The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Hatboro, PA for 2023
Also serving communities of Horsham.
There are 109 Assisted Living Facilities in the Hatboro area, with 3 in Hatboro and 106 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Hatboro is $5,490 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Willow Grove with an average starting cost of $4,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 658 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Hatboro. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Hatboro 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Southampton with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Hatboro, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Hatboro, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Hatboro
The historically rich borough of Hatboro, which is located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is a vibrant community that is home to nearly 7,500 people. Of these, roughly 15 percent are over the age of 65. In spite of its small size, Hatboro has three assisted living communities for seniors to choose from, and there are another 54 facilities nearby.
In Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are officially called "assisted living residences," which are for seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living, or "personal care homes," which are for seniors who do not need assistance with ADLs. Assisted living residences are licensed by the Department of Aging, Office of Long-Term Living, Division of Licensing, and personal care homes are licensed through the Department of Public Welfare, Adult Residential Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Hatboro
- Hatboro is wet and partly cloudy all throughout the year and features warm, humid summers and frigid winters. The year-round temperature ranges from 25 degrees to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Hatboro is well-suited for seniors who enjoy experiencing four well-defined seasons.
- Seniors on a tight budget may have a difficult time with Hatboro's high cost of living, which is about 18 percent higher than the nationwide average. While the cost of groceries is on par with the national median, seniors can expect to spend about 15 percent more on health care and miscellaneous expenses and 9 percent more on transportation.
- Hatboro seniors are not taxed on their Social Security benefits or income from retirement accounts. Additionally, those who are over the age of 60 do not pay a tax on pension income.
- Public transportation in Hatboro is provided by the Southeastern PA Transportation Authority. Seniors over the age of 65 ride all transit routes for free.
- The Hatboro area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Abington.
- Hatboro has a relatively low crime rate, with residents having only a 1 in 826 chance of being the victim of a violent crime and a 1 in 78 chance of being the victim of a property crime. This may help seniors feel at ease when they're out in the community.
Paying for Assisted Living in Hatboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Hatboro start around $5,490 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Hatboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Hatboro
Currently, Pennsylvania does not cover assisted living under any programs. However, the state does add money to the federal Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment, which seniors can put towards their room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Hatboro
Hatboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Hatboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Hatboro
Hatboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Hatboro, PA
Other Options in Hatboro, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Hatboro
Review of Personal Care at the Park
I saw Personal Care at the Park. Overall, it seemed very good. I liked it. It was a nice facility. It was an older building, so it wasn't as stunning as you would see, like the other facilities, bu... Read more
Review of Wesley Enhanced Living Upper Moreland
Wesley Enhanced Living Upper Moreland has been very good to my mom. Her room is very nice, with a living room and a bedroom, it's well laid out too. They have activities but she doesn't like to do ... Read more
Review of Wesley Enhanced Living Upper Moreland
ASSISTED LIVING AT WESLEY ENHANCED LIVING LEAVES A LOT TO BE DESIRED. VERY POOR COMMUNICATION; THEY DO NOTHING UNLESS YOU ASK OTHER THAN ADMINISTER MEDS WHICH THEY HAVE TO DO. I KNEW MY MOM NEVER... Read more