Heath Village

Reviews of Heath Village

Independent Living Reviews for Heath Village

May 12, 2016

By CindyRYLEE

Heath Village is just not conducive, I don’t think, for my mother. They have more hotel room living where she would be in just a bed and that would be it. I wasn’t that thrilled for her at Health Village. If you had the money, it’s a nice place. It’s almost like a country club if you’re doing independent. My monther needs care, so independent is not where we could put her. I really hadn’t talked to them much, but the prices were about the same. I have to worry about what happens if she lives beyond her money, so I keep that in mind. We know people there who are very happy, because we belong to a senior group, and they think it’s phenomenal. They had different restaurants that you could go to, so the food is probably 5 stars. And as far as the facilities are concerned, I would rate it as 4 stars if you need nursing care. The people that live there think that the staff is actually phenomenal and when we went to visit with my mother, they could not have been nicer. We’re heading up there at the end of this month to take a look again and see what else is available. The activities are something that they don’t have much of, and most of the women and the guys that we know are independent so we really don’t know that much about their activities. It’s a nice community if you’re active. It’s reasonable, but I don’t know about the Medicaid aspect and that’s something why we’re going up there to find out.

August 16, 2015

By James111850950

Heath Village is a little more expensive, but there is a lot more going on there. It is also bigger. A friend who has been there over a year seems content with it.

June 30, 2015

By Georgene1

The Heath Village was like a palace. Everything was beautiful. However, it was way out of our budget.

June 27, 2015

By Weazer

Really bad for long term care. Prices high, raise rates 5% every year. More concerned with appearances than service and care. Constant turnover of CNA's.

September 25, 2014

Heath Village is very pleasant and attractive. They have entertainment at night. They have poker, card games, reading, library, men’s clubs and women’s clubs. We had lunch there. It was very good. The one thing we didn’t like about it was it was a little hilly. If they can level out the terrain, it would be a big improvement.

June 25, 2013

By Michelle20

We chose Heath Village for my dad because it's close to our home and it was also close to the church. The staff are very respectable. The dining area is very nice. They have a calendar where you can see many kinds of activities like bingo and game nights.

April 01, 2012

By Heath1

Offers different levels of care from independent living apartments/studios/cottages to a full service health care center. Since all levels are available on one campus, it makes transiting to a higher level of care much easier on a individual. The only downside is that they don't offer an assisted living level, only residential care. Facility is always well maintained. They employ a devoted, courteous staff who often goes out of their way to address a residents' needs. They provide transportation to shopping and nearby houses of worship. Many social activities available to residents.

February 23, 2012

By Hannibal

I went to attend for a job interview, in so doing i was given a tour of the facility and was able to survey the surrounding environment, work order, daily activities ect. As soon as i walked in I remember realizing how remarkably clean the large facility was in that the Housekeeping service were experienced and well ordered from bathroom stalls to carpet stains. All the residents as well as the working staff were considerably friendly and open minded to questions and discussion. The grounds-work on the outside of the facility seemed well maintained and well-groomed. The list of activities for the elderly to participate were ample and diversified, whether it be playing card games or lifting weights in the fitness room. Lunch and dinner plans provided seemed appetizing and provided many choices for your palette. All in all i believe this facility to be above average in terms of care and service

Nursing Home Reviews for Heath Village

• Housing Extra: Cottages

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 09/01/2019

• Minimum Age: Average Move In Age Is 80.
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

• About Heath Village

Heath Village represents an affordable choice for today’s retiree who wants to remain active, involved and independent. A non-profit, full service retirement community, Heath Village offers a choice of lifestyle options, first-rate amenities, numerous social opportunities and the security of comprehensive health care services on-site.

These apartments include studio, one and two-bedroom apartments. Units are equipped with a full kitchen that includes a refrigerator, electric stove and dishwasher. The apartments are unfurnished to allow for individualized decorating.

Heath Village Retirement Community has a cozy cottage neighborhood within its pristine 100 acre campus. Our cottage residents enjoy the same services, security, and activities which have made Heath Village a premier community in New Jersey. Our two-bedroom, two-bath cottages were developed for independent seniors who prefer more spacious accommodations.

Situated in western Morris County, Heath Village is centrally located to both New York City and the beautiful Pocono Mountains via nearby Route 80. Just a few minutes down the road, residents can enjoy the small town charm of Hackettstown, home of Centenary College.

Map of Heath Village