26 Assisted Living Facilities near Parsippany, NJ
Also serving communities of Whippany, Montville.
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the Parsippany area, with 2 in Parsippany and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Parsippany is $5,502 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Morris Plains with an average starting cost of $5,276.
To help you with your search, browse the 222 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Parsippany. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Parsippany 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Morris Plains with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Parsippany, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Parsippany, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Parsippany
Parsippany is located at the mouth of the Hudson River in New Jersey and is home to several historic sites, including Craftsman Farms. Here, visitors can tour the estate of famed furniture designer, Gustav Stickley. Parsippany has about 52,000 residents, approximately 16% of whom are aged 65 and over.
Parsippany seniors have two assisted living facilities to choose from, and there are over two dozen more in nearby cities. In Parsippany and throughout the state, these facilities are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services and are categorized as assisted living residences, comprehensive personal care homes and assisted living programs, depending on the accommodations they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Parsippany
- Parsippany has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Office on Aging and the Physically Handicapped, an organization that provides programs to promote awareness of resources and services for area seniors, as well as one senior center.
- While ozone pollution levels in Parsippany are very high, with the American Lung Association giving Morris County a D for this type of pollution, particle pollution levels are very low. Short-term particle pollution levels are rated an A, and the region receives a passing score for annual particle pollution. This may be a consideration for some seniors, particularly those with certain medical conditions.
- Parsippany seniors do not pay state income tax on Social Security benefits, and those over the age of 62 are eligible for a large deduction on other types of retirement income. This may benefit seniors living on fixed incomes.
- The Parsippany area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Denville.
- The overall cost of living in Parsippany is high, even by New Jersey's standards. The city's cost of living is about 55% higher than the national average and about 20% higher than the statewide average. This may be a concern for seniors who have a tight budget for assisted living expenses.
- Parsippany is prone to extreme temperatures, with hot summers and cold winters. Over the course of a year, temperatures range between 20 degrees and 85 degrees, which may limit seniors who enjoy participating in outdoor activities throughout the year.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures
Paying for Assisted Living in Parsippany
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Parsippany start around $5,502 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Parsippany and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Parsippany
In Parsippany, eligible seniors may have assisted living services are paid for through the Medicaid Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Medicaid waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Parsippany
Parsippany and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Parsippany, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Parsippany
Parsippany-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Parsippany, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Parsippany
Review of CareOne at Morris
My mother-in-law is in respite care at CareOne at Morris. It is very positive, it is a great place, and it is also very clean. The food is good, and everybody is super friendly and patient. There a... Read more
Review of CareOne at Morris
My mother who is 104 yrs. old has been a permanent resident at CareOne at Morris Assisted Living Facility for over two years. She came in previous years for a few days' respite stays. The entir... Read more
Review of CareOne at Morris
CareOne at Morris was very nice. The grounds were kept up. One of my co-workers lives there now. I was familiar with it because I visited there a few times. It was gorgeous. The nurse who showed me... Read more