103 Assisted Living Facilities near East Norriton, PA
Also serving communities of Worcester.
There are 103 Assisted Living Facilities in the East Norriton area, with 2 in East Norriton and 101 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 560 reviews below for assisted living facilities in East Norriton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in East Norriton 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ambler with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in East Norriton, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in East Norriton, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in East Norriton
East Norriton is a small town of about 13,500 residents. It's located just outside of Philadelphia along the Schuylkill River. More than 25% of East Norriton's population is made up of senior citizens aged 65 or older. To care for the area's senior population, there are two assisted living facilities in East Norriton, as well as an additional 48 located nearby in surrounding towns and cities.
In Pennsylvania, assisted living facilities are officially known as Assisted Living Residences (ALRs). ALRs in Pennsylvania are subject to a strict set of rules that govern both the type of care and the accommodations that must be provided to residents. The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services - Office of Long-Term Living is responsible for regulating and monitoring the operation of all ALRs in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in East Norriton
- The East Norriton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Suburban Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- East Norriton and its surrounding areas are served by the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority, which provides safe transportation throughout Montgomery County and offers reduced fares for senior citizens.
- The cost of living in East Norriton is 18.7% higher than the national average, which may affect the cost of assisted living and present complications for seniors on tight budgets.
- East Norriton is subject to high precipitation levels. Throughout the year, the town sees an average of 47 inches of rain and 17 inches of snow. While some seniors may enjoy the seasonal weather, those who enjoy spending plenty of time outdoors may want to consider assisted living options in other regions.
- Crime rates in East Norriton are below the national average. The town has 6.3% fewer property crimes and 2.8% less than in the average U.S. city. While seniors may feel safe knowing that, they may still wish to discuss security while touring ALRs.
- The air quality in Montgomery County has been given a failing grade by the American Lung Association, which means it may put residents' health at risk, in particular, seniors and those with respiratory or cardiovascular illnesses.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in East Norriton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in East Norriton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in East Norriton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in East Norriton
The state of Pennsylvania does not cover the cost of services provided in ALRs through the Medicaid state plan or any of its waivers.
Seniors who receive Supplemental Security Income are protected by state laws that stipulate the maximum fees that ALRs in East Norriton and throughout Philadelphia may charge.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in East Norriton
East Norriton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in East Norriton, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in East Norriton
East Norriton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near East Norriton, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in East Norriton
Review of Brandywine Living at Senior Suites
My dad will move to Brandywine Living at Senior Suites. I like the feel of the place, I felt that it was appropriate for my father. I felt like some of the rooms were a little bit dark, and some we... Read more
Review of Brightview East Norriton
My father is in Brightview East Norriton. We had used it for my wife's mother, so we were already familiar with it, and that really helped. The staff is very attentive, and they do a fine job. They... Read more
Review of Brandywine Living at Senior Suites
My loving, charismatic grandpop has always had a larger than life personality. My grandmom always had a way of grounding him and caring for him, most times better than he for himself! When we lost ... Read more