17 Assisted Living Facilities near Kunkletown, PA
Also serving communities of Brodheadsville.
There are 17 Assisted Living Facilities in the Kunkletown area, with 2 in Kunkletown and 15 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Kunkletown is $2,325 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Pen Argyl with an average starting cost of $2,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 69 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Kunkletown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Kunkletown 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include East Stroudsburg with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Kunkletown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Kunkletown, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Kunkletown
Kunkletown is a historic farming town nestled in the rolling hills of the Poconos. The community has a total population near 10,000, including 1,700 seniors who live independently or require assistance with daily activities. Two assisted living facilities in Kunkletown meet the needs of this population, and nearly 20 other communities are located in the surrounding area. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services licenses and inspects all personal care homes in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Kunkletown
- Pennsylvania is one of the most tax-friendly states in the nation for retirees. It does not collect tax on retirement income, including Social Security, federal or private pensions, 401(k) distributions or IRAs, although this income must be reported.
- Seniors in Kunkletown enjoy a moderate cost of living that's 4 percent lower than the national average. Housing costs are roughly 25 percent lower than the typical U.S. city. However, transportation costs are 20 percent higher due to the community's rural location.
- The crime rate in Kunkletown is on par with the U.S. average and substantially lower than other parts of Pennsylvania. Seniors here can feel safe in their homes and out in the city.
- Kunkletown is a favorable location for seniors who are susceptible to poor air quality or experience breathing difficulties. Monroe County has low levels of particulates. However, elevated ozone levels occur occasionally due to smog that migrates from neighboring metropolitan areas, including Newark and Philadelphia.
- Kunkletown has a mixed climate that's typical of the Northeast. Summer highs in the lower 80s and winter lows in the teens make the weather slightly cooler than the average U.S. city. The community also receives more rain and substantially more snow compared to the national average.
- Few medical facilities are located within the immediate Kunkletown area in the event of a medical emergency or illness. The nearest hospital is in Palmerton, and major medical centers are as far away as Bethlehem and Easton.
Paying for Assisted Living in Kunkletown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Kunkletown start around $2,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Kunkletown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Kunkletown
Although Pennsylvania does not currently offer Medicaid benefits for assisted living services, there are several alternatives. Adults in Kunkletown who receive Supplemental Security Income may qualify for an extra stipend to help with the cost of personal assistance. Another option is the Pennsylvania Domiciliary Care Program that places seniors in private care homes. These benefits are available through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services and the Monroe County Area Agency on Aging.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Kunkletown
Kunkletown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Kunkletown, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Kunkletown
Kunkletown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Kunkletown
Review of Mrs Bush's Personal Care Home I - Chestnut Ridge Home
I like Mrs Bush's Personal Care Home. We spent about 2 hours there walking around. They were having a musician playing and singing for the residents. I like very much what I saw. They take the resi... Read more
Review of Getz Personal Care Home
I have had my uncle at other Personal care homes and they couldn't match the care he gets at Getzs'. The staff keeps me informed of anything that has happened (falls, illness etc). He is so happy ... Read more
Review of Getz Personal Care Home
Getz Personal Care Home was very restrictive. There were a lot of do's and don'ts and I didn't care for that. The staff wasn't overly friendly. The apartments were very nice and clean, but everythi... Read more