15 Assisted Living Facilities near Randolph, NJ
Also serving communities of Succasunna, Mendham, Mount Arlington, Chester.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Randolph area, with 2 in Randolph and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Randolph is $6,480 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Morris Plains with an average starting cost of $5,085.
To help you with your search, browse the 90 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Randolph. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Randolph 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Morris Plains with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Randolph, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Randolph, NJ
13 Assisted Living Facilities near Randolph, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Randolph
Randolph is a Township in Morris County, New Jersey, and a New York suburb with 26,000 residents, 12.6% of whom are aged 65 or older. There are many recreational opportunities for these seniors, including a spring-fed lake and beach at Randolph Park.
Seniors requiring help with the activities of daily living can choose from two assisted living communities in Randolph, with 13 more in nearby areas like Mount Arlington and Chester. The New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services licenses all assisted living facilities in Randolph.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Randolph
- In January, the low is 18 degrees in Randolph, compared to the national average of 33.2 degrees, and the summer high is a balmy 82 degrees, compared to the national average of 71.9 degrees. Seniors may wish to ask staff members at local facilities if residents can control the temperature in their rooms.
- The cost of living in Randolph is 70% higher than the U.S. average overall, but seniors benefit from lower healthcare costs at only 98.8% of the national average.
- The Randolph area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Saint Clare's Hospital/Dover General just three miles away in Dover. There are also several doctors' offices and an urgent care center in Randolph Township.
- Crime in the United States is ranked on a scale of 1 to 100 for lowest to highest. The violent crime rate in Randolph is 5.9. compared to the United States average of 22.7. The property crime rate in Randolph is 12.1. compared to the United States average of 35.4.
- Randolph has recreational opportunities for seniors, including cards, bingo, shopping trips and sewing classes at the Randolph Senior Center. The Randolph YMCA offers classes like senior balance, chair yoga, chair pilates and aquatic exercise for seniors. The Community Playhouse At Brundage Park also puts on several plays each year with discounts for seniors.
- Randolph has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Dial-A-Ride Program that provides free transportation to shopping and medical appointments for residents age 60 and over. The Senior ID Card gives free admission to swimming at the lake, tennis at Brundage Park and local sporting events.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Randolph
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Randolph start around $6,480 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Randolph and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Randolph
Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) coordinates service and support for assisted living in New Jersey. Social Security payments can also go toward assisted living costs, and some seniors have an assisted living benefit through their Medicare Advantage plan.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Randolph
Randolph and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Randolph, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Randolph
Randolph-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Randolph, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Randolph
Review of Brightview Randolph
Brightview Randolph has independent, assisted, and memory care. It's a very nice building with very nice rooms, and a great community room with a bar and pool tables. Their independent is in one bu... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Randolph
Sunrise of Randolph was a very nice, clean facility that seemed to be very professionally run. The staff who gave me the tour was knowledgeable about the facility and seemed to know what they were ... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Randolph
The place is very nice; however, extremely expensive. I'm not sure what "assisted living" comes with the price of the room, but for my mother, everything she needed help with was an extra charge. H... Read more