33 Assisted Living Facilities near Warrington, PA
There are 33 Assisted Living Facilities in the Warrington area, with 2 in Warrington and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Warrington is $5,125 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Warminster with an average starting cost of $4,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 235 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warrington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warrington 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Doylestown with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warrington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Warrington, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warrington
Warrington Township is a suburb of Philadelphia that was founded in 1734. Since then, it has grown to have a population of almost 25,000 people, and approximately 14 percent of these residents are aged 60 and over. The township has two assisted living facilities, and 26 more can be found in the nearby communities of Doylestown, Lower Gwynedd and Hatboro.
Assisted living facilities in Pennsylvania are known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs) and are licensed by the Department of Human Services' Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warrington
- Philadelphia, including Warrington, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Seniors in Warrington will not pay income tax on any income from retirement funds or Social Security. Pennsylvania also exempts income from pensions for people aged 60 and over. The states sales tax is one of the 20 lowest in the country, meaning seniors will have more money available in their assisted living budgets.
- The Philadelphia area, including Warrington, is home to world-class medical facilities, including Doylestown Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Warrington generally gets 205 sunny days each year, which is also the national average. The town does tend to be a bit wetter than average, receiving 47 inches of rain each year, compared to the U.S. average of 39, which may be a challenge for seniors who like spending time outdoors. In summer, the July high average is 85 degrees Fahrenheit, and the January low is around 22.
- Senior art lovers in Warrington can explore the art and culture of Bucks County, which boasts many art galleries and theater productions. Some assisted living facilities may also organize group trips into the center of Philadelphia to explore the iconic Philadelphia Museum of Art or to see a show at America's oldest playhouse: the Walnut Street Theater.
- The American Lung Association lists Philadelphia, including Warrington, among the country's most polluted cities in both ozone pollution and year-round particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory illnesses may find that the poor air quality in the township affects their health.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warrington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Warrington start around $5,125 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warrington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warrington
Seniors in assisted living facilities in Warrington who receive Social Security income may be eligible for the Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warrington
Warrington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warrington, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warrington
Warrington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warrington
Review of The Solana Doylestown
We went to The Solana Doylestown. It's pricier than the other facility but still a very nice facility. They have quite a few activities. They have a van, they said they go out to different places l... Read more
Review of The Solana Doylestown
I am currently living at The Solana Doylestown. It's been fine for me. It's an assisted living community of around 150 residents. It doesn't have skilled nursing though, and I want to be in a retir... Read more
Review of The Solana Doylestown
The Solana Doylestown is a beautiful property and I was very impressed. There were lots of good spaces and the entry was very nice. I didn't see any outdoor spaces, which is probably the most negat... Read more