Heritage Hill Senior Community

Reviews of Heritage Hill Senior Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Heritage Hill Senior Community

December 09, 2021

By norman richie

My uncle was a resident of Heritage Hill for 3 months prior to his passing. The staff is exceptional. They treated him as if he was their family. I would highly recommend Heritage Hill to anyone who is looking for exceptional care for their loved ones.

October 24, 2021

By Meredith

Heritage Hill Senior Community was lovely. The staff was very friendly. They were very open and welcoming to patient visitors. The residents were very active, and they had a lot of activities for them to do. They offer a nice dining hall, a courtyard with gardening, social activities, beauty salons, worship services, and organized outings.

September 25, 2021

By Eileen

I toured Heritage Hill Senior Community for my mother, and it was absolutely gorgeous and absolutely beautiful. The facility was nice, and the people were friendly, but the prices were a little high. The staff was great. I couldn't find anything wrong with that place. I just couldn't afford to send my mother there. I talked to the residents, and everybody was raving about the food. The facilities looked beautiful. All I could do was see them and listen to what they did and everyone there seemed to be very comfortable with where they were. They have a salon, a couple of courtyards, and they have a telephone room if somebody wanted more privacy. They had a lot of things.

August 31, 2021

By mjm911sc

My mother has been a resident of Heritage Hill for the past 5 months. From our fist meeting with the staff it was obvious that everyone at the facility cared deeply about their residents. The facility is in outstanding condition, it is always clean, maintained at a comfortable temperature and inviting. It has a very homey atmosphere through out and no where does it feel at all institutional. The staff is always upbeat and caring and they adopted my mother, into the Heritage Hill family, They initiated a PT regiment the first week and it dramatically improved her ability to get around. This is a top notch facility and my mother is very happy to be there. She always says "They take good care of me here", and that really is what it's all about.

August 27, 2021

By nana k

the rooms are very clean and spacious, the staff knows and speak to me upon entering. They like the travel meeting and the animals that came to visit. They have wi fi hook up for the cell phone that is great. They serve three meals a day and cater to the residents likes and needs for food.

July 09, 2021

By Karen M N

The facilities are very nice, but there should be more staff available to help the residents.

Thank you for taking the time to review Heritage Hill. We appreciate your kind comments and 4-star review. Please know that our staffing is something that is regulated in Pennsylvania and Heritage Hill is proud to always exceed the minimum staffing levels that are required. Please speak to our Executive Director or Resident Care Director if you have any specific concerns or if there is something one of our care team can do for your loved one.

June 26, 2021

By Maggie

Heritage Hill Senior Community was OK, but I wasn't overly impressed. I can't complain, every place has its ins and outs. I wasn't on a tour, I was there visiting someone, and I was familiar with the place. I wasn't overly impressed with the staff that I interacted with during my visit. I was able to see the rooms, some of them were private, some of them had 2 beds, and some of them had 4 beds. They do have plenty of activities for them. I didn't see an exercise room, but they do have a courtyard and an activities room.

We are sorry that your experience at Heritage Hill wasn’t exceptional. That is always our goal. Please know that we recognize the great responsibility of caring for the residents who choose to make Heritage Hill ‘home’.

October 09, 2020

By C Steward

My aunt has been a resident for more than a year now and just this week again told me she is in the best place for her. During the COVID crisis, the staff has kept the residents and facility virus free, and have done an excellent job with arranging controlled, socially distanced, in person visits, and have also provided for online (Zoom, FaceTime, etc) visits. The facility is always clean and pleasantly decorated, with beautiful seasonal touches. The staff is always pleasant and helpful and it is clear they know the residents and take a personal interest in them. My aunt often speaks of the food, which she praises for the quality and choices offered. I am grateful that she is happy and well cared for in this great facility!

June 12, 2020

By Eddie W.

My mother spent 10 days in 'respite' care. She loved it. She said she was in a beautiful room. Everyone was wonderful to her, and the food was very good. The people that I spoke with were pleasant and helpful. Everyone seemed to truly care about the residents.

May 04, 2020

By mom is happy and safe

Because of the virus, I cannot visit mom, but I get to “see” her on Facebook and whenever I call her, I can tell by her voice that she is happy and content. What I want for mom is that she live out her remaining years with dignity, surrounded by people who really care about her, that her needs are met, physical, mental, social, and emotional, and that she is safe. I found all of that at Heritage Hills.

May 01, 2020

By A.Young

I used Heritage Hill in the capacity of respite care for an elderly family member. This person is of quite advanced age but able to live on their own with a generous amount of support. However, due to the length of my absence, concern was in regard to provision of medications, adequate nutritional requirements and overall availability of human contact. The requirements were: cleanliness of accommodations, monitoring Coumadin levels and interacting with physician, provision of meals, socialization. Heritage Hill exceeded all of these. The rooms were clean and spacious. The meals were nutritionally balanced and "really good." And the Bingo games were a very much enjoyed activity. Staff was very responsive to any and all of my calls and questions. I would not hesitate to use the facility again if the need arises.

September 25, 2019

By Highly Satisfied Family Member

My two aunts moved into Heritage Hills from New York. Although they would have liked to stay in their home, they absolutely loved being residents in this home. I say home because they were welcomed lovingly the day that they arrived and the love, care, respect, and cheerfulness continued each day thereafter. They were in the suite which was beautiful and private. Then one of them moved into a room later in time, where it was aslo private and lovely. The entire home was kept extremely clean and decorated beautifully. The staff was extremely wonderful. I did not have to worry about them being there at all. As a matter of fact I enjoyed visiting everyday. Each member treated both of my aunts as though they were family members. I liked the fact that they went to the diningroom for all of their meals. It helped them interact with other residents. I am truly grateful to the entire staff for everything they have done for both of my aunts and for myself. I was always greeted with a smile and was kept aware of everything happening with my aunts. I already told my children that when the time comes I want to live in Heritage Hills. Again, thank you all for everything.

May 23, 2019

By Achick

If I could give 6 stars I would. My grandmother and our family are so pleased by her care at this facility. Everyone in the whole place has been amazing and jump right in to help with anything we need. The staff has taken such good care of her she seems 10 yrs younger in mind and body. My grandmother was an amateur gourmet cook and she eats every plate clean so that is saying something. The facility is so homey and well maintained that it's unusual. While this was a big decision to make, it was worth everything to see my grandmother smile again.

May 03, 2019

By Donna MK

Mom's room is beautiful! I refer to it as her apartment. So nice that we are able to fill her walls with as many pictures and personal items as she wants. ALL staff members from culinary, custodians/maintenance, laundry, office and last but not least the nurses and aides are simply WONDERFUL. No matter how small an issue or question you may have, someone is always willing to help or listen.

March 05, 2019

By Tomsr 1

Heritage Hill Staff To and Residence. February 2019 Thank you for making me feel at home. There is nowhere I have been that has a more personable and caring staff. I was fortunate to find Heritage Hill for a temporary residence while my wife recovers from double knee surgery. At this point in time I am recovering from Guillian Barret’ and need help with daily tasks. We looked at many possibilities but a tour of Heritage Hill and after talking to the staff and residence, I was impressed so much, we didn’t consider anywhere else. Meals are terrific, daily programs for residence keep all busy with Bingo, movies, entertainment shows, and other group gatherings, PT & OT is also available to keep you in shape. If you need temporary care or a permanent residence, do yourself a favor and visit Heritage Hill in Weatherly, Pa. These comments are unsolicited. My rating is “A+”. Tom B. Tamaqua

October 29, 2018

By Dee Ruppel

We have observed how attentive and caring the staff is with the residents great activities very clean and well maintained overall excellent facility

October 24, 2018

By faithlove1518

I have had a lot of time spent at heritage hill over the past few years as I have had two loved ones from different sides of my Family reside here - both for different needs and reasons. Getting to spend time in the assisted living section and also the memory/dementia care unit. The staff is always friendly and accommodating from all departments. When you walk in the atosmphere is pleasant and you feel at home. Heritage Hill continues to make efforts every year to improve things from dining experiences to activities and to continued support to their staff. Many employees are the same familiar faces over the years and that means a lot! Management and general staff are smiling and happy to be at work. Would highly recommend heritage hill !!

July 31, 2018

By Joanne

I've been to Heritage Hill Senior Community many times, and I talked to the girl who was in the office. My husband stayed there for a week, and he said the caregivers were nice and the food was OK. They people who are working there do a good job, and that's what counts.

July 31, 2018

By NO NAME

My friend has received both quality and professional care. All employees are extremely friendly and competent. I do not believe he could be getting better or more care elsewhere.

April 13, 2018

By Mary

My mother is a resident here and we are extremely happy with the care she receives there. Beautiful surroundings and very caring people, top to bottom. They have many activities for the residents both inside and out of the facility. The holiday parties, Valentine's Day, the annual pig roasting (was amazing!), Christmas and New Year's Eve were awesome! Definitely a great place for a loved one that needs some extra special care.

January 26, 2018

By Peter

Very good care.

October 06, 2017

By Jean

My mother loves it there. They are like family. The staff is great especially Debbie. She's such a caring person. My mom said to sell her home because she loves it there.

October 06, 2017

By Diane

All the staff know his name and always smile. Kitchen staff makes sure he has his brand of coffee. Staff goes out of their way to make sure he feels safe and cared for.

October 04, 2017

By BetsiB.

Heritage Hill was a God send for my 95 year mom. She was going downhill and confused when we placed her here last November. Almost a year later, she is alert, healthy and very happy with her life at Heritage Hill. The Staff is amazing and treats my mom like she was a relative (a loved one!). Food is great and their attention to my mom's health, cleanliness and socialization is top notch. I looked at other places but decided on Heritage. Thank goodness I did. Best decision my brothers and I made for my mom. She just may live to be 100 !!!!!

September 29, 2017

By Grapevine

My mom has been a guest at Heritage Hill for about 1 year. It was a difficult transition for her at first and the staff was very kind and supportive. Now, she feels right at home. Family & friends visit often and at various times. There is always something happening for the residents and they are well-cared for. The staff goes the extra mile to know details about each person so they are made to fee special. If ever an issue does arise, it is addressed immediately. Heritage Hill is very clean and the meals are not only tasty but also healthy. We are very happy with our choice of Heritage Hill.

September 05, 2017

By Miss D L

My mother has been at Heritage Hill for five years. The facility is an asset to our community both inside and out. I am very happy with the care my mother receives over the past years. The atmosphere is very family oriented and the staff is friendly and easy to communicate with. The facility is very clean and easily accessible for the resident to attend the numerous activities and dining area. My mother has been enjoying activities and other programs at Heritage Hill that would not be possible living at home being confined to a wheel chair. Their first priority is their residents.

January 06, 2017

By Talus

My mother has been in Heritage Hill for three months now. It's an extremely nice, clean, and very pleasant place. She's doing well, and we're very happy with them. The staff is great, helpful, keep her busy, and are there when she needs them. The food is great. She's in a private room right off the dining hall. They come and get her to go to church, Bingo, baking, and arts. She can participate in all kinds of things, and we feel she has improved mentally since she's been there. She's seeing other people and talking.

September 04, 2016

By Anne243536

I liked Heritage Hill. What impressed me were the cleanliness, the caring, and the activities. The scenery was beautiful, very pretty, very country, and very nice. The staff was very friendly and seemed to be very caring. The place was busy and clean, and it seemed like the people who were there were happy.

June 21, 2016

By Lorraine333358

My sister-in-law is in Heritage Hill, a very lovely facility. I was extremely impressed with the facility in terms of the cleanliness and the attractiveness of it. I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. They were very warm toward her and very nice, very caring, and very receptive toward meeting us. I didn't have any of the food but my brother has eaten there and said the food was excellent. The set up of the dining room was very attractive and welcoming. I was able to check the activity board, and there were quite a few activities that were available for my sister-in-law to participate in if she chose to. I was very impressed with it.

June 11, 2016

By Barbara350152

Heritage Hill is right around the corner from my daughter’s house. My brother-in-law likes it, and I’ve been there a few times. It’s very nice, and the people there are great, caring, and attentive. We’ve had meals with them that were great. The room is great and has a sliding glass door to go out into a little, enclosed grass area. He’s allowed to take his cat there, and his cat can go out to walk around and look at stuff. It just worked out perfectly for him.

September 02, 2015

By JackTerri

To the Staff of Heritage Hill, Words cannot express the gratitude to all of you for the absolute wonderful care you gave my Dad, from nursing to dietary, to housekeeping, maintenance, activities, laundry and admissions. It's probably a lot more calm now without my Dad, but I hope not too boring without him. I know there were times my dad became bothersome because of his diseases, but you all remained patient and kind to the end. I wish you all had the chance to have known him before his illnesses, he was even more of a "hoot" and "flirt" back then. Thank you Denise for all your help in keeping my dad at Heritage Hill and not giving up on us. Thank you Lisa for all your help, hugs and kindness along the way. To Jody he truly loved you and will always keep the 2nd Thursday of next week opened just for you. To BJ, thank you for the extra ice cream, smile and friendship. Thank you Mario for all the jokes that kept him smiling. Ronnie, thanks for those extra walks, kind words and smiles along the way. To Tara who would always make time to spend with me and Dad. To MJ with all your hugs and consoling words. To Jen and your way of making him laugh. Julian who always remained number 2 in line after Jody, but never minded. To Shannon and Dan who always had time to speak to me when I called. To Debbie and Geneva for taking him on trips and keeping him smiling. To Steve for all your help whenever we needed it. To Lisa Marie and Toni for all your help. Toni tell your Father thank you again for the airplane he gave my Dad that stayed hanging in his room. A big extra thank you to April and Alicia for all your time you gave up to sit all those hours with him and helping me out when I needed it. To all those who gave up their time to sit with him all those hours, thank you!! To all those I haven't named but will always remember for your kindness, compassion, smiles and love. It truly was hard to loose my Dad but I must remain grateful for all the friends I have gained throughout the last year. May God bless you all. You will always remain in my heart, Once again, thank you all for everything. It will never be forgotten. Love, Terri and David Gentele

January 16, 2015

I placed my mother at Heritage, and she has been there for a month. Everything seemed to be good. The staff are accommodating, and the food is excellent.

July 29, 2014

Heritage Hill was very nice. That would probably be my number one choice. The rooms were very nice, very clean. The staff was very nice, very friendly. It seemed like they were very nice to the residents. I thought it would have been a great place for my father-in-law, but they would not take him because of his behavior.

April 19, 2013

By Kim15

It's a very clean community and very friendly. The place is really beautiful and nice. They treat my mother in-law like family. It's a very safe environment for her. The staff is very kind to her and the rest of the residents.

April 17, 2013

By HAF

I have been extremely pleased with the care my beloved mother is receiving at Heritage Hills. A lot of thought, time and investigation went into the placement of my mother. I have had experience with other facilities before the passing of my father two years ago. This is the very best I have seen. My mother is extremely happy, well cared for but above all content. She had made friends, participates in activities and is enjoying life again. I just escorted her to her doctor's appointment yesterday and he is amazed at well my mother looks and is doing since she has been a resident. The staff and administration are the very best. The place is immaculate. We have been very pleased.

April 10, 2013

By Carol25

Heritage Hill is close to our home. My mother knew many people that had been there and they had an excellent reputation. I'm very pleased with the community. My mother is very comfortable there and gets excellent care. Everyone is so professional and personable. I can truly see that they know her and care for her needs. She's happy with the food there as well.

March 27, 2013

By JayKap

what a wonderful place for my grandmother! She was there for over 10 years and enjoyed her friends, the residents and staff. Our family is so grateful that she was so lovingly cared for until the moment she took her last breath at 97. I visited her 3 times a week and always appreciated how lovely and clean her home was kept. Whenever I had a concern, the staff was never to busy to explain what her doctor ordered for her and why. I contribute her long life to this. So many people wait too long to give their loved ones this type of good care and when their loved ones decline suddenly they feel inclined to blame others because of their guilt. It saddens me when families wait too long. I am glad we didn't. Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Heritage Hill!

Memory Care Reviews for Heritage Hill Senior Community

April 13, 2020

By Allen

My mother-in-law is currently at Heritage Hill. They put her in memory care. I don't know too much about it. Every time I try to talk to somebody, I have a feeling that they're giving me the runaround. The place is OK. We are pleased with the assisted living but with the memory care, not so much. They have activities like batting a balloon across the table, and that's the only one my mother-in-law participates in. Of course now everything is closed down. She was scheduled to get a haircut, and she still hasn't gone there. I don't like their memory care. It feels like you're in their prison. The doors are locked. Also the location was much farther away to go visit her. It takes 3 hours of traveling time, both ways. It is far away from the rest of the family.

I’m sorry that you are feeling so distanced from your mother-in-law. Physical distance is so much more difficult to bear when combined with the challenges created by COVID-19. We want you to trust that your loved one is getting the best possible care - because she truly is! Please reach out to the Executive Director or Memory Care Director to talk about her care plan or set up a virtual visit. We want you to feel confident about the quality of her care!
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: Dept of Public Welfare
  • State Licenses: 225120 - PERSONAL CARE HOMES

About Heritage Hill Senior Community

You'll love our healthy, homemade meals, cozy dining rooms, gracious decor and attractive, spacious accommodations. Heritage Hill Senior Living Community offers a fresh approach to personal care that meets our seniors' physical and emotional needs while maintaining their quality of life on every level. Our senior living services include assistance with daily living such as bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, medication management, activities, transportation services, and three balanced meals a day, in a home-like environment. Every resident will find a unique mix of security and independence, privacy and companionship, and physical and social well being.

One floor design - WanderGuard® System for Early Dementia - Pet Friendly - Small Town Friendly with home cooked meals

Map of Heritage Hill Senior Community