Heather Glen Senior Living

Reviews of Heather Glen Senior Living

Assisted Living Reviews for Heather Glen Senior Living

September 05, 2021

By Doug

My tour experience at Heather Glen Senior Living was very good. The woman who gave me the tour, Kim, was very knowledgeable. She was very forthright about what the expectations are for residents coming in. She had a lot to say about, not only the levels of care, but how the levels of care and the room pricing arrangements work together. For example, when a resident comes in, they pay one dollar amount for the room regardless of the level of care they need; they could be totally self-sufficient when they move in. By the time they get two or three years down the road, if they require hospice care, they're still paying the same rate for their stay there, rather than having a price increase because now they require more care. The staff was excellent. She was very knowledgeable. She has been with the company for quite some time. She had prior experience with other senior living firms before coming to Heather Glen, so she was able to offer some insights as to things that Heather Glen offers that she didn't necessarily have available when she worked at other places. She was very personable. She took me around. She also engaged some of the residents and introduced me and told them why I was there. She talked to somebody who was doing a puzzle, and she talked to a group of people who were playing a game. It was obvious that she knew everybody and that's important. They have a rather unusual arrangement. They have like a long hallway on the first floor of the building to get into where the entrance door is. Rather than the entrance door being right on the very front of the building, you actually walk in a hallway and then the entrance was almost in the center building. They also had other spaces on the second floor on either side of the dining area (kind of a balcony, if you will) where residents could sit outside. Maintenance was very good. This is a somewhat older facility. It was built in 2016. I am told there was a fire there a few years ago, but there was no evidence of that. It's very well taken care of.

July 06, 2021

By DL

Last week, I was able to get to Heather Glen. A staff member took me upstairs to see the rooms that were available. We saw a lot of things on that floor and then she brought me down a different way and we were able to see a lot of things there, too. That's the only place that was open so far due to Covid measures. The staff member that gave me the tour was very helpful. The room was a nice size. It looked nice and it was everything that I was looking for in a room for my mom and dad. Everything in there was very light and there was a lot of light coming in. I really like that.

January 12, 2021

By gene c

Heather Glen is a top notch facility. The physical plant is well designed and lively. The staff are very caring and capable.

May 04, 2020

By Joe

Heather Glen Senior Living is brand new, it's wide open on the inside, with lots of skylight, and plenty of areas where the residents can go, relax, and read the newspaper. The dining room is clean, the food is good, and I've eaten there a couple of times. Everything seems to be good so far. There were a lot of services for my father-in-law before the lockdown. There was onsite physical therapy, occupational therapy, a barber and hairdresser, and medical care onsite as well. The staff is good. We went there one time and there was a musician playing for them. They generally have three or four things going on each day.

February 18, 2020

By happy sunflower

I chose Heather Glen for my Mothers care because as soon as I came to tour the facility, they made me feel welcome. The director, "Jackie" went above and beyond to accommodate my Mother's needs. She was so attentive & always listened to all my concerns. Another reason I chose Heather Glen for my mother was because of the activities director & staff. They will knock on doors & encourage residents to come out of their rooms in order to get them involved in activities! This has helped my Mom in many ways socially! The activities do not end in the middle of the day, they always have the residents engaged in the evening also which I think is so important than just going back to your room and watching TV until bedtime. I'm very happy with my choice. I think this is a very nice, active, welcoming community!

February 09, 2020

By Tammyy2

Our mom has received such great care at Heather Glen we could not be more pleased. The staff is super friendly and accommodating. We highly recommend placing your loved one at Heather Glen. They will be in great hands!

Memory Care Reviews for Heather Glen Senior Living

August 30, 2021

By Linda

My mom has only been in Heather Glen Senior Living for a little bit now. It's very nice. They're very accommodating and very caring. The accommodations are really good. She is able to go outside, and she likes to play the piano, so she's been doing those things. They make sure that they are comfortable because, of course, at first, they are a little confused. They stay with them, make sure someone is with them, and check on them all the time. It's really good. Food looks very good. My mom had chicken parmesan and some kind of a nice dessert. They have nice offerings for food, and it looks good. She has been doing a lot of activities, and they're good. They play kick ball, they had a card toss that they play, they play with a beach ball, and they take them outside. They have lots of activities every day for them. The facility is very nice. They have beautiful rooms.

June 07, 2021

By Al Kaline

When families are compelled by circumstances to seek care and safety for their loved ones in facilities such as Heather Glen, well, we are consumed by many memories and emotions. It’s unavoidable. But Heather Glen’s staff and facilities bridge that gap between our love for our family member and our diminishing ability to provide for the care and comfort we want our loved one to have. The private rooms are spacious and always clean. The ambience in the “general areas” is inviting and comfortable. The staff responds quickly to a family’s thoughts and concerns. HG provides transportation to doctors for the residents, which is an essential need for our family member. The transitioning of our loved one’s care and safety to HG is still a difficult proposition today. HG cannot undue what nature and nature’s God has brought forth, but we are comfortable and thankful for the gentle care and constant attention this facility provides its residents.

February 23, 2021

By Shelley

My mother was in Heather Glen Senior Living memory care. Our experience was not the best. My mom was a resident there for over 6 months, then she had a fall, was sent out to the hospital, and then to rehab. They kept saying "yes, we're taking her back." Then I got a call one day, she was supposed to be discharged from the hospital to go back there, and they're like "nope, sorry, we're not taking her back, she needs more care." From what I saw, the aids and the person that runs memory care were good. I had issue with the nurse in memory from the start. It is a beautiful facility, it looks like a five-star hotel, and it is maintained. I chose them at the time because I needed a quick placement for my mom and everybody else had a waitlist to get in. We have very limited contact. They seem to have a good amount of activities, but the activities were kind of limited too because they could not have the residents in groups due to Covid. I hope they had better communication with the family.

February 08, 2020

By J's sister

Heather Glen is a beautiful, nicely appointed facility-- but even more significant is the professionalism, enthusiasm, and warmth of everyone working there including the administrator, the marketing director, the nurse, the activities coordinator, the med techs, and the caretakers. I appreciate the individual care and attention they give to my sister. It's impressive the effort all made to learn my sister's needs and interests. We are so happy that Heather Glen is now open. My family and I strongly recommend it!

July 10, 2019

By Julie

I placed Mom in Heather Glen Senior Living memory care. I like it, and it's great. Her apartment is very nice and very spacious, but we need to bring out more things to make it a little homier. Their staff is nice. I'm in a wheelchair and they brought the wheelchair van to me to bring me out to their location, so that I could see it, and I appreciated that. They assessed her and they went out the next day, they moved everything, got her over there, set her up, and have been very accommodating that way. I like the facility. She likes to move fast in her wheelchair and they have very wide hallways and a lot of open spaces, so she can move around as fast as she likes. For what she's getting and for the level of care they seem to be providing, the value is very good.

December 12, 2018

By Bill from Allentown

Our mom has been a resident of Heather Glen since May 2017. We believe that we selected the best possible place for her. She has made some wonderful friends since moving there. The staff has also been wonderful. She receives hugs and smiles from them all day long. Since the building is broken up into small ares, it's very quiet which also makes it feel more personable. Meal time is great in that you have your choice of seating and a 2 hour time frame for each meal. I highly recommend checking it out for your loved ones.

December 05, 2018

By 5 Star Facility

My Mother has been a resident at Heather Glen since it's opening. Over the past 18 months, she has received exceptional care from the entire staff at Heather Glen. The facility is beautiful, clean, always festive and provides a warm & cozy environment. The rooms vary in size, the variety of food selections is large and the activities for the residents are endless (exercise, crafts, baking, outings, movies, parties etc). My Mom feels very safe and content living there which is largely due to the amazing staff and their genuine interaction and concern for their residents.

November 27, 2018

By Gene B

My siblings and I tried to find a home for our mother and dad. We checked several places and settled on Heather Glen Senior Living. We liked the openness of the halls and large common areas. Dad is now living by himself and we know he is being taken care of daily.

November 13, 2018

By Virginia Ofstein

We visited Heather Glen in order to find a place for a family member who required Personal Care. As we entered the building, we saw an expansive lobby well lit by natural light emitting from the ceiling skylights. There were staff members about; there was music playing, we heard quite conversations and laughter. We sat in front of a lit fireplace while we waited to meet the representative for our tour. Considering all of this, our first impression was very positive, which only got better the more time we spent at Heather Glen that morning. After meeting with Donna K.., Community Relations Director, Jody G., the Director of Wellness, and taking a tour of the facility, we knew that Heather Glen would be a perfect fit for our loved one. We had an issue with time but the staff worked with us to make the move-in seamless. James, the Environmental Services Director, moved furniture within the room, hung all our pictures, installed a bracket for the TV, and replaced the refrigerator. Tim, the executive chef, came by the room to meet our family member, as did Leigh A., the Activities Director, and Aaron, the RN on duty that day. We felt welcome and very much at ease, as we were about to say good-bye to our family member. Since then, we have been extremely impressed with the way in which the staff, most especially Donna, who is extraordinary, has made every effort to help our loved one get acclimated to his new home, encouraged him to participate in the many activities HG offers during the day, and accommodate his needs. She has taken a personal interest in his him and checks in with him frequently throughout the day. We love the physical lay out of the building, the many outdoor terraces and living rooms with fireplaces that provide a homey, welcoming place to be, the exercise equipment and putting green, the dining room with the many choices for homemade meals. We couldn’t be happier with Heather Glen for our family member and offer our highest recommendation.

November 09, 2018

By stec5

I would like to start out by saying Heather Glen saved my father’s life! A few months ago, my father had a massive stroke. Had it not been for the quick thinking of Heather Glen’s staff, my father would not be here today according to the doctors that took care of my father at the hospital! Due to their training and quick response, my father not only survived but has almost made a complete recovery under the care of their skilled staff and therapy department in just a few short months. I truly believe if my father was not at Heather Glen at the time of his stroke, he would not be here today! My father has been part of Heather Glen Senior Living Personal Care for over a year now. He was one of the first residents. As his daughter, it was very hard for me to come to the realization that my father needed more help than I could offer. The last thing I wanted was for him to feel like he was being put in a nursing home. We wanted a home for him. A comfortable place that we could all hang out and still be a family! Not only did we find that but we found genuine people who care for my father better than we could. We found a second family. They have made it an easy transition not only for my father but for all of us as his family! We are so grateful that our time with him is now spent enjoying him and having fun as a family because his needs are taken care of by skilled people with a caring nature! We could not have asked for a better place for my dad. We can see the difference they have made in his life by how healthy and happy he is now. Heather Glen is by far the best decision we have ever made and we look forward to many more years with our new family  The Rieth/Steckel Family

June 14, 2018

By GR

Heather Glen was a nice place and it's fairly new. The people were friendly, but I didn't think there was enough interaction between the clients there. It seemed like everybody was on their own doing their own thing. The staff was very nice. Everybody had their own private room with a window. They were very nice, good-sized, and they had private baths. They had different sized rooms. They had common areas where they played games and a nice dining area.
See all Memory Care reviews (15) See fewer reviews

• Housing Extra: Shared Living

• Pets: No Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 226820 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Heather Glen Senior Living

Heather Glen Senior Living’s Memory Care Community is grounded on a Philosophy of Wellness. We emphasize the Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, and Environmental aspects of Wellness. Each resident with Alzheimer’s, or any other form of dementia, will be therapeutically assessed to determine their ability and capability. An individualized support plan will be developed including the collaborative input of the resident, family, caregivers, and support staff.

The Memory Care Community is designed with four neighborhoods that each provide a homelike environment for twelve residents. The community provides safety and security with electronic locked and alarmed doors. Residents have access to internal common areas, activity space, relaxing lounges and external gardens and walking areas.

The decision about selecting a Memory Care Community should include the resident and immediate caregivers. Heather Glen is focused on supporting both the resident and their loved ones.

Making the decision to reside at Heather Glen will offer the peace of mind that the resident will not only be cared for but cared about.

Each of the neighborhoods offer:

• 10 private and/or companion studios with full baths
  • Central living room
  • Kitchen / Dining room
  • Laundry
  • Secured courtyard with Therapy Garden

Therapy Garden Benefits

• Gardening is a good source of sensory stimulation - sights, smells, sounds, and touch!
  • A great form of low-impact exercise for ALL stages of health
  • Residents can soak in some much loved Vitamin D!
  • A sense of community within the garden - Residents can work together and share tools between each other
  • A strong sense of renewal - Residents can watch the seeds they plant grow into beautiful flowers and vegetables
  • Residents feel accomplishment, pride, and purpose as they watch their plants progress.

Community Amenities

• 24 hour specially trained staff
  • On-site rehab therapy
  • Life enrichment programming
  • Walking path
  • Multi-sensory room
  • Beautiful bird aviary
  • Wheelchair accessible transportation

We are innovative and use technology to create effective, efficient and profitable programs. We are environmentally conscious at Heather Glen Senior Living and have a focus on organic, natural, and locally sourced products, thereby reducing our carbon footprint. Our residents will enjoy taking pride in growing and composting their own vegetables and herbs, and we will also take part in a full recycling program.

Map of Heather Glen Senior Living