31 Assisted Living Facilities near Livingston, NJ
Also serving communities of Roseland.
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Livingston area, with 2 in Livingston and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Livingston is $5,680 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Florham Park with an average starting cost of $4,880.
To help you with your search, browse the 292 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Livingston. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Livingston 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Florham Park with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Livingston, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Livingston, NJ
29 Assisted Living Facilities near Livingston, NJ
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Livingston
The township of Livingston in Essex County, New Jersey, is just 9 miles northwest of Newark, offering seniors peaceful, convenient suburban living within the New York metropolitan area. There are 42 assisted living facilities in the area including two within town limits.
In Livingston as in the rest of the Garden State, assisted living facilities are licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and classified into three categories: assisted living residences (ALRs), which offer apartment-type accommodation; assisted living programs (ALPs), which cater to subsidized public housing residents; and comprehensive personal care homes (CPCHs), which accommodate no more than two persons per residential unit.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Livingston
- The cost of living in Livingston is 83 percent higher than the national average mainly due to housing and transportation costs respectively being 217 percent and 70 percent higher than the U.S. averages. Other expense categories are somewhat comparable to the nation’s average figures.
- Livingston’s violent and property crime rates are significantly lower than in Newark and the national averages, making the town a safer place for seniors.
- There are several mobility options for seniors in Livingston. NJ Transit operates bus routes around Livingston and other areas in New Jersey at reduced fares for citizens 62+. The Livingston Express Shuttle provides round-trip transportation from Livingston Mall to South Orange train station, and senior transportation is offered to Livingston residents 62+.
- The community of Livingston offers seniors plenty of arts and culture experiences. Local performers include New Jersey Ballet, Livingston Community Players and the Children’s Theatre of Livingston, and Livingston Symphony Orchestra concerts have ticket discounts for seniors. The Livingston Arts Association and Riker Hill Artists hold art classes and exhibits, and seniors can learn a foreign language, enjoy poetry sessions and other enrichment programs offered by the township’s Senior, Youth & Leisure Services (SYLS) department.
- The Livingston area area is home to world-class medical facilities including Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Summit Medical Group and Cardiovascular Consultants of NJ in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Livingston
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New Jersey
Assisted Living costs in Livingston start around $5,680 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Livingston and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Livingston
The Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) program of New Jersey provides financial coverage on the costs of assisted living for Medicaid-eligible seniors in Livingston.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Livingston
Livingston and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Livingston, please visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Livingston
Livingston-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New Jersey are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New Jersey page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Livingston, NJ
Other Options in Livingston, NJ
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Livingston
Review of Brandywine Living at Livingston
I really don't know where to begin by talking about Brandywine Living at Livingston. My mom lived in Florida, but was in need of assisted living. I was her health care surrogate and loving daughter... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Livingston
Brandywine Living at Livingston is beautiful, and they redid the whole thing. They have an indoor pool that's very high-end, and theyre very expensive compared to the others. I found it dark when ... Read more
Review of Care One At Livingston
If I knew now before selecting this facility. We would not be here! Patients ring the Nurse bell and it rings and rings. No one comes to see. Anything could be happening to a patient. It is just ... Read more