Holland Village

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

280 Middle Holland Rd, Holland, PA 18966
Holland Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Holland Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Holland Village

February 08, 2017

By RD110

Staffing wonderful, therapist great. Nothing to complain about. Excellent experience!!!

Thank you so much for your review. We are very pleased that you were pleased with the care received. If you ever have any questions, please contact us directly. Thank you again.

January 02, 2017

By Great Grand pops boy

My great grandfather was on skilled nursing unit 3 months ago for 4-5 weeks. The nursing care was wonderful,and the rehab department is the best I ever delt with. Sadly, we had 2 prior facilities he went to prior to ending up at Twining. .and to say "3rd time is a charm" is a HUGE UNDER - STATEMENT. Twining was much nicer atmosphere, more communication from staff to keep us informed, the food was "real food" and not institutional slop like he recieved in other places. We loved it and are happy he finally found a great place.

Thank you so much for your review of Twining Village. We appreciate your feedback and are glad your great-grandfather and you were pleased with his care.

November 27, 2016

By Aj barrett.

My Mother has been in Twining for over 2 years, I would not recommend this place to anyone. At first I thought it was the director that managed the place poorly but she was replaced months ago and the same problems exist. Very short staffed often, but especially on weekends and holidays. Not a caring facility....most times they careless about the residents.

Thank you for your comment. We apologize that your experience at our campus did not meet your expectations, but we take your satisfaction and the care we provide our residents very seriously. We have contacted our Diakon Senior Living Services Ministry Support team to follow up with you. Team members welcome the opportunity to speak directly with you about your concerns. Please email them at wecare@diakon.org and they will respond to you promptly.

April 08, 2016

By BILofK

Both Mom & Dad were there at the same time. The staff was very caring. Weekends were a little short staffed. Mom had to wait a half hour for incontinence care & I had to clip Dad's nails. Both disliked the food & 1 dietary aide was rude at dinnertime to other residents.

August 27, 2015

Twining Village seemed nice, and it's pretty. The apartments were a little small, but everyone was friendly. There's no problem with us there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent visit to Twining Village. Knowing that people have various needs in terms of desired living space, we offer apartments and cottages of various sizes. The size of our apartments and cottages range from approximately 600 - 1600 square feet so perhaps you only saw a smaller apartment when you visited. Please call and arrange a time to visit again so we can make sure and show you some of our larger apartments and cottages!

January 05, 2015

I visited Twining Village last year. It was very nice and lovely, but it was not something for me at that time because they had an indoor swimming pool which I couldn't use because of my legs. However, everything was just great. They had activities. They actually had people bowling and swimming. There were exercise rooms, and yes, there were people walking around the halls with their walkers. The people seemed to be very happy there. I didn't try their food, but I did go to their dining room, it was like a hotel, and it was really nice. Everybody was friendly, nice, and seemed to be very helpful. I understood when you moved in there that you would have all new appliances and everything fixed up in your apartment. They had transportation for doctor's offices and so forth, which was something I would probably make use of. They had lots of things that people could do.

September 19, 2013

By January655

My father was a resident of Twining Village. They have several living options there. They have retirement, assisted living and personal care. It is a facility that is conveniently located for us. I was very happy with this facility. They took very good care of my father. They took care of all his medications, took him to his doctor's appointments, etc. My father actually fit a little bit more into their resident dynamics because not everyone there was for memory care. He had gotten comfortable there. I was also happy with his accommodation. He had a small but very nice apartment. I did eat in the dining room many times and the food was very good. The staff was excellent and I like them. Unfortunately, my father was just there as a temporary situation. He just couldn't afford to stay there long-term. To be honest, if we could afford to keep him there, we probably would have. I recommend this place to those who can afford it because I think it is an excellent place.

July 31, 2013

By Andrea11

When I visited Twining Village, the whole complex looked congested to me. The rooms were very small. However, they had lots of activities like exercise classes, bingo, educational activities and trips.

May 31, 2013

By Lisa27

Twining Village had apartments and cottage style living. They have covered walkways between the different areas, so there is no travelling outside if you didn't want to. They also had their activities and they even have a pool. Everyone we met was very nice.

May 29, 2012

By SallyJ

The location of Twining Village is nice, as are the buildings. There hashave been recent remodeling done, and the buildings look better than ever. Though the staff are always nice, Twining Village comes across as being rather unprofessional. The people who work there to do activities with the residents are not certified nurses, and do not have the ability to keep them all comfortable, or even help them get to a bathroom. The residence are treated as if they are incapable of basic communication, and are treated like infants. There are simply not enough staff members for the quality of life to be what the residents deserve.

November 21, 2011

By buddie1

Wonderful assisted living facility. Immaculate facility, caring staff. My mother spent three years in Twining Manor and loved every day there.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Holland Village

May 28, 2013

By Robyn2

Twining Village is a very nice facility. The staff were pretty nice. We had our aunt in there and it was good for her because they allowed her cat to be there. She stayed there for four years. They made sure my aunt was eating dinner. They tried to get her to go to activities, but she didn't want to go. They did what they were supposed to do. I think they just need to evaluate the residents more often.

November 20, 2012

By tomg1

The facility has been spending a lot of money to remodel recently and it is paying off. It looks nice, modern and it's clear they listen to the feedback of residents.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Questions about Holland Village

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

The staff receives training regularly both required and elective trainings. These trainings ensure that our staff are prepared to care for the residents.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Holland Village. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The average age of the Personal Care residents is 87 years old. The residents enjoy being outside on the patio, deck or anywhere on our beautiful campus. They also enjoy participating in the community life activities that are offered.

What programs or activities does Holland Village offer to enrich residents' well-being?

At Holland Village we offer a variety of programing for the residents which include but are not limited to regular outings, religious services, bible studies, exercise classes, healthy eating/taste testing programs, movie nights, aquatic exercise, physician services, therapy services and a wellness center.

What places are near Holland Village or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Holland Village is a 52 acre campus that is beautiful for walking and has several picnic areas to sit and eat or just enjoy the scenery and the people around them. Holland Village is across the street from Council Rock High School and 2 miles away from Core Creek Park and St. Mary Medical Center.

What transportation services does Holland Village offer to assisted living residents?

Holland Village provides transportation for residents to and from physician appointments. We also offer transportation to and from activities that are planned outside the community.

What makes the chef or dining program at Holland Village exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

The Chef at Holland Village has been able to provide an elegant dining experience with menu options that the residents are able to hand pick and have prepared to their liking. There are a variety of meals to choose from and we can accommodate many diets which allows us to cater to each residents individual needs.

What safety features or security measures does Holland Village offer to assisted living residents?

Holland Village has a receptionist at the front desk who sees all visitors and checks them in prior to their visit. There are also cameras upon entrance to ensure the security of our residents and the doors lock at 8p and do not reopen until the receptionist returns the next morning.

How does Holland Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Holland Village is able to keep families informed via phone and or email, everyone has a different preference and a different schedule so we work very hard to accommodate everyone's individual preference.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Holland Village during daytime and nighttime hours?

The staffing ration in Personal Care is approximately 1.5 staff to 12 residents

If Holland Village accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept small dogs/cats but the resident or family must be able to care for these pets. There is plenty of space outside to walk and every apartment in Personal Care has a private balcony.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Does Holland Village work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Holland Village works with several outside agencies if care needs arise that warrant assistance from an outside agency, such as hospice care or DME needs.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

The ratio in Memory Care is approximately 3 staff to 1 resident

What safety features or security measures does Holland Village provide to protect residents who wander?

Holland Village offers a secured memory care unit for residents who wander and need security for safety purposes.

What programs or activities does Holland Village offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Holland Village offers a variety of programing activities for residents to participate in, most programing in memory care is geared towards cognition. A variety of the activities involve family photos and memorabilia for the resident to engage in long term memory.

The MC nurse assesses the patient prior to admission along with a physician, 30 days after admission a support plan is completed with the physician and the nurses and every year after that by the physician and the nurse. Another assessment will be completed if there is a significant change prior to the assessment date

What techniques does Holland Village use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Holland Village offers specialized dining services to assist with the needs of our memory care residents. We cater to changing diets and food likes and dislikes. We offer specialized utensils if needed to help empower the patient to feed themselves. If assistance is needed with feeding staff can also assist.

How does Holland Village keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Holland Village. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Is Holland Village affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

St. Mary Medical Center is the hospital closest to Holland Village however, residents can choose to go to whatever hospital they choose.

Costs for Holland Village

Photos of Holland Village

Services and Amenities of Holland Village

• Companion Suites: No
  • Detached Homes

• Pets: All Pets Allowed

• Get Costs

About Holland Village

Holland Village is a beautiful Continuing Care Retirement Community that is in the heart of Bucks County, the campus is as beautiful inside as the scenery outside on the 52 acres that the campus sits on. Holland Village offers Independent Living with several unique floor plans to offer to you and your loved ones. Holland Village also offers Personal Care in both studio and one-bedroom apartments. Within the Personal Care is a secured Memory Care Community also with studio and one-bedroom apartments, this area offers its own individualized memory care programming for the residents.

Amenities for Independent Living and Personal Care are as follows:

• 7 day a week programming in all care levels
    • An indoor pool
    • A Fitness Center
    • Wellness Center, there is a nurse on campus 24 hours a day
    • On-site physician visits for Primary Care Physicians, Podiatrists, Psychiatrist, Dentist, and Optomologist
    • Beauty Parlor
    • Transportation is available to and from physician appointments should you need to go out for an appointment
    • Housekeeping is included
    • Meals are available in our spacious dining room
    • Home Care therapies come right to your home
    • Parking spots available
    • Pull cords for nursing assistance in every apartment and each resident receives a life alert button to call for help when they are not in their apartment.

Holland Village also has a Rehabilitation Center should your loved one need in patient rehabilitation after a hospital stay for any reason, we will care for your loved on in rehab and get them back to their apartment with the appropriate therapy follow up.

Holland Village offers a level of care that is a step above the rest within the community. The professionals caring for your loved ones take pride in caring for others and ensure that they are provided with excellent care and the dignity and respect that they deserve. Once you’re here you are family.

Map of Holland Village