6 Assisted Living Facilities near Bridgewater, NJ
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bridgewater area, with 4 in Bridgewater and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bridgewater is $4,871 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Morristown with an average starting cost of $3,600.
To help you with your search, browse the 39 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bridgewater. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bridgewater 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Englishtown with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bridgewater, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgewater, NJ
2 Assisted Living Facilities near Bridgewater, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Bridgewater Township is located in central New Jersey and a rich history steeped in the American Revolution, and Bridgewater is the site of the first unfurling of the American Flag, in 1777. The town is growing rapidly, from its rural roots to a thriving home to many large companies. The population is 45,000, 16 percent of whom are seniors aged 65 and older. This demographic will likely need to transition into the assisted living and to accommodate them, Bridgewater Township is home to 4 assisted living facilities, with 2 more nearby.
Assisted Living facilities are licensed and regulated by the New Jersey Department of Health. Depending on the level of care that residents require, staff members are required to hold certain certifications are required for s to hold.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bridgewater
- New Jersey residents are not subject to taxation on their Social Security income, although withdrawals from retirement accounts and IRAs are taxed as income. Seniors budgeting for assisted living may wish to consider this.
- Bridgewater Township is quite safe, with overall crime rates well below the national average. Property crimes, including petty theft and car burglaries, are at 7.3 compared to the national average of 22.7. Violent crime rates are also low, 21.7 compared to the U.S average of 35.4. While seniors are advised to take caution, many families may prefer their loved one live here instead of other parts of the state.
Weather in Bridgewater is characterized by cold, snowy winters and mild, humid summers. July highs rarely reach over the high 80s, while January lows may dip into the low 20s. Seniors in assisted living who are sensitive to high heat may enjoy living here, although those with health conditions affected by cold weather may be uncomfortable.
- Bridgewater Township residents are served by the New Jersey Transit Authority. This includes bus, light rail, and train services, as well as para-transportation for those who need it. Seniors are eligible for reduced rates. Transportation also includes access to New York City.
- The cost of living in Bridgewater is notably higher than the U.S. average, at 161 compared to 100. The main difference is housing costs, at 244 compared to the U.S. baseline of 100. higher housing costs may raise the costs for seniors in assisted living, as the facilities may have a higher cost of operations and thus higher fees.
- Bridgewater Township is home to world-class medical facilities, including RWJ University Hospital Somerset in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Bridgewater start around $4,871 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bridgewater and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bridgewater
New Jersey seniors who qualify for Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) may be eligible for financial assistance for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bridgewater
Bridgewater and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bridgewater, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bridgewater
Bridgewater-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bridgewater, NJ
Other Options in Bridgewater, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bridgewater
Review of Sunrise of Bridgewater
Sunrise of Bridgewater was very nice and the people were nice, but we can't afford it. I saw the dining rooms and the different rooms available. They're all brand new. Read more
Review of Sunrise of Bridgewater
We liked Sunrise of Bridgewater very much, but it's out of my mother's price range. It was beautiful. I liked everything about it. The location was decent. The facility was brand new and beautifull... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Bridgewater
Sunrise of Bridgewater was a brand-new place. They were still working on the building, and they were still trying to get residents. We got to see one of the showrooms and part of the place because ... Read more