The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Bryn Mawr, PA for 2023
Also serving communities of Rosemont.
There are 59 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bryn Mawr area, with 2 in Bryn Mawr and 57 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bryn Mawr is $3,850 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,780.
To help you with your search, browse the 305 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bryn Mawr. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bryn Mawr 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bryn Mawr, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Bryn Mawr, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bryn Mawr
Bryn Mawr is a small community with a history that reaches back to the late 1600s when it was given to William Penn by King Charles II as part of a land charter. Today, the community is home to about 16,000 people, roughly 14% of whom are aged 65 and over.
There are over 50 assisted living facilities in the Bryn Mawr region, two of which are located in the city proper. These facilities may either be classified as assisted living residences, which are licensed by Department of Aging, or personal care homes, which are licensed by the Department of Public Welfare, depending on the populations they serve.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bryn Mawr
- Bryn Mawr seniors do not pay state income tax on their Social Security income or withdrawals from retirement savings accounts, and taxpayers age 60 and older do not pay state income tax on public or private pension income. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living expenses.
- Bryn Mawr has comfortable summers with July highs around 83 degrees and relatively comfortable humidity levels, which may appeal to seniors who are sensitive to heat. Winters are cold with January highs around 37 degrees, and the region receives an average of just 21 inches of annual snowfall.
- Ozone pollution levels in the Bryn Mawr region are very high, which may adversely affect the health of seniors, particularly those with certain health conditions. The American Lung Association gives Montgomery County an F for this type of pollution and ranks the region 21 out of 228 metropolitan areas for high ozone days.
- The Bryn Mawr area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Bryn Mawr Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall crime rate in Bryn Mawr is near the U.S. median, both for cities of all population sizes and cities with similar population sizes. However, the majority of the crime that takes place in this city is property-related. Violent crimes occur at a much lower rate than average, which may provide peace of mind for seniors.
- The overall cost of living is nearly 70% higher than state and national averages. While this is primarily due to the very high cost of housing, seniors may also expect to pay about 15% more on healthcare here than in the average U.S. city. This may be a concern for seniors with tight retirement budgets.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bryn Mawr
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Bryn Mawr start around $5,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bryn Mawr and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bryn Mawr
Neither Pennsylvania's Medicaid program nor any of its waivers cover assisted living services, but Bryn Mawr seniors who are eligible for Supplemental Security Income may use this benefit toward assisted living expenses and they cannot be charged more than their monthly income, as per PA Code 2800.27.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bryn Mawr
Bryn Mawr and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bryn Mawr, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bryn Mawr
Bryn Mawr-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bryn Mawr, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bryn Mawr
Review of Bryn Mawr Village
My grandfather lives in Bryn Mawr Village. He likes the place and he enjoys the weekly activities they have like bingo games. He's got a nice-sized room. It's also nicely laid. The staff is very kind. Read more
Review of Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
Beaumont at Bryn Mawr is great, really beautiful, and elegant. If it weren’t so far out and it weren’t so expensive, it would be high on our list. We’ve eaten there a couple of times because we hav... Read more
Review of Beaumont at Bryn Mawr
My experience with Beaumont at Bryn Mawr has been first class and five star. The sprawling grounds and beautiful facilities are spectacular. When my grandmother moved there I was surprised at how... Read more