The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Basking Ridge, NJ for 2023
Also serving communities of Gladstone.
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Basking Ridge area, with 3 in Basking Ridge and 39 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Basking Ridge is $6,202 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870.
To help you with your search, browse the 351 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Basking Ridge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Basking Ridge 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warren with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Basking Ridge, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Basking Ridge, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Basking Ridge
Located in the Bernards Township, Basking Ridge is a charming, rural community with a rich history and a population of more than 27,000. Over 16% of its residents are aged 65 and older, and may be thinking about transitioning to an assisted living community.
In New Jersey, Department of Health and Senior Services licenses three types of assisted living services: assisted living residences (ALRs), comprehensive personal care homes (CPCHs) and assisted living programs (ALPs). There are 10 of these facilities available in Basking Ridge and surrounding neighborhoods.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Basking Ridge
- The cost of living in Basking Ridge is very high, which could be challenging for seniors on a fixed income. At 189.6, daily living expenses far exceed the U.S. national average of 100.
- Basking Ridge is a safe community with very low crime rates, which should offer seniors peace of mind. Measured on a scale to 100, violent crime and property crime are rated 9.5 and 13.3, respectively. These rates are much lower than the U.S. national averages of 22.7 and 35.4 in the respective categories.
- New Jersey is known for having cold winters. In Basking Ridge, temperatures can drop to a low of 19 degrees, with 24 inches of snowfall. However, seniors can enjoy the region's many outdoor activities in the warm summer weather.
- The Basking Ridge area has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bernards Township Parks and Recreation Department. The organization offers programs and services for seniors, including a monthly calendar of shopping and leisure trips, as well as a senior wellness center.
- Somerset County's Division of Transportation provides a county shuttle service around eight fixed routes, as well as paratransit services for seniors aged 60 and older to pre-determined destinations, such as medical appointments, workshops and senior centers.
- Basking Ridge has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Morristown.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Basking Ridge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Basking Ridge start around $6,202 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Basking Ridge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Basking Ridge
New Jersey's Managed Long-Term Services and Supports Demonstration Waiver program covers the cost of assisted living services for seniors in Basking Ridge. The state provides an optional state supplement (OSS) each month to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients living in ALRs and CPCHs to help cover room and board. Seniors in ALPs who are eligible for SSI benefits can apply for an OSS payment to help cover costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Basking Ridge
Basking Ridge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Basking Ridge, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Basking Ridge
Basking Ridge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Basking Ridge, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Basking Ridge
Review of Fellowship Village
Fellowship Village had been caring for our mother for a few years. Without them we would not have been able to manage her care in her own home. The caring staff members were always bright and chee... Read more
Review of Fellowship Village
My father in law moved from a large house in Cape Cod, to Fellowship Village Independent Living. He loved his independence and his apartment was large and near everything he was interested in, the... Read more
Review of Fellowship Village
Fellowship Village added meaningful rich years to my father's life. He was hesitant to make the move to independent living but soon discovered it offered more independence not less than staying at... Read more