64 Assisted Living Facilities near Exton, PA
With an average cost of $4,235 in Exton, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 30 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Exton.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Exton, PA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Exton
Exton is located within West Whiteland Township. It has a strong community and over the course of the year, seniors can enjoy craft fairs, the summer concert series and Exton Park Community Day. Exton is home to almost 5,000 residents and over 12% of the population is aged 65 and over. Seniors in Exton can find accommodation in one of the two assisted living facilities in the town or in one of the 55 facilities located in nearby communities.
In Exton and throughout Pennsylvania, these facilities are licensed and monitored by the Department of Aging Office of Long-Term Living.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Exton
- The Exton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Chester County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority provides public transportation around Exton and to other towns and cities in the area. Riders aged 65 and over receive free transport. Paratransit services and the Shared-Ride Program also provide transit to people unable to use the fixed-route services.
- Chester County, including Exton, has mixed air quality. The county received a failing grade for ozone pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report. The 24-hour particle pollution grade was an 'A' and the county received a pass for annual particle pollution. Seniors with respiratory conditions may wish to investigate how this will impact their health.
- Art lovers in Exton have many opportunities to get involved in the town's art scene. The Chester County Art Association has a gallery in Exton Square and creative seniors can join a drop-in art class at the location. Other cultural attractions in Chester County include performances by local theater company, People's Light.
- The overall cost of living in Exton is 139.8 on the Sperling index, compared to the national average of 100. This is largely due to the cost of housing, and the cost of groceries in the area is equal to the national median. The budgets of seniors with health conditions may be impacted by healthcare costs in the area, which are more than 14 points higher than the U.S. average.
- Exton has cold winters, with an average low temperature in January of 20 degrees. The town gets around 49 inches of rain each year, 11 inches more than the national average. Despite this, there are 200 sunny days each year, giving outdoor-loving seniors ample opportunities to spend time in the sunshine.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Exton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Pennsylvania
Assisted Living costs in Exton start around $4,175 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Exton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Exton
Seniors in Exton who receive Social Security benefits may be able to receive financial assistance through the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Exton
Exton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Exton, please visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Exton
Exton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Pennsylvania are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Pennsylvania page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Exton, PA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Exton
Review of Sunrise of Exton
I got a tour of Sunrise of Exton. It was great, but it is not something I can afford for my mother. It was first class. The whole community was nice. I met one of the managers who took me on a tour... Read more
Review of Exton Senior Living
Exton Senior Living seemed not to be very well maintained. The rooms were tiny and needed attention. We had an appointment and I thought it was odd to be shown around by the maintenance manager bec... Read more
Review of Sunrise of Exton
My husband stayed at Sunrise of Exton. It was very beautiful, like a five-star hotel, but I wasn't happy with them neglecting him. When he came home, he had four pairs of underwear on, he hadn't ha... Read more