Part of the New York metropolitan area, Morris County, New Jersey, is a relaxed and relatively sparse area dotted with small cities and towns. It has a total population of 491,845, 17.6% of whom are seniors. With its climate tempered by the nearby Atlantic Ocean, it gets warm summers with high levels of rainfall. Although close to New York City, the area has a wide variety of picturesque natural attractions for seniors to enjoy, including Hacklebarney State Park, where residents can hike or hunt, and Jockey Hollow, a park and garden with deep revolutionary war history.

There are dozens of assisted living communities scattered throughout the county. These facilities share an average cost of $5,991 per month, which is higher than the national average but lower than the New Jersey median. The state also offers a few tax breaks that may help make retirement in Morris County more affordable.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Morris County, NJ

2016, 2017, 2018

Juniper Village at Chatham

500 Southern Boulevard, Chatham, NJ, 07928

My sister is in Juniper Village at Chatham. It’s assisted living, they seem to be very helpful, and everyone is very kind. I had my mother with me when we visited her, she is 93, and they were very ki … (read more)

2015, 2016

Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

21 Ridgedale Avenue, Florham Park, NJ, 07932

<p>Located in the suburbs of Florham Park, NJ, and surrounded by tree-lined walking paths, Brighton Gardens of Florham Park is dedicated to helping residents find meaning each day. Our compassionate, … (read more)

CareOne at Morris

200 Mazdabrook Rd., Parsippany, NJ, 07054

My mother moved into CareOne at Morris for respite care. She’s been there for one week. We’re extending it, and we’re going to see if she likes it. She’s not signed up permanently yet. It’s been excel … (read more)

Sunrise of Morris Plains

209 Littleton Road, Morris Plains, NJ, 07950

I toured Sunrise of Morris Plains, and I liked it very, very much. It’s a beautiful facility. The people were lovely, and the pricing, I thought, was very fair for assisted living. It was more accom … (read more)

2013

Sunrise of Randolph

648 Route 10 West, Randolph, NJ, 07869

My husband will be moving to Sunrise of Randolph. I’ve been passing it for years and years, and I always thought it was a beautiful place. When we went to look at it, it was even really nice. I would … (read more)

Brookdale Florham Park

8 James Street, Florham Park, NJ, 07932

Brookdale Florham Park gave me a tour of their assisted living. It was dark, it was dreary, and nothing was going on. The apartments were adequate and they were alright and were painted a cool light p … (read more)

Sunrise of Mountain Lakes

23 Bloomfield Ave, Mountain Lakes, NJ, 07046

I toured the Sunrise of Mountain Lakes. It’s a new place in New Jersey and I looked at their assisted living. I liked everything about it. My sister is in a wheelchair and the facility is large so I t … (read more)

Sunrise of Madison

215 Madison Avenue, Madison, NJ, 07940

<p>Situated near the charming town of Madison, NJ, and just 25 miles west of downtown Manhattan, Sunrise of Madison offers an ideal location in a serene setting. Our compassionate team members provide … (read more)

2013

Cedar Crest

1 Cedar Crest Village Drive, Pompton Plains, NJ, 07444

Beware of the ENTRANCE FEE! My mother was a resident of Cedar Crest, and like all residents, she provided an up-front entrance fee of around $300K in order to secure an apartment. She was told that … (read more)

Spring Hills Morristown

17 Spring Place, Morristown, NJ, 07960

My husband is in the Spring Hills Morristown. My mother was there before she died 10 years ago. They take very good care of their people. It’s all good. They take care of their residents. They know th … (read more)

Arbor Terrace Morris Plains

361 Speedwell Ave, Morris Plains, NJ, 07950

Arbor Terrace Morris Plains has a Bridges neighborhood that is for residents who have some mild memory challenges. My mom has been living in Bridges for about a year. I am so very happy to see how … (read more)

Brightview Randolph

175 Quaker Church Road, Randolph, NJ, 07869

It was an easy decision after taking the tour given by a top qualified guide. We felt we were walking thru a 5 star hotel. Activities galore! Movie Theatre, music, Sunday concerts, Happy Hour, Hair S … (read more)

2014

Victoria Mews Assisted Living

51 North Main Street, Boonton Township, NJ, 07005

My mom has moved into Victoria Mews. It’s wonderful. They have a very caring staff and very uplifting environment. There are nursing services 24 hours. They have great recreations like bingo, movies, … (read more)

Mt. Arlington Senior Living

2 Hillside Drive, Mount Arlington, NJ, 07856

My brother is currently living at Mt. Arlington Senior Living for almost 2 years now. It is very clean. Everything is extremely updated. They have a lot of activities. They have bus rides to different … (read more)

LIVIA Health & Senior Living

1 S Ridgedale Avenue, East Hanover, NJ, 07936

The Chelsea at Montville

165 Changebridge Road, Montville, NJ, 07045

My experience visiting The Chelsea at Montville was to be expected. The staff was very nice and knowledgeable. The apartments were clean, they were doing some renovations and the building was well-car … (read more)

Holly Manor Center

84 Cold Hill Rd, Mendham, NJ, 07945

I came to see The Holly Manor. I think they were more appealing because of the environment and the lighting were a bit darker.

Merry Heart Assisted Living

118 Main Street, Succasunna, NJ, 07876

Dont let your loved one step foot in Merry Heart. A dear friend of my family is receiving extremely poor care, and treated with disrespect. Its all about the money, nothing more! Praying the patie … (read more)

Troy Hills Center

200 Reynolds Ave, Parsippany, NJ, 07054

The Villa at Florham Park

190 Park Avenue, Florham Park, NJ, 07932

Paying for Assisted Living in Morris County

As a part of the massive New York City metropolis, Morris County shares the area’s average assisted living cost of $5,991 per month. According to Genworth Financial’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey, this is lower than the state average of $6,650 and higher than the national median of $4,300.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

Compared to much of the rest of the state, assisted living costs in Morris County are relatively low. Ocean City is more affordable, with an average price of $4,945 per month. Costs in the nearby Vineland area fall much closer to the state average at $6,523. Assisted living in Atlantic City is more affordable at $5,790. Capital city Trenton has the highest prices in the state, at an average of $7,478 per month. Lower assisted living prices can be found in neighboring New York State, where capital city Albany averages $4,800 monthly. Nearby Glens Falls is even more affordable at $4,235 per month. Pennsylvania also has affordable assisted living costs, with the Philadelphia area averaging $5,550.

$5991

Vineland

$7478

Trenton

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morris County

Eligible seniors in New Jersey may apply for financial assistance for assisted living via New Jersey Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) waiver. New Jersey also offers a supplemental SSI payment to help cover assisted living costs.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morris County

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in Morris County

ResourceContact Service
Morris County Department of Aging, Disabilities & Community Programming(305) 670-6500Seniors can access social services, such as case management and care referrals, at this state agency. In addition to operating several senior centers throughout the county, this organization offers a county-wide senior shuttle service, as well as a paratransit system for disabled adults. A nutrition program educates seniors about the impact of diet on health and chronic conditions while also providing nutritionally complete meals in a social setting.
Morris County Veterans Services(973) 285-6866This state-run organization has veteran service officers who can help connect service members with financial assistance for housing, health care and education. Here, veterans can get referrals to VA mental health and medical care and coordinate transportation to these appointments. A resource directory has a variety of wellness, legal and supportive services designed to meet the needs of local veterans.
Morristown Senior Center(973) 292-6690Morristown’s senior center has a lively schedule of activities and programs that promote social and physical wellness in older adults. Seniors can take part in language and exercise classes, day trips and social games. Hobby clubs give seniors a chance to make new friends with similar interests. This senior center also offers assistive programming, such as health insurance counseling, case management and advocacy services.
Legal Services of Northwest Jersey(973) 285-6911Serving Morris and surrounding counties, this pro bono law firm offers information and representation for civil legal issues. These may include health care and Medicare access, as well as housing issues. This organization also provides advocacy in cases of elder abuse and exploitation.
American Association of Retired Persons(866) 542-8165This organization offers a variety of educational programs relevant to older adults, including fraud awareness and driver safety classes. A volunteer tax preparation program is available each year during tax season. Members also have access to cultural clubs, live entertainment and an array of special events throughout the year.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morris County

Morris County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morris County