49 Assisted Living Facilities near Collegeville, PA
Also serving communities of Limerick, Limerick.
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Collegeville area, with 3 in Collegeville and 46 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 283 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Collegeville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Collegeville 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Phoenixville with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Collegeville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Collegeville, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Collegeville
Collegeville is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania and a suburb of Philadelphia that lies on the Perkiomen Creek. Collegeville was officially incorporated in 1896 and has a population of 5,100, 10.6 percent of whom are age 65 and over. Seniors seeking an assisted living facility, called assisted living residences in Pennsylvania, can choose from 66 facilities in the Philadelphia area. These facilities provide help with the activities of daily living and medication management. In Collegeville, as in the rest of the commonwealth, assisted living facilities are regulated by the Department of Human Services’ Bureau of Human Services Licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Collegeville
- Areavibes gives the weather in Collegeville a D. The highest monthly average temperature is 75 degrees in July, while the lowest monthly average temperature is 29 degrees in February. April brings about 12 inches of rain, leading to slick surfaces that can be a challenge for those with limited mobility.
Air quality in Collegeville is 14 percent worse than the national average, and the pollution index is 61 percent worse than the national average. Seniors with respiratory illnesses may have a hard time breathing at certain times of the year.
- Collegeville is a suburb of Philadelphia and as such is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Collegville has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Phoenixville with the Phoenixville Hospital.
- Seniors traveling to Collegeville on day trips are very safe as the overall crime rate here is 67 percent lower than the U.S. average. For every 100,000 people, there are 2.57 daily crimes, and Collegeville is safer than 81 percent of all cities nationwide.
- The cost of living in Collegeville is 25 percent higher than the Pennsylvania average and 24 percent higher than the U.S. average. Seniors on a budget may experience tight finances in Collegeville.
Paying for Assisted Living in Collegeville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Collegeville start around $4,790 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Collegeville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Collegeville
Pennsylvania has Supplemental Security Income benefits that can can help pay for assisted living costs in Collegeville. Interested seniors can apply for Medical Assistance (MA) and payment for long-term care services via the Pennsylvania Department of Health and Human Services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Collegeville
Collegeville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Collegeville, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Collegeville
Collegeville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Collegeville, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Collegeville
Review of Columbia Cottage Collegeville
We chose Columbia Cottage Collegeville for mom because it's a small community, and the caregiver to resident ratio is favorable. They offer a variety of activities and services, and the location wa... Read more
Review of Providence Place at the Collegeville Inn
My father is in Providence Place at the Collegeville Inn at assisted living. They also have a memory care unit. It's the only experience we know because we've never been to any other assisted livin... Read more
Review of Providence Place at the Collegeville Inn
Providence Place at the Collegeville Inn just opened up in 2019. It was very, very bright, had wide hallways, very big, and very nice. The decoration and the furniture were all beautiful. They buil... Read more