10 Assisted Living Facilities near Hackettstown, NJ
Also serving communities of Hope, Glen Gardner, Phillipsburg.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hackettstown area, with 5 in Hackettstown and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 46 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hackettstown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hackettstown 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Randolph with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hackettstown, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Hackettstown, NJ
5 Assisted Living Facilities near Hackettstown, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hackettstown
Hackettstown is one of the few towns in the country that doesn’t share its name with another town. There’s only one Hackettstown, and it’s home to approximately 9,500 people. Nearly 15% of the town’s residents are seniors, and if they need help with their daily activities, they can turn to any of the five assisted living facilities in town. Another six facilities are located in nearby communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hackettstown
- Seniors in Hackettstown have many public transit options. Warren County offers a fixed-route shuttle service that can take seniors from Hackettstown to Washington, and the suggested fare is only $1. Seniors enjoy discounted fares on the commuter rail line that connects Hackettstown to Penn Station in New York City.
- New Jersey has many retiree-friendly tax policies. Hackettstown seniors don’t have to pay tax on their military pensions or Social Security benefits. Some retirees may be able to exclude some or all of their other retirement income, such as IRA withdrawals.
- The Hackettstown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Hackettstown Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Despite its small size, Hackettstown has a thriving arts and culture scene. The Hackettstown Art Center and the Centenary Stage Company offer theatrical productions, concerts and other performances. Seniors who enjoy the great outdoors can visit Stephens State Park for hiking, camping and fishing.
- With winter lows in the teens and summer highs in the 80s, Hackettstown’s climate is less comfortable than the national average. It also receives more snow than the national average, which may be difficult for seniors who like to be outdoors.
- Seniors who move to Hackettstown may notice that some budget categories are more expensive. The town’s overall cost of living is 15.6% higher than the U.S. average. This is largely driven by high housing costs, which are 35.7% more expensive than the national average.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hackettstown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Hackettstown start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hackettstown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hackettstown
New Jersey’s Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports program may help seniors pay for assisted living in Hackettstown. Seniors with limited incomes and few resources may qualify for funding through the Optional State Supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hackettstown
Hackettstown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hackettstown, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hackettstown
Hackettstown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hackettstown, NJ
Other Options in Hackettstown, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hackettstown
Review of Bentley Commons at Paragon Village
I went to Bentley Commons at Paragon Village. Their independent living facility was in one building and their assisted living was in another. They're completely separate there. The independent buil... Read more
Review of Colonial Manor at Panther Valley
Colonial Manor at Panther Valley was wonderful. We're hoping that my dad could go back there. They're clean and absolutely gorgeous. We really liked that place. It's an excellent, friendly, and car... Read more
Review of Bentley Commons at Paragon Village
Bentley Commons at Paragon Village was very nice. They need to label the buildings, like one is for assisted and the other one is for independent, but we went into the wrong one first because they ... Read more