Heather Glen Senior Living

Reviews of Heather Glen Senior Living

Memory Care Reviews for Heather Glen Senior Living

November 13, 2018

By Virginia Ofstein

We visited Heather Glen in order to find a place for a family member who required Personal Care. As we entered the building, we saw an expansive lobby well lit by natural light emitting from the ceiling skylights. There were staff members about; there was music playing, we heard quite conversations and laughter. We sat in front of a lit fireplace while we waited to meet the representative for our tour. Considering all of this, our first impression was very positive, which only got better the more time we spent at Heather Glen that morning. After meeting with Donna K.., Community Relations Director, Jody G., the Director of Wellness, and taking a tour of the facility, we knew that Heather Glen would be a perfect fit for our loved one. We had an issue with time but the staff worked with us to make the move-in seamless. James, the Environmental Services Director, moved furniture within the room, hung all our pictures, installed a bracket for the TV, and replaced the refrigerator. Tim, the executive chef, came by the room to meet our family member, as did Leigh A., the Activities Director, and Aaron, the RN on duty that day. We felt welcome and very much at ease, as we were about to say good-bye to our family member. Since then, we have been extremely impressed with the way in which the staff, most especially Donna, who is extraordinary, has made every effort to help our loved one get acclimated to his new home, encouraged him to participate in the many activities HG offers during the day, and accommodate his needs. She has taken a personal interest in his him and checks in with him frequently throughout the day. We love the physical lay out of the building, the many outdoor terraces and living rooms with fireplaces that provide a homey, welcoming place to be, the exercise equipment and putting green, the dining room with the many choices for homemade meals. We couldn’t be happier with Heather Glen for our family member and offer our highest recommendation.

November 09, 2018

By stec5

I would like to start out by saying Heather Glen saved my father’s life! A few months ago, my father had a massive stroke. Had it not been for the quick thinking of Heather Glen’s staff, my father would not be here today according to the doctors that took care of my father at the hospital! Due to their training and quick response, my father not only survived but has almost made a complete recovery under the care of their skilled staff and therapy department in just a few short months. I truly believe if my father was not at Heather Glen at the time of his stroke, he would not be here today! My father has been part of Heather Glen Senior Living Personal Care for over a year now. He was one of the first residents. As his daughter, it was very hard for me to come to the realization that my father needed more help than I could offer. The last thing I wanted was for him to feel like he was being put in a nursing home. We wanted a home for him. A comfortable place that we could all hang out and still be a family! Not only did we find that but we found genuine people who care for my father better than we could. We found a second family. They have made it an easy transition not only for my father but for all of us as his family! We are so grateful that our time with him is now spent enjoying him and having fun as a family because his needs are taken care of by skilled people with a caring nature! We could not have asked for a better place for my dad. We can see the difference they have made in his life by how healthy and happy he is now. Heather Glen is by far the best decision we have ever made and we look forward to many more years with our new family  The Rieth/Steckel Family

July 25, 2018

By APG Eldercare Services

I have visited this facility on many occasions as a healthcare professional and have found the staff in the memory unit to be very engaged with the residents. This is critical when you are looking for an appropriate placement for your loved one with dementia. The residents are also interacting with each other and not just sitting in a hallway. The building is well maintained, bright and cheerful. Residents have the opportunity to go outside on a secured patio with a garden. The overall atmosphere is very positive and pleasant.

June 14, 2018

By GR

Heather Glen was a nice place and it's fairly new. The people were friendly, but I didn’t think there was enough interaction between the clients there. It seemed like everybody was on their own doing their own thing. The staff was very nice. Everybody had their own private room with a window. They were very nice, good-sized, and they had private baths. They had different sized rooms. They had common areas where they played games and a nice dining area.
See all Memory Care reviews (8) See fewer reviews

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites
  • Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

About Heather Glen Senior Living

Heather Glen Senior Living’s Memory Care Community is grounded on a Philosophy of Wellness. We emphasize the Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, and Environmental aspects of Wellness. Each resident with Alzheimer’s, or any other form of dementia, will be therapeutically assessed to determine their ability and capability. An individualized support plan will be developed including the collaborative input of the resident, family, caregivers, and support staff.

The Memory Care Community is designed with four neighborhoods that each provide a homelike environment for twelve residents. The community provides safety and security with electronic locked and alarmed doors. Residents have access to internal common areas, activity space, relaxing lounges and external gardens and walking areas.

The decision about selecting a Memory Care Community should include the resident and immediate caregivers. Heather Glen is focused on supporting both the resident and their loved ones.

Making the decision to reside at Heather Glen will offer the peace of mind that the resident will not only be cared for but cared about.

Each of the neighborhoods offer:

• 10 private and/or companion studios with full baths
  • Central living room
  • Kitchen / Dining room
  • Laundry
  • Secured courtyard with Therapy Garden

Therapy Garden Benefits

• Gardening is a good source of sensory stimulation - sights, smells, sounds, and touch!
  • A great form of low-impact exercise for ALL stages of health
  • Residents can soak in some much loved Vitamin D!
  • A sense of community within the garden - Residents can work together and share tools between each other
  • A strong sense of renewal - Residents can watch the seeds they plant grow into beautiful flowers and vegetables
  • Residents feel accomplishment, pride, and purpose as they watch their plants progress.

Community Amenities

• 24 hour specially trained staff
  • On-site rehab therapy
  • Life enrichment programming
  • Walking path
  • Multi-sensory room
  • Beautiful bird aviary
  • Wheelchair accessible transportation

We are innovative and use technology to create effective, efficient and profitable programs. We are environmentally conscious at Heather Glen Senior Living and have a focus on organic, natural, and locally sourced products, thereby reducing our carbon footprint. Our residents will enjoy taking pride in growing and composting their own vegetables and herbs, and we will also take part in a full recycling program.

Map of Heather Glen Senior Living