12 Assisted Living Facilities near Easton, PA
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Easton area, with 3 in Easton and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 57 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Easton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Easton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Nazareth with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Easton, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Easton, PA
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Easton, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Easton
Review of The Village at Sullivan Trail
Mom has been at The Village at Sullivan Trail for about a month. The staff was unbelievable -- very caring and very attentive. The administrative staff is also fantastic. She loves them, and she is... Read more
Review of The Easton Home
We did visit two of the places that were recommended, and one was called the Easton Home. It looked like a lovely place for a loved one. It is probably the best dementia care center I have ever see... Read more
Review of The Village at Sullivan Trail
My mother-in-law is in the Weston Senior Living, which is just a mile away from here. It is a very nice community, and it is very clean. She loves it, and she is just thrilled to be there. They hav... Read more
Assisted Living near Northampton County, PA
More Options Near Easton, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Easton
Nestled along the banks of the Delaware River, Easton, Pa., has historic riverside charm and a lot to offer seniors. In addition to the Crayola Factory, the National Canal Museum and the Hugh Moore Historic Park, the area has 28 assisted living facilities, three in Easton.
Seniors can choose from two types of facilities in Pennsylvania. Personal care homes offer basic assistance with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and grooming. While assisted living residences provide these services as well, they also provide basic nursing services. These facilities are licensed and regulated by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Care. However, the Department of Welfare Adult Residential Licensing oversees personal care homes.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Easton
- The Lehigh and Northampton Transportation Authority (LANTA) operates Easton's public bus service. Seniors can apply for a PA Senior Travel ID that lets them ride for free.
- Social security income, retirement withdrawals and pension payments aren't taxed in Pennsylvania at the state or local level. This allows seniors to keep as much money as possible.
- The overall cost of living in Easton is lower than both the state and national averages. However, seniors should expect to pay slightly higher prices on health care services, which average 9 percent more than the state average and 1 percent more than the national average.
- Easton's overall crime rate is 32 percent lower than the national average and 6 percent lower than the state's average. Seniors can rest easy knowing that Easton's rate for violent crime, which tends to affect elderly persons the most, is 13 percent lower than Pennsylvania's median.
- The Easton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Easton Hospital, St. Luke's Hospital Anderson Campus and Easton Community Care Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Easton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Northampton County Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides local services to help seniors remain active within the community, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Easton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Easton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Easton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Easton
The state of Pennslyvania offers a Supplement Social Security Income program to help low-income seniors cover the costs of residing in an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Easton
Easton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Easton, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Easton
Easton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.