21 Assisted Living Facilities near Sellersville, PA
Also serving communities of Telford.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sellersville area, with 2 in Sellersville and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sellersville is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 131 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sellersville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sellersville 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Wales with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sellersville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sellersville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sellersville
The Borough of Sellersville, which is located in scenic Bucks County in the southeastern portion of Pennsylvania, was originally settled in 1738. Today, this community has a population of over 4,000 people. To support its older residents, the borough is home to two assisted living facilities, and there are an additional 31 facilities nearby for seniors to choose from.
In Sellersville, as in the rest of the state, these types of facilities are officially called "assisted living residences" or "personal care homes." Their licensure term, as well as their governing body, depends on the level of care they provide. Assisted living residences, which provide care for seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living, are licensed through the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing. Personal care homes, which accommodate seniors who do not need this level of assistance, are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sellersville
- Seniors may find that Sellersville is an expensive place to live, as its overall cost of living is 24 points higher than the national median. On average, health care costs are 12 points higher and transportation costs are 30 points higher, which may affect how much money can go into the assisted living budget.
- The overall crime rate in Sellersville is 59 percent lower than the national average, making this community safer than 68 percent of U.S. cities. This may make the community an attractive option for seniors who enjoy being out alone in the community.
- While fixed public transit bus routes are not available in Sellersville, Bucks County Transport provides shared rides transportation to area seniors.
- The air quality in Bucks County is poor, receiving an F for ozone pollution from the American Lung Association. Seniors with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses should talk to their medical practitioner to determine how the community's air quality will affect them.
- Sellersville seniors do not pay income tax on either their Social Security benefits or income they draw from retirement accounts. Those over the age of 60 do not pay taxes on pension income.
- The Sellersville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Grand View Health, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sellersville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Sellersville start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sellersville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sellersville
Although Sellersville seniors cannot pay for their assisted living expenses with Medicaid, those who qualify for Supplemental Security Income can use this benefit to pay for their care. The state adds money to the federal amount, which may allow seniors to budget more money for assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sellersville
Sellersville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sellersville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sellersville
Sellersville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sellersville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sellersville
Review of The Community at Rockhill
My girlfriend's mother has been to The Community at Rockhill. The visit I had with them was very good. Considering that my friend could afford the higher prices, she got excellent care, but I found... Read more
Review of Hidden Meadows on the Ridge & The Laurels
I went to Hidden Meadows on the Ridge. It was very nice. It was a three-story building. They had a nice dining room. There are two buildings there now, and one is more for dementia care. They have ... Read more
Review of Hidden Meadows on the Ridge & The Laurels
Hidden Meadows on the Ridge & The Laurel was our second choice. It appealed to us. They scored high on everything. The only turn off for us was that the building had three floors and the elevat... Read more