28 Assisted Living Facilities near Doylestown, PA
Also serving communities of Chalfont.
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Doylestown area, with 2 in Doylestown and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Doylestown is $4,035 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 209 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Doylestown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Doylestown 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warrington with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Doylestown, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Doylestown, PA
26 Assisted Living Facilities near Doylestown, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Doylestown
The seat of Bucks County is less than 30 miles from Philadelphia in Doylestown, where nearly 30 percent of residents are over 65. To serve this growing community, there are two assisted living facilities in Doylestown with a further 47 located nearby. Each of these facilities is licensed and regulated by the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. Assisted living facilities like those in Doylestown provide assistance to seniors with daily activities like dressing and bathing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Doylestown
- In terms of overall community safety, Doylestown has a positive reputation as a safe city. Its annual average crime rate of 722 per 100,000 people is far below the national average which is 2,837 per 100,000 people.
- Doylestown has an array of resources for seniors, including the Central Bucks Senior Activity Center, which offers health and fitness programs, lifelong learning activities, and social and recreational activities.
- The Doylestown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Doylestown Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who plan to take public transportation will have convenient access to Doylestown Dart bus service, part of Bucks County Transportation, which also provides routes to the SEPTA Doylestown Rail Line. Seniors aged 65 and older can ride the bus for free.
- Unlike several states, Pennsylvania does not tax social security checks. This may leave seniors with more funds in their budgets that can be used for assisted living costs. Additionally, Pennsylvania does not typically tax seniors’ withdrawals from work retirement or 401k accounts.
- While seniors may save money on taxes in the state, they could wind up paying more for living expenses. Doylestown has a cost of living index of 136, which is considerably higher than the national average of 100.
Paying for Assisted Living in Doylestown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Doylestown start around $3,903 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Doylestown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Doylestown
Pennsylvania is one of a handful of states that doesn't offer public assistance for care within an assisted living facility. The state does offer waivers for seniors who need support for in-home care or for seniors who require skilled nursing home care. For seniors receiving SSI benefits, the state may provide a supplement to pay for care at an assisted living facility. However, there's limited funding, so many seniors are placed on a waitlist until funds become available.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Doylestown
Doylestown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Doylestown, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Doylestown
Doylestown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Doylestown, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Doylestown
Review of Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown
I have only visited this facility as a possible residence for an elderly parent. The main floor is currently undergoing a major renovation project, so there is disarray and noise, but it will be lo... Read more
Review of Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown
Wesley Enhanced Living Doylestown is a fantastic experience. My in-laws are very happy there. The people are very nice, professional, and were able to work with us very quickly. I have nothing but ... Read more
Review of Pine Run Lakeview
My friend just moved into Pine Run Lakeview. It's a nice room. They have lots of activities and the staff member made a good impression. The facility is very clean. Read more