Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Reviews of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Assisted Living Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

November 07, 2016

By Elaine827355

Brighton Gardens had all kinds of things going on all the time. It was very busy and an older place. The single rooms were very tight and small; that’s why we didn’t even consider it. It was on a smaller piece of property. It wasn’t as up to date, but it was nice. The staff was very nice and gave us all the paper work; you know exactly what it was going to be and what they had. They gave us a paper where it had all monthly activities.

April 20, 2015

By coolkat10

beautiful place. We moved my dad is a few months ago. I have to say they have the most caring staff! It's a very active place and he always has somethong to get involved in.

December 06, 2014

By Kellly60

Wow, what a pleasant experience for us. After my mom's hospital stay we realized she could not go back to her apartment. I was so upset to put her in a nursing home and then stumbled across this place online. Brighton Gardens is beautiful!!! It's like nothing we could have imagined. Right away I felt at home with their dog sleeping by the fireplace. My mom's apartment has a large walk in closet and a little kitchen. They help her with showering and staff is always around to answer my questions. She is enjoying their bus trips and likes the social hours. The rates were good compared to other places we visited.

November 15, 2014

My father is in Brighton Gardens. His apartment was very clean and very organized. He liked the food, it’s very good.. The staff was very good, very helpful addressed issues. They have activities.

June 30, 2014

By BettyJ1414

Just moved my month in on May 1st. She needs so much care I wasn't sure assisted living would be enough for her and thought we would have to place her in a nursing home. Brighton Gardens told us they would be able to handle her care. Doctors even come into the community. She is well taken care of and we love the nurses. My family is so happy she didn't have to go to a nursing home. We just attended their barbeque last week and get a great time. I even was able to bring my grand daughter who danced to the music all night!

January 30, 2014

Mom is a current resident of Brighton Gardens. She has been there since September. We chose this mostly because it was cheaper than a lot of the others in the area. However, they have a brighter atmosphere and they have more activities. Everything is good. If you don't need much care, it's very good. If you need care, which my mother does now, it's fair, but I'm glad I'm there to oversee things. The room that she's in is just a one-bedroom unit. She has a little kitchen area with walk-in closet. However, I think I'm going to try to move her into a shared room as soon as one is available because it's expensive. Their dining room is okay. I just wish it isn't so right in the middle of the facility. It's wide open to the living room area. I wish it was a little more separate, but it works well for the patients and the staff. However, the food they serve is good. Regarding activities, they have movies, brain games, puzzles, etc. They have an exercise group every morning for chair exercises. They have entertainment that comes in periodically. They also have a hairdresser that comes in.

October 30, 2013

Brighton Gardens was the one that I liked the best. It's located close to where we all live. I thought it was the cleanest, it was brighter and cheerier and the outside grounds were pretty. The person that was in charge gave me all the information we needed with a tour of the place. It was just very professional. Some of the residents were in lunch and some were walking around. There was actually a dog that was there. I liked the people and I liked what I saw when I went in.

August 12, 2013

By Lola4

Nice facility. Employees are very friendly and helpful. Food is decent. Mom doesn't participate enough in activities. Don't know what the encouragement level is by staff to do so. Mom says they're going to be taking trips to places like Atlantic City, plays. Not sure if this is so. Seems that "trips" are to local shopping. This facility is perfect for those needing more assistance. Mom requires limited assistance. This is the reason for the 3 star rating. Was put off by attitude of one of the medical staff on a couple of occasions. Thank you.

We're sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information@sunriseseniorliving.com so we can learn more. – The Sunrise Team

June 25, 2013

By Lori13

I liked Brighton Gardens of Florham Park. We also visited this for my mom. It was a clean facility and it did not smell. They may be a slightly older facility, so they are very established in the community. There was entertainment in the lobby and refreshment all over the place for the residents and their guests. They also had a community dog who was probably as old as the residents. The management was very nice. I also liked the residents, they were out and about. Actually they asked residents to let you look at their rooms and I liked what I saw. I did get a chance to speak up-close and personal with some of the residents and they all seem very happy with their experience there. It was also the least expensive among the facilities we checked out.

September 23, 2012

By kim12

My grandfather lives here. This place truly renewed his life. After my grandmother passed he lived alone in their home for 3 years. He was depressed and lonely. After moving to Brighton Gardens his whole outlook on life has changed. He has numerous friends and loves going outon the van trips. Most of the time when I call he's not in his room, but out in the living room. Make me feel like I made the right choice. It's nice to see him happy and enjoying life.

July 24, 2012

By komos

In my experience, Brighton Gardens is a wonderful facility. Anytime I go visit my grandmother she is very happy to be there. She is in the Alzheimer unit so many of the patients are difficult to deal with but the staff is always pleasant and very patient with everyone. The facility is always clean and the furniture, appliances, etc. are new looking and functional. They always seem to have activities going on that many residents participate in and because my grandmother has only slight dementia, they will often take her from the Alzheimers unit and bring her to the activities out in the common area. The building itself is so pleasant looking and looks like an actual house with wonderful landscaping. I like how there is always someone at the front desk to monitor the residents comings and goings and the dog they have up front is extremely friendly. I know my grandmother loves him! The one thing I would improve upon would be the odor in the Alzheimers unit. Sometimes the wing smells a little like urine which I understand can be hard to fix because many of the residents in there are incontinent. I only mention is because it is the one thing I can think of that I am not 100% satisfied with. I am very happy having my grandmother there. So many people seem to have horror stories about assisted living establishments but I think the staff and facilities at the Florham Park Brighton Gardens are great.

May 25, 2012

By caring5241

I think that it is a very lovely facility. It's very clean and neat. The place is well-organized. It's very bright, airy and funny. I like that it's got a cheerful atmosphere. The people there seemed very nice. The staff there are very friendly and courteous. They're very attentive and really seemed to care about the patients.

March 13, 2012

By Hippirombie

Brighton Gardens is a beautiful assisted-living facility.... on the outside. My grandmother lived there for two years before moving in with my family, and she was barely happy, kind of just.... existing. I must admit I did not visit her often, but with good reason. The whole place smells faintly of urine, the actual bathrooms are disgusting, and the staff, quite frankly, is just plain rude and inattentive. My grandmother spent most of her days lying in bed (and developed a bedsore as a result) and did not receive much attention except for that from her family. She was not given many opportunities to get out and be social or active, and although she was severely allergic to dust, the staff routinely neglected to thoroughly dust her room. She also complained about the food a lot. Needless to say, she was much happier spending the rest of her days with my family instead of rotting away in that place. I do NOT recommend this assisted-living facility to anyone that cares about their family member's happiness.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry that to hear that your experience at our community was not the best and we’d like to learn more. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

March 08, 2012

By Astra

Beautiful place, but the residents' rooms reek of urine and the staff spend more time with each other than with the residents. I observed staff members laughing at an old woman who was crying for her husband

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your concerns regarding your visit to our community. Please email us at Information@sunriseseniorliving.com with further details so we can follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Memory Care Reviews for Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Questions about Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff receive relevant industry in-servicing, as well as continued education and yearly trainings. Topics, include caring for residents with dementia, privacy practices, chemical safety and more.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brighton Gardens of Florham Park. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents range in age from their 60's to 100. The most popular activity in our community is bingo, the resident's take the game very seriously!

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our activities programming includes daily exercises, mind fitness, bingo and other group games that encourage socialization, trips into the community to local restaurants or plays at Papermill Playhouse.

What places are near Brighton Gardens of Florham Park or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Local parks, downtown Madison.

What transportation services does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park offer to assisted living residents?

Our activities programming includes a handicap accessible bus which is used for all of our resident outings.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brighton Gardens of Florham Park exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our chef, Genevieve, has been with Brighton Gardens since we opened our doors! She puts all her years of experience into assuring the quality of the food and caring for our residents. We have 3 meals a day that include a main course, our lunch and dinner options come with a soup or salad, main course and desert. We also have a diner style menu that is available with every meal as well.

What safety features or security measures does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park offer to assisted living residents?

Our care managers provide 24 hour care to our residents to ensure their safety, as well as nursing in the building for 10 hours a day and on call 24/7.

How does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

The assisted living and Reminiscence coordinators make at minimum a monthly call to all families to share vital information about their loved one's health and wellbeing. They are readily available to speak with families should any question arise!

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brighton Gardens of Florham Park during daytime and nighttime hours?

Daytime is 1 caregiver to 7 residents. Evening is 1 caregiver to 9 residents. Overnight is 1 caregiver to 15 residents.

If Brighton Gardens of Florham Park accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We love pets! We do accept cats and dogs as long as the resident is able to care for the animal themselves. A Sunrise signature is our own dog and cat in every community, our dog is Lexi and our cat is Milo! We have a walking trail that circles the property as well as a courtyard area for picnics and barbeques in the summer.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

The staff receive relevant industry in-servicing, as well as continued education and yearly trainings. Topics, include: caring for residents with dementia, privacy practices, chemical safety and more.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

Daytime is 1 caregiver per 4 residents. Evening is 1 caregiver per 6 residents. Overnight is 1 caregiver per 10 residents.

What safety features or security measures does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park provide to protect residents who wander?

Our Reminiscence neighborhood is a secured neighborhood for those that have a diagnosis of Alzheimer's and Dementia. This neighborhood provides the same care as our assisted living neighborhood, but on a smaller scale. Reminiscence has their own activities room, dining room and living room for the residents to enjoy.

What programs or activities does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Residents participate in daily exercises, cognitive fitness and hands on activities such as painting, baking and gardening. Our Life Enrichment Manager likes to use music from the past to bring out the long-term memories of our residents, when they hear a song from their childhood they are quick to remember every lyric!

One of our 3 registered nurses will conduct a monthly wellness visit and a full re-assessment bi-annually. A change of condition or neighborhood will require a re-assessment as well.

What techniques does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The dining room in our reminiscence neighborhood has specific plate ware that make it easier for the residents to differentiate coloring and drink ware that are easier to hold in order to support the residents independence.

How does Brighton Gardens of Florham Park keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brighton Gardens of Florham Park. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in a residential neighborhood, close to Madison High School and downtown Madison.

Is Brighton Gardens of Florham Park affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

We send our residents to Morristown Medical Center in the event of an emergency.

Costs for Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Photos of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Services and Amenities of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

• Dining Extra: All Day Dining

• State Licenses: 60A001

• Get Costs

About Brighton Gardens of Florham Park

Located in the suburbs of Florham Park, NJ, and surrounded by tree-lined walking paths, Brighton Gardens of Florham Park is dedicated to helping residents find meaning each day. Our compassionate, highly tenured team members are available around the clock to provide assisted living services, personalized memory care for residents with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia, short-term respite care, and hospice care coordination.

We’re able to meet the specific needs of our residents living with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia. Our Terrace Club Neighborhood is tailored to those experiencing early to moderate memory loss, and our Reminiscence Neighborhood supports more advanced memory loss.

Our residents have the opportunity to lead a number of activities. You’ll get to enjoy wine & cheese socials, chair dancing, card games, movie nights, walking club, and so much more. Our dining team spends time listening to residents and creates menus based on their suggestions. Focusing on homemade meals using fresh, local ingredients, residents enjoy well-balanced meals each day. We also provide meals for modified diets as needed.

At Brighton Gardens of Florham Park, you’ll find quality care tailored to you within a fun and engaging environment.

Map of Brighton Gardens of Florham Park