18 Assisted Living Facilities near Nazareth, PA
Also serving communities of Bath.
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nazareth area, with 2 in Nazareth and 16 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 93 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nazareth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nazareth 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kunkletown with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nazareth, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Nazareth, PA
16 Assisted Living Facilities near Nazareth, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nazareth
Nazareth, Pennsylvania, hosts the Jacobsburg Historical Society, where seniors who are history buffs can enjoy historical exhibitions, or if they prefer a rock 'n' roll themed attraction, the Martin Guitar factory offers tours that make great day trips with family members. Seniors, age 65 and older, in town account for 22 percent of the population of about 5,700 people. To accommodate aging adults looking for help with daily tasks, there are two assisted living facilities in Nazareth with 34 more in nearby communities.
In Pennsylvania, Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) are called personal care homes or assisted living residences (ALRs), which have different levels of care. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing, while personal care homes are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nazareth
- Seniors will be happy to learn that Pennsylvania doesn't tax income from Social Security or from retirement accounts such as a 401(k) or an IRA, and the state exempts pension income for those aged 60 or older. Property tax rates are somewhat higher than the U.S. average, but sales tax is relatively low.
- The cost of living in Nazareth is 109, compared to national and state average of 100, so seniors may spend a little more here than in other cities in the state.
- Nazareth's violent crime rate is 24.8 (100 is best), compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Its property crime rate is 33.1, compared to the national average of 38.1, so seniors may feel a little more secure running errands and going to appointments in town.
- Nazareth air quality is 48 out of 100 (100 is best) and is 10 percent better than the U.S. average. This ranking is based on the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, which measures hazardous air pollutants down to the zip code level. Seniors living here may be at a lower risk of respiratory illnesses than in 52 percent of other U.S. cities.
- On average, Nazareth has 202 sunny days per year, just three days less than the U.S. average. Summer highs in July are 84 degrees Fahrenheit, and winter lows in January are a bone-chilling 10 degrees. Seniors sensitive to the cold weather may want to take that into consideration before moving here.
- Nazareth has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides social services, recreation and meals for local seniors, and there are seven senior centers in the county, including the Nazareth Senior Center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nazareth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Nazareth start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nazareth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nazareth
Pennsylvania seniors with disabilities may qualify for an Independence or OBRA Waiver. Those with Social Security Income living in personal care homes may qualify for additional assistance on their monthly payments.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nazareth
Nazareth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nazareth, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nazareth
Nazareth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nazareth
Review of Alexandria Manor
My mother is at Alexandria Manor, I liked it very much, and the staff look extremely helpful. The rooms are nice, not lavish, but very livable. They seem to have an active social program for the re... Read more
Review of Alexandria Manor
My mother and father were residents in Alexandria Manor - Nazareth in the past year. The staff and administration was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were spacious. On-site occupational and... Read more
Review of Alexandria Manor
I've known the management since 2007, and I've worked with them and have seen their care and compassion for residents. The rooms are an average size and its a good option for those who need quality... Read more