82 Assisted Living Facilities near North Wales, PA
Also serving communities of Gwynedd, Lower Gwynedd.
There are 82 Assisted Living Facilities in the North Wales area, with 3 in North Wales and 79 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in North Wales is $4,515 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Lansdale with an average starting cost of $3,100.
To help you with your search, browse the 457 reviews below for assisted living facilities in North Wales. On average, consumers rate assisted living in North Wales 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lansdale with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in North Wales, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in North Wales, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in North Wales
Located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, North Wales is part of the greater Philadelphia metro area. One out of every five of its 3,250 citizens is aged 65 and over. To accommodate North Wales seniors who require assistance with the tasks of daily living, there are three assisted living facilities in town and 73 more in nearby communities.
Assisted living residences (ALRs), as assisted living facilities are called in Elizabeth and the rest of the state, are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long Term Living, Division of Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in North Wales
- The cost of living in North Wales is 128.5, compared to a national and state average of 100. The main factor is the high housing cost of 172.7, nearly double the state average of 88.7. Health and transportation cost are also relatively high in North Wales, which may impact family members moving to be closer to loved ones in assisted living.
- North Wales' violent crime is 12, about half the national average of 22.7, the city's property crime rate is 22.7, nearly 13 points lower than the national average of 35.4. This may give seniors peace of mind regarding their safety while running errands in town.
- On average, there are 207 sunny days annually in North Wales, two more than the national average. Summer highs in July are near 85 degrees, and winter lows in January hit 22. Seniors may wish to ask what precautions are taken to ensure residents' comfort when extreme temperatures hit.
- According to the EPA's National Air Toxics Assessment, North Wales has an air quality of 50, somewhat lower than the national average of 58. This may mean that seniors with respiratory concerns may not breathe as easily here as in cities of similar size across the U.S.
- Pennsylvania seniors, including those in North Wales, don't pay tax on retirement income from Social Security, IRAs and 401(k)s. Additionally, pension income for residents aged 60 or older is also exempt. Property tax rates are somewhat higher than the national average, which might not impact seniors living in assisted living facilities.
- The North Wales area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Suburban Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in North Wales
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in North Wales start around $4,515 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in North Wales and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in North Wales
In North Wales and the rest of Pennsylvania, Medicaid doesn't help pay for the cost of assisted living. Seniors who qualify for SSI, may be able to use that benefit toward their assisted living costs and as per PA Code 2800.27, they cannot be charged more for assisted living than their monthly income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in North Wales
North Wales and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in North Wales, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in North Wales
North Wales-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near North Wales, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in North Wales
Review of Abramson Center for Jewish Life
Tonight my husband made the transition from a hospital stay to long term care at Abramson. His room is in the D section of long term living. Mary Grace and Tanisha went Above and beyond to make s... Read more
Review of Park Creek Place
My mother moved into Park Creek Place. Everything is good, and the staff is very helpful and pleasant. They do daily games, activities outside, they go on trips, and they're very content. The food ... Read more
Review of Abramson Center for Jewish Life
This is a wonderful facility with excellent patient care. My Mom, a resident for the past month, is so happy and so content. Our family is secure in knowing she is safe, secure and we’ll provided f... Read more