and that was not OK. The dining area was OK. The staff seemed friendly and helpful. Regarding sanitation, it was acceptable, but it seemed closed-in to me.

Thank you for visiting our community. We are sorry to hear of the unpleasant odor you mentioned and will share your comments with the appropriate directors to ensure it will not be an ongoing issue. If you would like to discuss your visit further or would like information about our other great communities in the area, please reach out to customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and kindly include “Atria Bethlehem” in your subject line so we may quickly connect you with the right people to help.

August 24, 2014

By Connie35

I thought Atria Bethlehem was a beautiful facility with nice surroundings. I don’t remember the name of the woman I spoke to, but she was very helpful as to what would suit my mom. When we put her in, I don’t know if they would have the care that she needs. The rooms were clean. From what I saw, the care seemed very good. I saw activities that they had going on, but I didn’t partake. I didn’t realize that she said if I needed to put my mom or leave my mom somewhere you could actually do it for a long weekend or a vacation. So that’s something that I would consider if I didn’t have my sister available to look after our mom. I was totally satisfied with that. I would totally recommend the facility if it would suit someone's needs. However, Atria is more expensive so if you have the funds available and you’re looking for that kind of setting, I would recommend it.

August 24, 2014

By Michael92363750

Atria is nice and is a larger facility. It seemed to be very well kept and the food is very good. They have more organized activities since they have a full-time social director. It’s also that the cost is much higher, so it’s a luxury community. The staff is very engaged and very personable, but they do not have 24-hour nursing staff. The care-to-patient ratio is less than ideal, but they were attentive. They have different types of rooms and they are more than adequate for assisted living. The place is pretty secure with cameras and alarms in the doors.

July 20, 2014

By Rose Ann

My mother stayed at Atria Bethlehem for a month for respite. The whole place was beautiful; it's like a hotel. Even the restaurant is fully furnished with pretty tablecloths on the tables. The staff, as well as the food, was nice too. You don't just get what everybody is eating. You could choose off the menu. However, it's very high priced, and you have to pay for laundry services, cable, and phone hookup. Everything is an extra there. But, they have a washer and dryer, and people can do their own laundry in the laundry room in each apartment. I think for the price that they charge, it should include everything.

June 27, 2014

My dad is in his first month at the Atria Bethlehem. It is a very busy place for the elderly. The dining room, for example, is very loud because everybody is talking. Everybody seems happy. They've got restaurant food, very nice. The place is very clean, and the staff is very friendly.

May 30, 2014

By caregiver-in-home-ca

I was able to visit Atria Bethlehem. It was beautiful. The grounds and everything are perfect. Their staff seemed to be very professional and very friendly. They offer fantastic activities. The dining area is exquisite. They have big windows to get a lot of light. They also have very good menu. The place was just so well planned. When they built it, they really knew what they were doing.

May 27, 2014

By Norman5

Everyone was very helpful at Atria Bethlehem. It was very nice, very clean, and everything was new and modern. They have a one-bedroom apartment and a studio. It was recently remodelled with brand new furniture. They showed us the dining area, and it was very nice. They offered table service, and it was like a restaurant. They have a library, movie theater, and trips to the casino, and they seemed to have many things to do.

January 31, 2014

By Michele15

Mom moves to Atria last July first. She has a studio and her room is very nice. The food is very good. They had activities like bingo, bible studies, entertainment and they make jewelry. The staff is very helpful, cheerful and smiling, which is one of the big pluses. Today there is an incident that my mom fell off the toilet and they call to let me know and I like that. I like that I know she is safe and she wears a little necklace around in her neck for such purpose. They do have nurses them if you need them.

May 02, 2012

By EP

"My mom is been there for just a week and a half now, and I've been there quite a few times as well. The facilities, staff, and I really love how the room was set up, sort of a like -hotel style. Its very nice and I highly recommend the place to someone as well.

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Bethlehem

July 31, 2014

By Lena4

I like Atria Bethlehem. It looked very nice, but they didn't have a full kitchen; they just had the microwave. Their one bedroom apartment was nice and big. The studio apartment was also nice. The staff were very nice and accommodating. They were able to answer all our questions. They showed us around and showed us their amenities and everything that they had to offer.

January 28, 2014

By Dianne14

It was kind of dark when you first went in Atria because the ceiling was low and residents were there near the front door to say hello but it was very nice. It looked lovely, the dining room was lovely. The rooms were what we felt were small and they were more like hospital rooms than apartments. The staff was very nice. I'd have to admit having left with a jar of salsa that the residents had made from plants they grew in their garden, it was just a lovely touch. They were very friendly and very active people. They have a gardening club and that's what they do with their leftover vegetables from the garden, they made salsa. They had somebody who came in and did chair aerobics and stuff like that.

January 17, 2014

By Jeff16

I thought Atria Bethlehem has a very nice and cheerful environment. It was very clean. They were very nice. The staff that we came in contact with was very friendly and very helpful. The woman who took care of us went over things with us. She was also very nice. The rooms were clean and very nice. They were of good sizes and in my opinion very adequate for the people there. I would recommend it to anybody. In fact, I did mention it to a few people and had recommended it. They did have full schedule of activities. If I was to leave my mother there, I would be satisfied. The only downside that we found as far as the facility goes is that I think there's a limit to the capacity of people they could take in as far as their mental state goes. My mom is a little advance in Alzheimer's and I don't know if they could have taken care of her there to the fullest extent.

November 27, 2013

By Caring71911550

I just had a quick visit at Atria Bethlehem and the facility is very nice. I was very pleased with the facility. The people are really nice. And one guy told me that he loved it there. I think the residents are happy there. The facility was very clean.

September 21, 2013

By Caring Daughter20

I like Atria Bethlehem. My dad currently lives there. I especially like the care that he receives and the whole ambience of the place. He has three meals a day. They have a menu where he can choose what he wants to eat. Their dining room is spacious. They have wonderful staff. They're doing everything he needs. This place is absolutely worth recommending.

Costs for Atria Bethlehem

• Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: 222810 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Atria Bethlehem

Atria Bethlehem understands the importance of seniors maintaining a healthy balance between independence and safety. That's why our community provides them with everything they need to feel secure in their surroundings and comfortable to participate in daily activities. Residents enjoy apartments equipped with emergency-response systems, kitchenettes and accessible bathrooms with walk-in showers. In addition, we offer the convenience of daily bed-making and towel service, weekly housekeeping services, and scheduled transportation to medical appointments, shopping centers and recreational activities.

Atria Bethlehem offers the following services:

• 24-hour availability of a trained staff
  • A choice of apartments
  • A full-time director for events and activities
  • An emergency call system in every apartment
  • Anytime Cafe with complimentary snacks and beverages
  • Assistance with activities of daily living
  • Delicious meals served restaurant-style each day
  • Housekeeping services
  • Laundering of bed and bath linens
  • Medication assistance
  • Scheduled local transportation

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Bethlehem