10 Assisted Living Facilities near Stroudsburg, PA
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Stroudsburg area, with 4 in Stroudsburg and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Stroudsburg is $3,641 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pen Argyl with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 49 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Stroudsburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Stroudsburg 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include East Stroudsburg with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Stroudsburg, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Stroudsburg, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Stroudsburg
The borough of Stroudsburg, Pa., which was established in 1799, is a vibrant, diverse community that is home to several historic sites, including the Academy Hill Historic District and the Stroud Mansion. Seniors make up about 22 percent of the population of 5,444. To support its senior population, the city offers four assisted living communities, with another seven communities located in proximity. These facilities are classified in two categories depending on the care they provide. Assisted living residences, which provide supplemental health services along with assistance and supervision with the activities of daily living, are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing. Personal care homes, which are for seniors who do not require nursing home-level care, are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Stroudsburg
- While Stroudsburg has an overall low cost of living, seniors can expect to spend about 10 percent more on groceries, 4 percent more on transportation expenses and 8 percent more on clothing, restaurants, entertainment and other miscellaneous items than they would in other U.S. cities.
- Stroudsburg seniors can expect hot summers, with July highs averaging in the mid-80s, and chilly, snowy winters with lows in the upper teens.
- Seniors and their families can rest easy knowing Stroudsburg has a low overall crime rate that falls 33 percent below the national average. It comes in below state and national averages in both violent and property crime.
- The Monroe County Transit Authority provides public bus service in Stroudsburg, offering nearly a dozen routes around the area. Seniors 65 and over can apply for a Senior Transit Pass, which allows them to ride any fixed route for free. Additionally, MCTA offers a shared ride program, allowing them to provide transportation for seniors who live more than a quarter-mile away from a fixed route or need to travel to an area that can’t be accessed by public transportation.
- The Stroudsburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Luke’s Monroe Campus, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Pennsylvania seniors pay no taxes on Social Security income, retirement accounts or pension income. These savings may leave more money in the budget for assisted living expenses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Stroudsburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Stroudsburg start around $3,641 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Stroudsburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg seniors will need to pay their own assisted living costs, as the state does not cover services in assisted living facilities through the Medicaid State Plan or a waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Stroudsburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Stroudsburg
Stroudsburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Stroudsburg, PA
Other Options in Stroudsburg, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Stroudsburg
Review of Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home
My mother-in-law is in Gluco Lodge Personal Care Home. There's somebody there all the time 24 hours. It's been good. It's a small place. They only have 40 residents, so she gets good care. Everythi... Read more
Review of Grace Park
I toured Grace Park, and I liked it. It was updated, and it fits our family much better. I thought that a lot more of the residents are actively moving about, and the environment was just lovely. T... Read more
Review of Grace Park
Grace Park was very nice. Everything was impressive. They had a salon and an exercise area. It was open, very rural, and very well maintained. If and when this Corona thing is over, we will probabl... Read more