Deer Meadows Retirement Community Philadelphia, PA

Reviews of Deer Meadows Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Deer Meadows Retirement Community

January 30, 2018

By Theresa

We placed my parents at Deer Meadows and are very pleased with it. It seems like a good place. The grounds are OK but not picturesque because it is right on the Boulevard; however, the people who live there seem to be happy. There are lots of aides and staff members available. The place is very clean and very nice. The bedrooms are too small and there are very few closets. However, there is a large kitchen area, a living area, and one-and-a-half bathrooms, which is nice. The price is good for what they're offering.

May 30, 2017

By dorothy857085

When you walked in at Deer Meadows, you felt comfortable. The people were very friendly, and my mother was there for rehab. They were very good; the people and the therapist were all wonderful and personable. They have transportation that would take them to places. The rooms were nice.

May 06, 2017

By happym13

Other

If care about a love one do not put them in Dear Meadows If your love one gets hurt they will not call 911 .They will call the Hospital and it will take 45minutea to get there You have to ask if your loved one will get a reaction from the drugs they get. My Mother got a physcotic reaction to one of the drugs they gave her and they did nothing. 2:hours later the doctor cameMy Mother could have been in the Hospital or dead i t took 45minutes to put my Mother in the bed..You have to be on top of everything they do They are short sraffed

October 20, 2016

By Octavia

Deer Meadows is beautiful, and my mother-in-law seems to like it. The price is right for what she wanted. She has an efficiency 1-bedroom with a bath and a little tiny sitting room. They appeared to be fine and had a lot of activities like ceramics and Bingo, you could have animals there, you could have parking if you have a car, and the dining rooms were lit and beautiful.

October 06, 2016

By Carl743028

Deer Meadows has not gone through extensive remodeling and was just taken over by a new company. The way that it was being run was kind of restrictive, and I would not want to live there. There were a lot of different kinds of rooms, and you could enlarge a room by taking two rooms and putting them together to make one, long apartment, and that was very nice. The other rooms ranged from comfortably small to maybe a little too small. I did not get the sense that it was entirely a happy retirement community.

September 27, 2015

By Kannir

Not a good place my family. No communication, DON wasn't nice, don't know how to treat patient or staff.

June 28, 2015

We were on a real tight budget, and Deer Meadows worked out a budget that we can afford. They travel to the local stores, and they take them out to a movie, but there's not as much activity as I thought there's going to be. My mom goes to bingo twice a week, and my dad plays cards once a week. I feel that they're safe there. The staff seems to be on top of things, but they can do more things to make them more active, and someone needs to take a hold of the activities per se and enhance it.

May 18, 2015

By with

Facility was unkempt. Dietary was sub-standard and the meal was inappropriate for my father's phyical condition. TV was broken in his room. All in all I would stay way

February 11, 2014

By MargiJ

My father was a short term resident at Deer Meadows. Our family could not ask for a better outcome for the care he received. The nursing staff were attentive to all his needs. The Rehab Department was excellent. My father did return once again after a hospital stay and again our family was very pleased his care. The facility is very clean and bright. I would recommend Deer Meadows for the excellent nursing care they provide.

Costs for Deer Meadows Retirement Community

Photos of Deer Meadows Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Deer Meadows Retirement Community

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites.

• Hindi
  • Spanish

• Pets: Small Pets

About Deer Meadows Retirement Community

Deer Meadows Retirement Community (DMRC) is a Continuing Care Retirement Community originally founded in 1869 as The Baptist Home of Philadelphia. A community landmark, DMRC recently celebrated its 145th anniversary as a provider of high-quality residential services that allow seniors to remain active and independent, while confident of the best assistance, support, and medical care.

Today, Deer Meadows offers independent living apartments, personal care living and nursing care for all seniors. DMRC also offers intensive rehabilitation not only for its residents, but also for people in the neighborhood who may need short-term therapy.

Independent Living

Deer Meadows Retirement Community’s independent residents can select from many styles of luxury suites – from spacious, beautifully appointed two-bedroom suite, and extravagant one bedroom units in several sizes. We also have spacious studio apartments as well.

Personal Care/Assisted Living

For those residents who need assistance, you can choose from our beautifully appointed apartments and personal care will come to you. Rests assure your loved ones can live in a comfortable and friendly environment, enjoying the company of others.

Memory Care

Deer Meadows offers a secure Memory Care community to ensure that your loved ones are safe and well-cared for.

Deer Meadows Retirement Community will continue to be a leader in resident services. We will embrace change that will help us enhance our services. We will organize and make investments to take advantage of opportunities that satisfy the needs of our residents and employees. We will respond to regulations and legislation in a creative fashion that assures our continuous financial success. We will manage our resources applying the principles of continuous quality improvement. Above all else we will protect our reputation for excellence and success even as criteria for excellence and success change.

Our Core Values set us apart and include Compassion: Caring for those we serve with kind, heartfelt and genuine concern. Creativity: Continuous improvement through innovation and teamwork. Integrity: Dedication to doing what is right.

Map of Deer Meadows Retirement Community