Spring Village at Pocono

Reviews of Spring Village at Pocono

Assisted Living Reviews for Spring Village at Pocono

June 21, 2021

By KJ

I visited Spring Village at Pocono. It was OK. I did not really like it. It was a little too nursing home for my family member. It had a nursing home set-up look for me. It was not a fit for my family member. What I least like about it was the furnishings to me are kind of dated. I did not see anything that jumped out at me as something I like the most. Our family member is kind of independent, even though she is 93. She is very sprightly, and the people there were kind of not as active as she is.

March 05, 2021

By Shaunee

I chose Spring Village at Pocono for my friend. I wanted him to be somewhere where the care was all-inclusive, for a base price where there wouldn't be any additions, and also a place that accepted his long-term care insurance after six months, which would take 90% of his cost, and that's $4,700 a month. He's also eligible for Veterans aid, so they seemed to kind of work with his disabilities. He's comfortable there, he likes it, he likes the staff, he likes the way he is being treated, and that's important to me because he's a dear, dear family friend, might as well say he's family, and he's a veteran, he served our country, and I want him to have the absolute best care possible. I felt that of all the places that I looked at, Spring Village offered all of that. I looked at their testimonials, the reviews from other family members that have family members in there, and I was touched from the compassion in dealing with Courtney, and how she handles the situations, and the speed and efficiency in how she does it is very helpful. It just solidified for me that it was a good decision to place him there.

January 31, 2019

By KU

I have found everyone at Spring Village at Pocono to be exceptional. Everyone is very friendly, caring, kind, and remembers my mother's name. It's a very beautiful, nicely kept place. My mother's room is beautiful, gorgeous, and quite large. She has a large bedroom, large bathroom, and a beautiful view. There's also a nice little cubby area where the window is for her recliner, and she has everything from home. The room is specially painted before we came in, and they told me that I could put up as many pictures and bring as many things in to make her comfortable. They have activities every hour like Bingo, exercise, rhumba, trivia, puzzles in the movie room, and my mom gets speech, occupational and physical therapy so it's beautiful. We're very happy. I haven't come across anyone there who wasn't friendly or helpful. My mother has some issues with the food because they seem to be repetitive and there are not many choices. The price is a little high, but for what you're getting, it's worth it and I'm glad I made the decision of putting my mother there.

Thank you for your review of our Community! We love taking care of your Mom. We are sorry to hear about our menu, I will be sure to check in with our Dining Service Coordinator! Once again, thank you for the review & for allowing us to take care of Mom! We appreciate the kind words.

January 19, 2018

By Betty

Spring Village at Pocono was very nice, the staff was very pleasant, and it was affordable. The dining area was very nice and it looked like we walked into a restaurant. They had a menu available for the day. The activities and the menu were in various spots throughout the facility, such as the elevator, so the residents are well aware of what's going on. They have shopping trips into town and I saw some residents in the middle of playing Bingo. There's a multitude of rooms. There's a large screen setup where residents were watching television. There were two parts to the facility, one was assisted living and the other was more intensive care. It's a 3-floor facility and the third floor was for residents with more extensive needs.

January 05, 2017

By Talus

Spring Village was very nice and pleasant. They had three floors and would have been my next choice. The staff was great, very pleasant, and very informative. They had a dining hall on the first and second floors. The third floor was lock down for Alzheimer's.

December 06, 2016

By Teri728178

My friend and I are trying to help an elderly friend who has cancer to get into assisted living, but he felt more independent and was not ready to go into assisted living. Spring Village was very nice, and the people were wonderful; they went out of their way to help. They showed us a private room, but it was too expensive; it was something like $4500, so the individual could not afford that. They showed us a room with someone in it -- which was $2500.

October 13, 2016

By Kay610335

I was trying to get my sister into Spring Village at Pocono, but her family had more power of attorney over me. Spring Village at Pocono was great though. I had no problem with them. They were great. The room was exactly what she needed -- e.g., the TV, the closet, a little dresser, a bed by the window. It was very nice. It was everything she needed. The facility was very nice. It was well cared for. No problem at all. The people were very nice. I don’t know how you could make it any better. It’s absolutely great. It’s perfect.

September 03, 2016

By Anne243536

I like Spring Village at Pocono. It's quite expensive. There is a hospital across the street. They have dementia care, and it seems like they have activities for the residents. The people in charge are very nice.

July 25, 2016

By ssqu

My father was only there a short time before he passed, but I cannot say enough about how caring and supportive the staff was. The facilities were very comfortable, clean, and homey. The staff was always well informed about his status and his needs and made sure we were as well. In the short time he was there they did everything possible to get to know him and what would make him happy. I will always be grateful that they made my dad's final days as positive as possible.

It was a pleasure taking care of your father. Our heartfelt condolences are with you and your family. Your dad was very sweet and will be missed. We thank you for being a wonderful family!

November 30, 2015

By PL

Spring Village at Pocono is very close to us, which is something that we feel good about. What impressed me most was the executive director. She has gone above and beyond working with us to secure a place for my mother-in-law. She has really been amazing and very supportive. The facility itself is spotless and beautiful. There are people of all different ability levels, and all of them seemed involved in meaningful activities. They have what she calls aging in place, so it's a facility that even ends with hospice care. It's a whole range of services. She was very good about explaining the workings of it. The place is just lovely. It's small. There are only 96 residents, and we really liked that idea as well. We went to the memory care floor, and there was a woman doing an exercise program. There was a lot of back and forth and a lot of talking. She was really trying to involve everybody, and everybody was participating. They were getting ready for lunch downstairs. The dining room was lovely, and the food smelled great. It's a really nice place.

Memory Care Reviews for Spring Village at Pocono

• Staff Patient Ratio: 10:1
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• State Licenses: 227040 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Spring Village at Pocono

Spring Village at Pocono is nestled in the scenic Pocono Mountain area of Northeastern, Pennsylvania. Mother Nature puts a show on every season with over 2,400 square miles of mountains, lakes, rivers, waterfalls and two National Parks. The community is easily accessible from the Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York areas.

The local towns offer quaint historic atmospheres including art galleries, unique shops with abundant antique finds, and some not to be missed restaurants. The Crossings Premium Outlets along with some of the best skiing, golfing, fishing and water-sports are available. The area is also home to the Pocono Raceway famous for NASCAR Races.

Residents and visitors alike describe our community as welcoming and comfortable with a very homelike accommodating feeling. Whatever the season, our residents can be found enjoying fun, interesting and enriched days guided by our creative and energetic staff members.

We are an active Personal Care Community which also offers a Secured Memory Care neighborhood. We promise to provide care with love, respect and dignity. We believe we are not only providing services for our residents but for our families as well. Understanding the need for safety, comfort and overall well-being of their family members gives the family comfort. Our community ensures that our resident's needs are met to the fullest with great attention to detail.

Map of Spring Village at Pocono